Joequick's Sketchbook

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

That looks fine. Its just when you add or leave on a nipple morph you get some real square results if there is not enough polys in that area. I have seen some Genesis clothing that lacked polys there and dialling nipples is a no no. And this was on woman clothing lol.

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
    edited December 1969

Oh, I see where you're coming from. However, the nipple erection fetish demographic just wasn't a part of the market I was trying to corner with this outfit.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Not really a fetish though Joe. My nipples are always ON.... Hot or cold whether.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Not really a fetish though Joe. My nipples are always ON.... Hot or cold whether.

TMI :lol:
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Just the truth of the matter really! lol

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

I will not be remodeling and rerigging that shirt just to facilitate nipple erections. It's just not going to happen.

• TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited December 1969

Um, wouldn't SubDivision with collision fix that anyway?

edited December 1969

I'd considered pointing that out or suggesting a displacement map (which could also give some of the way that the fabric might "tent", as opposedto just adding pencil erasers), but decided that it contradicted my overall message about things not needing nipple morphs.

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited January 2013

Joequick said:

I'd considered pointing that out or suggesting a displacement map (which could also give some of the way that the fabric might "tent", as opposedto just adding pencil erasers), but decided that it contradicted my overall message about things not needing nipple morphs.

*Edited because the joke wasn't as funny as I originally thought* :-)

Post edited by Mr Gneiss Guy on
    edited January 2013

Joe, when you said you were replacing the shirt with a higher poly version, do you keep the basic shape and then redefine the polys? I'm very new to modeling, but I assume you start with the layer of clothes closest to the figure and work outward? If you replaced the shirt from scratch, it would seem like a giant pain to have to readjust the sweater, or is that kind of thing less complicated than I think? I'm still in the learning the tools and creating simple shapes phase. Clothes are a comfort level away yet.

Post edited by Mr Gneiss Guy on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:

So I'm guessing we won't be seeing any Joe Quick Joel Shumacher "Batman and Robin" suits? :lol:

edited December 1969

Joe, when you said you were replacing the shirt with a higher poly version, do you keep the basic shape and then redefine the polys? I'm very new to modeling, but I assume you start with the layer of clothes closest to the figure and work outward? If you replaced the shirt from scratch, it would seem like a giant pain to have to readjust the sweater, or is that kind of thing less complicated than I think? I'm still in the learning the tools and creating simple shapes phase. Clothes are a comfort level away yet.

The shapes of the two shirts were very similar. The main difference is in the cuffs. In order to refit the sweater, in zbrush I just use the move brush to adjust the fit and then make further adjustments to refit the coat.

edited December 1969

Ah, okay. I don't have Z-Brush yet, I'm teaching myself box modeling first, I figured it would be a good foundation.

edited December 1969

Joequick said:

Nipply Schumacher Batman is always worth poking fun of.

edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    Joequick said:

Nipply Schumacher Batman is always worth poking fun of.

Though it could potentially poke your eye out...

• Patrick TynerPatrick Tyner Posts: 640
    edited December 1969

Question.....what happened to your stuff over at Renderosity? On your store page nothing comes up, and if I follow an older link to a product, the page comes up but you can't purchase it.....?

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

you can buy his older stuff from him through paypal

edited December 1969

you can buy his older stuff from him through paypal

Does he have his own store site?

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

No just contact him on here of via his email.

I have bought a couple of things from him recently

edited December 1969

Okay, Thanks!!

edited December 1969

figured i'd post some updates

Rhino is out
    Rat is waiting on a tail
    Casual but Smart is nearing completion

Here are some renders of Booster Gold and Blue Beetle outfits I've recently done.

boostergeo.jpg
    800 x 600 - 175K
    kordwip.jpg
    800 x 600 - 193K
    vsbooster.jpg
    615 x 800 - 115K
    kord.jpg
    615 x 800 - 118K
    blueandgold.jpg
    615 x 800 - 121K
    edited December 1969

two more finished images. Ship and Skeets by Rduda, Booster's blasters by Redfern

BlueAndGold3_800.jpg
    800 x 500 - 352K
    blueandgoldtoon_vs800.jpg
    800 x 500 - 142K
    edited December 1969

trek uniforms i traded duda for the ship

v4ds9.jpg
    375 x 600 - 39K
    trekupdate.jpg
    375 x 600 - 53K
    edited December 1969

a Guy Gardner vest for m4, i was going to do an entire outfit, but kinda petered out. just so many belts, belts on everything.

vest.jpg
    1700 x 600 - 264K
    vest4.jpg
    800 x 600 - 214K
    belt.jpg
    800 x 600 - 163K
    edited March 2013

a few more recent rat images

ratupdate2.jpg
    500 x 500 - 62K
    ratupdate.jpg
    500 x 500 - 48K
    ratupdate3.jpg
    500 x 500 - 58K
    hairyrat_web.jpg
    615 x 800 - 301K
    Post edited by JoeQuick on
  • KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

And in kimono? :) You already have turtles :)

edited March 2013

These are some comparatively more recent renders of the Casual but Smart outfit.

popup3.jpg
    615 x 800 - 270K
    popup5.jpg
    615 x 800 - 206K
    Main.jpg
    615 x 800 - 214K
    Post edited by JoeQuick on
    edited December 1969

An all girl Aiko 5 Foot Clan squad.

a5urbanninjas.jpg
    769 x 1000 - 318K
    ninjaseperates.jpg
    615 x 800 - 112K
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Hey Joe. Whatever happened to the "Tank" figure. I would love to have 'em. Any plans for release perhaps with some interesting texture options?

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    Hey Joe. Whatever happened to the "Tank" figure. I would love to have 'em. Any plans for release perhaps with some interesting texture options?

I hope to include it in a Golem package. I've got ideas for an additional body type, a few different heads, and a variety of clay and stone inspired textures. It'll be a nice, easy, familiar project to work on once I've finally wrapped up the casual outfit.