Death Stalker [Commercial]

Click Here to go to the Death Stalker

The Death Stalker is a large predatory creature from another world that stands over 7 meters tall. It is blind but has bio-radar spikes and sensory antennas to find its prey with precision.

The Death Stalker comes with an age morph that lets you adjust its size and appearance that ranges from large adult to juvenile. You can also change this creature's appearance with three different skin textures. Change its behavior with 11 available full-body poses and 2 additional head poses that will pose the mouth, tongue and mandibles for you.

The Death Stalker includes Iray material presets along with material zones to easily change areas like its teeth, mouth, and spikes.

Click here to see my Content Release Schedule.

Post edited by Herschel Hoffmeyer on

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116

Interesting specimen you've got there; it's like a giant dinobug. Looks good.

• HoppittyHoppitty Posts: 466

Oh my, this is freaking awesome!

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755

O....M.......G.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

I think I saw him in my nightmares. Wow! I need to stock up on bug spray...

• ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 788
    Oh my Lord, amazing design. Looks like a bedbug in steroids. LOL
  • Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755

Like one of those things where they magnify all the little creatures that live on our bodies.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    edited May 2017

That looks great!  Are the shoulder/back spikes a separate mat zone? I can imagine really making an older one with yellowing spikes

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • Are the shoulder/back spikes a separate mat zone? I can imagine really making an older one with yellowing spikes

Yes, they are their own seperate material zone. Other material zones include the mouth, teeth, and tail end tips. Glowing spikes/tail tips would be a fun idea probably as well.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550

looks pretty cool, although I am not big into fantasy creatures and can't see much of a use for him. Looking at your release schedule, very much looking forward to the Carnotaurus sastrei and it's battle armor though.

keep up the great work!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Wow this is awesome!

• TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 519

i love monsters, looking forward to her in my library and scenes.

• SyphonapteraSyphonaptera Posts: 190

The Death Stalker is a large predatory creature from another world that stands over 7 meters tall. It is blind but has bio-radar spikes and sensory antennas to find its prey with precision.

The Death Stalker comes with an age morph that lets you adjust its size and appearance that ranges from large adult to juvenile. You can also change this creature's appearance with three different skin textures. Change its behavior with 11 available full-body poses and 2 additional head poses that will pose the mouth, tongue and mandibles for you.

The Death Stalker includes Iray material presets along with material zones to easily change areas like its teeth, mouth, and spikes.

Click here to see my Content Release Schedule.

THAT'S MY NEIGHBOUR'S DOG , DUDE!!! ;) (And it looks awesome ) 

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112

Love him he looks great !!!

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134

This guy is awesome!  Here is a couple of quick renders I did yesterday, first one is him prowling the beach looking for prey, and then one of him finding some. 

the_terror_1.jpg
    6827 x 3840 - 3M
    the_terror_2.jpg
    6827 x 3840 - 1M
  • ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413

ha love it dragotx

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047

When I saw the title of your thread, I immediately thought of the old B Movie Deathstalker...

A B-movie that reinforces the 'why we have so many skimpy barbarian gal outfits around here'.  Frazetta's art was the rage back then...

But back on topic:

That's quite the beast you've put together there Hershel!

deathstalker-027-1024x575.jpg
    640 x 341 - 80K

ha love it dragotx

Thanks!  I will admit to some semi-wicked cackling on my part when I thought of that second one.  Not evil-overlord quality, but at least henchman level.  :D

dragotx said:

ha love it dragotx

Thanks!  I will admit to some semi-wicked cackling on my part when I thought of that second one.  Not evil-overlord quality, but at least henchman level.  :D

Oh this definitely deserves an evil overlord cackle lol.  I am still laughing since I saw it over on Deviant Art earlier today.

Apparently, she is a doting mama

I was thinking imagine a swarm of them sweeping across their victims like ants 

oh she's a nice mamma for some reason tremors pops in my head 

dragotx said:

ha love it dragotx

Oh this definitely deserves an evil overlord cackle lol.  I am still laughing since I saw it over on Deviant Art earlier today.

Heh, glad you liked it. Any day I can make someone smile is a good day indeed

having played with her yet and I like that new one your working on too your another creator in my list of styles of creatures I count as being close to being the style/inspiration of what I want to create like Josh Crocket and a few others along the lines of creatures I made/sculpted and drew long ago would like to recreate 

Lol yes I am a big fan of those as well.  I'm a big fan of B rated movies in general.

Tremors was the second thing that popped into my head when I first saw this one.  "Oh that is flipping sweet!" being the first thing.  But flipping wasn't the word I used.  :D

Lol thank you very much!

dragotx said:

Tremors was the second thing that popped into my head when I first saw this one.  "Oh that is flipping sweet!" being the first thing.  But flipping wasn't the word I used.  :D

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047

Yeah, I can see how you guys are seeing Graboid there.  Or more likely Assblaster...

Thie deathstalker model looks like it could be adapted to an assblaster-like creature pretty easily.

I liked Tremors 5, it was fun.  Tremors 6 apparently went into production in February (Slated for a Jan 30th 2018 release) and there was also some chatter about a Kevin Bacon version of Tremors being worked on too.  That being said, Burt Gummer (Michael Gross) is probably one of my favorite action heroes!

Speaking of which, there seems to be general lack of decent Graboids, Assblasters, related sets, etc...  I found an old thread on another site where some guy was modeling Perfection and the associated characters, but I'm not seeing any downloads associated with that.  I see a couple of creature models here and there, but they look pretty dated detail wise.  This Deathstalker model looks like a really good place to start if you wanted to make some Tremors inspired creatures for some reason...

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

Decided Blind Demons seemed to 'fit' the xenology of death stalker/dune hunter ...

(Played with the skin of the death hunter a bit)

Stalker Confrontation.jpg
    2160 x 2160 - 2M

They actually look like they are having a very intense conversation...

They actually look like they are having a very intense conversation...

BDemon:  We thought you were bringing the beer!

DHunter:  How could I bring the beer?  I've got little stubby arms!