Genesis + Michael 5 + UV Maps

Hello! :)

First of all I'm sorry if this has been asked already in the past, knowing that Genesis 1.0 is quite old right now.

I've been on the hunt to replace the faithfull Michael 4 for a long time now and the more I look at Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 males, the less I like the physique or even the various face structures around.

Michael 5 has that neat combo of hunk and sexy that I was looking for to replace my OC.

The main issue is with his UV textures: I loaded genesis easily into poser, morph are all in place and everything checks, but not the texture maps.

It seems that for some weird reason, Poser Material room treats the texture maps for michael 5 as they were V4 uv maps and they are all messed up.

I did test in Daz Studio and if you mess with the UV Map setting, you can reproduce the skew effect even in daz.

Question is: is there a way to make Micheal 5 standard texture works inside poser or it is bound to stay in daz studio?
So far this is the only instance I had this sort of problem because with Freak 5 or even Genesis 2 figures, all works pretty much flawless :(

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,996

Default UVs for genesis is V4, you have to tell poser that you want to use M5 UVs. Not sure how you do that, though, as I never used Genesis in Poser. I think there's a script available for this.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581

There should be poser companion files that you install as well that applies the textures to genesis. The companion files should have the script to change the UV to apply materials. M5 should have those files available to install, if you try to apply textures from Michael 4 from other products, you'll need to make poser companion files in DAZ Studio that will change the UV then apply the settings. I believe M#c4D may have a script as well that you can use that doesn't use DAZStudio, but I don't have a link.

• Alien AlloyAlien Alloy Posts: 181
    Leana said:

Default UVs for genesis is V4, you have to tell poser that you want to use M5 UVs. Not sure how you do that, though, as I never used Genesis in Poser. I think there's a script available for this.

Sadly poser material room doesn't have such an option :(

• Alien AlloyAlien Alloy Posts: 181

There should be poser companion files that you install as well that applies the textures to genesis. The companion files should have the script to change the UV to apply materials. M5 should have those files available to install, if you try to apply textures from Michael 4 from other products, you'll need to make poser companion files in DAZ Studio that will change the UV then apply the settings. I believe M#c4D may have a script as well that you can use that doesn't use DAZStudio, but I don't have a link.

I will have to double check because inside the Michael 5 pack that I have (it's the old pro bundle I think) there is no dson companion file for micheal 5, just the .exe and a ds metadata mumbo jumbo :)

It works flawless inside daz studio, so that is a good start.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984

Poser 9/2012 Companion files for Genesis UV switching. On sale for 35 cents! 

http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=product&product_id=86

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581

I will have to double check because inside the Michael 5 pack that I have (it's the old pro bundle I think) there is no dson companion file for micheal 5, just the .exe and a ds metadata mumbo jumbo :)

It works flawless inside daz studio, so that is a good start.

There are companion files for it in your product library.