Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Thank you!  I totally understand, its difficult to divide the small amount of free time that I have into all the things I want to learn.  So I try and map out a bit of this and a bit of that depending on how much time I'm going to have free lol.

Is anyone else having this issue?  I've posted in the DIM thread but am curious if anyone is having an issue. 

Having issues with DIM installing updated products. These keep popping up as ready to download, but once they get to the ready to install page they fail. I already installed the updates so I don't understand why they keep popping up as ready to install.  And they show up every single time I open DIM.  Ever since the update for the bone and scale shaders came through about 3 or 4 days ago.  I also notice that they no longer show in my category structure even though the original files are showing in the Daz Studio Formats, the category structure that I have in place will not show them even though they are clearly linked in the original files.

I have my stuff in my own categories for a reason and if they won't show up in my categories the product is pretty much worthless.  Its far too time consuming to track down product in the default locations. 

I should mention that the last time this happened I was basically forced to load them with Connect to get them to show in my categories file which sincerely pissed me off as I have ZERO desire to use connect.  None at all and I was really unhappy that that is the only way it would work.

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

Is anyone else having this issue?  I've posted in the DIM thread but am curious if anyone is having an issue. 

Having issues with DIM installing updated products. These keep popping up as ready to download, but once they get to the ready to install page they fail. I already installed the updates so I don't understand why they keep popping up as ready to install.  And they show up every single time I open DIM.  Ever since the update for the bone and scale shaders came through about 3 or 4 days ago.  I also notice that they no longer show in my category structure even though the original files are showing in the Daz Studio Formats, the category structure that I have in place will not show them even though they are clearly linked in the original files.

I have my stuff in my own categories for a reason and if they won't show up in my categories the product is pretty much worthless.  Its far too time consuming to track down product in the default locations. 

yea, and with the exact same shaders. I'm also having the LAMH player sitting in my install tab, even though it's already been installed. If I tell it to install again to try and make it go away it disappears or errors out.  

Okay it looks like this is a problem on the product end and not on the DIM side of things.  I will just have to look these up manually if I want to use them until its corrected.

I don't have the LAMH problem but they did confirm that those particular items were causing some kind of problem.  I could always hide them but then I will forget to check and see if its fixed lol.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited March 2017

I'm actually using Connect almost exclusively these days.   The only thing I use DIM for is to download the actual files for backing up purposes.  I don't use it to install anything unless it's a script that can't be installed through Connect as it still has issues with that.  And, even most of those, I end up installing manually.

edit: forgot a word

Post edited by Knittingmommy on

Ya I don't have any desire to move to Connect.  It doesn't separare stuff like Dim does.  Connect just throws all the files together. Too hard ot figure out which mat files are Iray and which are 3Delight if the vendor doesn't mark them clearly.  I like my nice clean organized downloads lol.

edited March 2017

Heading Home.  - Genesis 3 Female Aylis by Darwins Mishaps.  Disciples of Creech Outfit coming soon from Greybro. Anodized Shaders.

I changed up the materials on the Disciples of Creech to give it a Sci Fi feel.  Love the way it turned out, the outfit takes textures very well.

Disciples of Creech Sci Fi.png
    1236 x 2000 - 4M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on

Very cool!

I love that color.  Nice work. :)

Thank you both! 

edited March 2017

Never mind.  Missing a picture file don't mind me

edited March 2017

Disciples of Creech Armour -  Bends and conforms nicely with every pose I have tried even the more extreme ones.  Nothing pokes into anything else.  Plus, it takes shaders extremely well.

The model is Sarah but I don't remember from where.  Its not here.

I also used A Touch of Dirt For Iray so she wouldn't look so clean

JUST A QUICK BREAK.png
    1236 x 1236 - 3M

Okay I have to say that I was pretty impressed with Adobe's chat support.  My photoshop cc quit working with the newest update and I have spent a fair amount of time on trying to get it to work.  It took him almost 45 minutes but it is now up and running as it should be.  So, kudo's the the guy who helped me out.  The longest part of that 45 minutes was loading everything back on the laptop.  So I am reluctantly pleased lol.

I'm glad things are working again and you got great support, sad you had to loose that time to "fixing" software, it can kind of suck the fun out of a day sometimes. 

Loved the armor in your last render BTW you really put it through it's paces with the bends in that pose, and it still looks great! 

Thanks! The armour is great, no stretching in the materials and follows the poses beautifully.  And it quite versatile as far as shaders go as well. It took to the metallic shader beautifully and transformed it into a great sci fi outfit.

I was really a bit surprised that the customer service was as good as it was.  I was really expecting more of a too bad, can't help you attitude which I have gotten from them in the past (not recently, to be fair, its been a couple of years)

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,455

Heading Home.  - Genesis 3 Female Aylis by Darwins Mishaps.  Disciples of Creech Outfit coming soon from Greybro. Anodized Shaders.

I changed up the materials on the Disciples of Creech to give it a Sci Fi feel.  Love the way it turned out, the outfit takes textures very well.

Very cool stuff going on here.

Thanks!  Still playing with it lol. I picked up a character today that I think will look very cool in this. 

edited March 2017

I used Greybro's Disciples of Creech and the new character that came out this week Aran.

Then I had some fun with postwork lol.

1st one is the orginal render with the postworked background

CREECH ARMOUR ARAN POSTWORK stage 3.png
    988 x 790 - 1M
    CREECH ARMOUR ARAN POSTWORK 1.png
    988 x 790 - 1M
    CREECH ARMOUR ARAN POSTWORK 4.png
    988 x 790 - 1M
    CREECH ARMOUR ARAN POSTWORK 5.png
    988 x 790 - 2M
    CREECH ARMOUR ARAN POSTWORK 6.png
    988 x 790 - 1M
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited March 2017

I really like #3 and 5...nice postwork Ice, much better than I can do.... cheeky

Post edited by Szark on
  • TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

I have to agree with Szark.   #3 and #5.  They appear to do the best in highlighting the figure.   Good work, Sonja!

Thank you!  Postwork is much more comfortable for me although I still consider myself a beginner there as well.  I'm still struggling a bit with the new interface in Photoshop CC its very different than my Photoshop Elements interface so I am still spending a fair amount of time just trying to find the tool and settings I want lol.  And the layers don't work quite the same either. 

Yep, 3 and 5 are my favorites with 5 being my favorite.  Nice postwork!

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

Thank you!  Postwork is much more comfortable for me although I still consider myself a beginner there as well.  I'm still struggling a bit with the new interface in Photoshop CC its very different than my Photoshop Elements interface so I am still spending a fair amount of time just trying to find the tool and settings I want lol.  And the layers don't work quite the same either. 

Yeah, but it's so darn powerful......I know I've only scratched the surface with it.

Me too 3 & % they do a great job of lightening things up so you can see the details better. I find that I almost always and lighting things up in post. It looks perfect in Daz, but out of daz it just seems under exposed..... Maybe that's just me though. :D

I started with PS Elements 6 then progressed backward to when CS2 was free so I didn't have much trouble getting in to PS 2017 and Lightroom which is new to me and great for sharpening a render.

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,455

I used Greybro's Disciples of Creech and the new character that came out this week Aran.

Then I had some fun with postwork lol.

1st one is the orginal render with the postworked background

Wow! I love them all!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

I like them all.  If I had to choose, I prefer #4, but I agree that 3 and 5 show the figure very well.

he last one reminds me of the ciggy card I made http://itiseyemeeszark.deviantart.com/art/Barbarian-King-270572452 with the help of a overlay someone made for the beginners contest some years ago

This discussion has been closed.