It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

soooo cruel and ironic.
    SmithMicro sends me an email offer of a Wacom Bamboo tablet AND Magna studio for $89 when I have no muuuuuuuuuny!!!

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited June 2012

Yup, that's life for you. When you least expect it or can least afford it, it surprises you. I made a substancial dent in my credit card this week but there were just so many things I've left off for too long in getting. I'll probably regret it down the road when the next cool thing goes on sale and I'm broke. Lol. :lol:

I killed DAZ Studio 4.5 and reverted back to 4.0 for now. Compatibility and small but annoying bugs outweighed the new features of which instancing and autofit with morphs were probably the only really useful ones.

Meh, time to go home. I'll catch you all later on.

Post edited by Harry Dresden on
  • BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Autofit with morphs sounds pretty good, and instancing seems pretty standard for a 3D program these days so it's good to see DS going down that route.

I have a new credit card on its way... That's pretty dangerous!

I have been playing WoW today, and thinking that I would really like to do some work inspired by it, but not like direct copies or anything. I did play with Bryce a bit this morning in between work and WoW, but I'm still not very good with it, I find Vue more intuitive. But I'm sure it's down to me, not the software.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Harry is like me, he needs his Reality fix, and DS4.5 will not run it yet. Not even the DS4.5 RCv2, darn it.

OT: Very High Humidity today, Very High Dew Point today, Very High Arthritis Pain today. Beginning to think they just might all be connected.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I just nabed the Bryce 5.5 free items. I now have some tutorials to watch also.

Stupid question time. Why do some people get Zip files and Some get Exe. Still? I was so hoping for zips, it would have made the installs so much easier. Blah :long:

They haven't converted everything to Zips yet. It looks like they started with the older stuff, the stuff with Mac installers that don't work on current Macs. I'd guess 1/3 to 1/2 are Zips now.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I just nabed the Bryce 5.5 free items. I now have some tutorials to watch also.

Stupid question time. Why do some people get Zip files and Some get Exe. Still? I was so hoping for zips, it would have made the installs so much easier. Blah :long:

They haven't converted everything to Zips yet. It looks like they started with the older stuff, the stuff with Mac installers that don't work on current Macs. I'd guess 1/3 to 1/2 are Zips now.
    I have a new user trying to install the V4 Bundle, has it gone zip or did they download the Mac file? I reset my v4 Base and V4 Pro Bundle and have exes. I'm thinking they messed up.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2012

Yeah it sounds as though they have dowloaded the wrong files. When You get the zip downloads you get just one file, not a choice. If he had a choice of exe and zip, then he needs the exe.

BTW, @ BBS How did you survive the wild and windy weather ? Did you get it bad where you are.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

I thought that was the problem. Thanks for the info.

edited June 2012

BTW, if by chance you do get any downloads that have already been converted to zips, then you should avise them to unzip to a temp folder, as they are not well packed. I unzipped the one I had, and it unzips to a Content folder, and then inside the content folder I had the runtime folder.

THere is a bug report about it. here, if anyone wants to add a comment to it https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=47031

edited December 1969

I think we are making progress, he now has some skin textures and poses but can not find V4. I wish mine was in DS4 and not my DS3 content. I'm not sure of the path in DS4.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    BTW, @ BBS How did you survive the wild and windy weather ? Did you get it bad where you are.

It was very windy, and we had some floods, but nothing so serious that lives were lost. Some parts of Taunton were without electricity for a few days though, which was pretty harsh. One of our friends had just stocked up her freezer... All ruined!

Now... Remind me again why Daz changed the website!

edited June 2012

Cos the old one was all held together with chewing gum and duct tape, and was likely to fall apart at any moment.

Was it a good idea, I refuse to comment on that.

Next question please, and can you make it an easy one next time. lol

OH and BTW up here, at its worst we were watching the water running down the road, about 2" deep, but it actually didn't do any damage down in town. THey wreren't so lucky over in West wales, as you may have seen on the TV.

edited June 2012

Ummm... because the old site was held together with duct tape and bailing wire I hear. I still say they should have paid for a in house install by the company they bought from. Or at least farm out the extra coding needed to get us back to a forum we can recognize.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

my CGI bingle re-enactment uploaded! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1mxZyQuwi0

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I think we are making progress, he now has some skin textures and poses but can not find V4. I wish mine was in DS4 and not my DS3 content. I'm not sure of the path in DS4.

The path is the same from "Runtime" down, just the folder containing Runtime is different.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

The path is the same from "Runtime" down, just the folder containing Runtime is different.
    I ment the DS Folders. Like Content Library>Daz Formats>My Library>People or what ever I should look in.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Jaderail said:

I ment the DS Folders. Like Content Library>Daz Formats>My Library>People or what ever I should look in.

Is your DS3 Content folder listed in DS4?

edited December 1969

That's the trouble My V4 stuff is in a DS3 content folder and the user I'm helping is using DS4. I do not know the full DS4 path for a default V4 install in DS4.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    That's the trouble My V4 stuff is in a DS3 content folder and the user I'm helping is using DS4. I do not know the full DS4 path for a default V4 install in DS4.

But if it's showing in DS4, just change "Content Library > DAZ Studio Formats > Content" (or whatever your DS3 content folder is called) to "Content Library > DAZ Studio Formats > My Library"

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

You just never do anything the easy way, do you? I'm so glad to see you again. We've worried about you. Now that you know an allergy was involved maybe you can get back on an even keel.

edited December 1969

I need to know where to find V4 in a DS4 only system. I know where my stuff is, I need to know the path to V4 in DS4 with only a DS4 My Library folder. I do not know what folder to tell them to look for. I know it should be in Content Library>Daz Studio Formats> ????

edited June 2012

My V4 (.cr2, .dsb, and .png are
    sitting in F:/Users/AtticAnne/My Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/DAZ People . Windows 7 doesn't want content files in the C:/Program Files. "F" is a My Passport that I use.

Edited to change path.

Post edited by atticanne on
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    My V4 is sitting in F:/Users/AtticAnne/My Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/Libraries/!DAZ. Windows 7 doesn't want content files in the C:/Program Files. "F" is a My Passport that I use.

No, that's the support folder. Jaderail, are they trying to find the figure or the DS mats?

edited December 1969

Thanks for the catch, Mike. I just stopped at the first one I came across. I went back and edited my post, but you were already answering. My V4 files are scattered all over the place.

edited December 1969

June coupons have been issued.

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

Boo!

::screams and hides::

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

Just looked on my account and can't se anything showing.
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

Just looked on my account and can't se anything showing.
    Stupid me! Didn't check my email address (the one I use for Daz is actually my spam-catcher so rarely gets read).

Bought the Genesis Supersuit. Finaly something really exciting for Genesis I think.

Bad news is, I've got a new credit card... uh ohhhhhh! ;)

edited December 1969

That's cos it's not on your account, it;s in a news letter / email, and also a link to the coupon code has been posted in the MO forum

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1934/

along with pretty pictures to show you how to use it.

edited December 1969

I remember deleting some Daz newsletters.
    on my Android email app which I hate as all the bocked stuff comes through too.
    but it is not so risky as you cannot go to links etc in the email
    they will still be on my laptop Windows mail client.

This discussion has been closed.