Please Update Hexagon

hi

I am using Hexagon since it was relese by Eovia, and use it as my basic modeler before move the models to Zbrush and Carrara.

This Year I moved to a new computer (i7, 64GB ram, Win10Pro...) but Hexagon become really Unusual Unstable almost UNUSABLE

If anyone from DAZ read these lines - Please update Hexagon (even try only compile it under the new Windows), Don't add new features, just make it stable enough, to be usable again.

Thank You

Comments

• I fear that Hexagon is just not being worked on. I bit the bullet and just learned to use Blender. It's free and while not as easy as Hex, you can model in it and, for me, after a few months of study and practice, I actually like it better. It's very stable on my Mac. And in my case, it even replaced Carrara (which seems to be on life-support currently). The thing with tech, especially software, is not to become too attached to one app, learn the princples of what that app does. In Hex's case it's modeling. And then applying those principles to other apps will make your mind more flexilble and able to think outside the app, so to speak. I still miss using SIlio, which is "still actively being developed" although the last update was some time year before last, iirc. 

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378

I too have moved on.  Hex was just too crashy-crashy.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655

Just a note - the Wiki page for Hexagon does still show that a private beta is in progress http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/hexagon/2/start

• Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728

That's actually pretty exciting. would love to see a stable 64-bit Hex. it is one of the funnest modlers to work with.

• HathatoolHathatool Posts: 21

Just a note - the Wiki page for Hexagon does still show that a private beta is in progress http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/hexagon/2/start

how can i get to this beta?

i will be happy to help the development

• Cliff BowmanCliff Bowman Posts: 1,677

How long since that apge was updated, please?

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693
    Hathatool said:

hi

I am using Hexagon since it was relese by Eovia, and use it as my basic modeler before move the models to Zbrush and Carrara.

This Year I moved to a new computer (i7, 64GB ram, Win10Pro...) but Hexagon become really Unusual Unstable almost UNUSABLE

If anyone from DAZ read these lines - Please update Hexagon (even try only compile it under the new Windows), Don't add new features, just make it stable enough, to be usable again.

Thank You

you might try running it in a virtual-machine (e.g. virtualbox, on a copy of win7, maybe even a 32-bit version if you want to be not-so-new => compatible) in your new machine. Remember to enable the LAA (large address aware) on it (see the bryce forums for tips/tools to enable LAA on older SW)

You can share a common folder on your main machine with the virtual machine, so moving your results back and forth are easy. Probably doesn't do so well with the DazStudio Bridge... alas.

--ms