Childe of Fyre - Freebies

edited May 2012 in Freebies

Hey guys,

I posted a whole lot of individual posts back on the old forum with my freebies and whatnot in them. Given that the old one is archived and new members to the forums here won't likely be able to find the old forum archives, I'm going to just post the general link to the front door of my website so to speak.

Those of ya'll that are familiar with my stuff know that I have things for pretty much a variety of items and figures. For any new folks who might find the forum though, I'm going to stick a couple of pictures in as attachments...

I know I haven't been very visible the last year or so - I've had a lot of nasty stuff going on - just starting to recover from some of that now - and I am prone to dropping from sight and going to ground when things get rough so that I can handle it. I apologize for not speaking up or letting anyone know.

That said - my website is still there, freebies are still up and downloadable as well. The site is still located here : http://www.childeoffyre.com

Post edited by Seliah (Childe of Fyre) on

Comments

• Oom FooyatOom Fooyat Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks! Free M4 textures are not that many and hard to find.
    Oom

• edited December 1969

Hi,

Liung's textures were actually created by Unicornst. The texture in the thumbnail is actually a paid one from Daz. So basically his package is in two parts.

Morphs are under Freebies --> Characters --> LiungM4 (thumbnail will open a new window)
    Textures are under Hosted --> Uniornst --> Liung Textures (thumbnail opens a new window)

I hope that helps!

• Teresa TylloTeresa Tyllo Posts: 141
    edited December 1969

Lovely freebies, Seliah. Thank you so much! :)

• edited June 2016

Gosh, I guess I've sort of neglected this thread for a while - sorry, folks. I've got a bunch of new(ish) stuff that's been added to the website in the last few months. I figured I would just resurrect this thread, rather tha posting a whole bunch of individual threads for everything. Anyway, that said... I shut down my Content Paradise store a few months ago, as I've been transitioning to another place. In looking at what I had over there, a lot of it was much older items for things like the Gen4 figures (V4/M4). A lot of these older items are in the process of being moved into my freebies section now. I've gotten three of them moved, and others will come soon as well.

For the sake of convenience, the item names will be links directly to their own individual download pages. Download links are always located at the BOTTOM of my item pages on my website. If you want to actually get to the main door of my website, you can just go right HERE. My site is coded in frames, and while the individual item pages will get you the downloads you want, you won't be able to navigate around the rest of the site without first going back home. I keep meaning to update the item pages with a home link, but well.. after 10 years, it's a LOT of pages to update.... LOL.

A quick note on the navigation of my website:
    Those who are familiar with it already know this, but for new folks who maybe haven't seen it before - the category links are all located on the left hand side of the page. You click on the category, and then the thumbnails will load into the right frame. Newer items are always added at the BOTTOM of these category pages, so if you're looking to see if I've added something new, just scroll the category page down and you will see that the younger items are located further down. Item pages themselves, when clicked on from the thumbnails, will open in a new window/tab in your browser, so that you don't lose the navigation of the main site. I know I really need to update my site, but I just haven't had the time, and there is a LOT of pages and such to build/update. It's an undertaking that I just haven't had time or energy to do yet. LOL

My standard Usage Rights/Terms of Use are as follows :
    - Commercial renders are perfectly OK.
    - NO redistribution of the original zip file contents. (Your own original texture add-ons are fine, of course, since they're your work.)
    - NO usage allowed in Second Life for ANY reason, or in ANY way.
    - If an item has a different set of Usage Rights associated with it, I'll make a note of it when I post it. Otherwise, you can pretty much assume that the above are what I would expect for any of my items.

So, in the group of things that have been moved into my freebies from the old store content (these are things that I didn't want to completely retire, but just couldn't consider being market quality nowadays for one reason or another) :

1.) Nathaniel for M4
    - Full character package. Skin with multiple options, and INJ/REMs for morphs.
    - Located under CHARACTERS on the LEFT hand side navigation menu.
    - Requires Michael 4 and his Morphs++

2.) COF Village Variety
    - This was the commercial pack of the Village Girl dress textures that I did.
    - Located under CLOTHING on the LEFT hand side navigation menu.
    - Includes 14 dress textures.
    - Note : Some will work better than others inside of Studio. These were made back when I was using Poser 7, so some of them do mix in Poser procedurals, and DazStudio artists will need to manually adjust those parts of the materials.
    - Second Note : I did, way back when, do a smaller freebie pack for this dress also, which contained four different textures. You can find that older freebie HERE.
    - Requires Evil Innocence's "Village Girl" dress. (I've been told the textures work on both the V4 and Cookie versions of the dress.)

And then some of the newly added items...........

1.) Zero Poses for M4, V4, and K4 (Poser Version)
    - Includes 17 full and partial utility reset poses for all three of the Gen4 figures.
    - Poser format; files are .pz2
    - Located in POSES, on the LEFT hand side navigation menu.
    - Requires M4, K4, or V4.

2.) Zero Poses for M4, V4, and K4 (Daz Studio Version)
    - Includes the same 17 full and partial utility/reset poses.
    - Located in POSES, on the LEFT hand side navigation menu.
    - I know Daz Studio has the easy to reach "zero figure" thing in it's interface, but sometimes I just want to rest a single hand, or one leg... so I made these for my own use and I figured I would share them in case others find them helpful.
    - Files will only work in DS 4.x; they are in .DUF format. If you use DS3, just grab the Poser version.
    - Requires M4, K4, or V4

3.) Zero Poses for Hivewire's Dawn, Dusk, and Baby Luna (Poser Version)
    - Includes 14 full and partial utility reset/zero poses for each figure.
    - Located in POSES on the LEFT hand side navigation menu.
    - Files are in Poser .pz2 format.
    - Requires Dawn, Dusk, or Baby Luna.

4.) Zero Poses for Hivewire's Dawn, Dusk, and Baby Luna (Daz Studio Version)
    - Includes the same 14 full and partial utility reset poses.
    - Located in POSES on the LEFT hand side navigation menu.
    - Requires Dawn, Dusk, or Baby Luna.

5.) Christmas Turtleneck for the Genesis Family of Figures (Daz Studio ONLY)
    - Includes 1 conformer turtleneck for Genesis 1, G2F, G2M, G3F, and G3M
    - Includes 7 textures, multiple opacity presets (they affect ONLY the opacity channel), multiple material zones for customization, and 29 adjustment and fitting morphs.
    - I originally made this turtleneck as part of Fantasy Attic's Chrismtas Giveaway this past December. You can find the other Christmas freebies HERE.
    - Located in CLOTHING on the LEFT hand side navigation menu.
    - Files are in .DUF format
    - Requires Daz Studio 4.x, and any one of the Genesis figures.

6.) Christmas Turtleneck for the Hivewire Figures (Daz Studio ONLY)
    - Includes 1 conformer turtleneck for Hivewire's Dusk and Dawn. Conversion from the original Genesis family item.
    - Includes 7 textures, multiple opacity presets (they affect ONLY the opacity channel), multiple material zones for customization, and 29 adjustment and fitting morphs.
    - Located in CLOTHING on the LEFT hand side navigation menu.
    - Files are in .duf format.
    - Requires Daz Studio 4.x, and either Dusk or Dawn.

7.) Hanging File/Mail Holder (Daz Studio and OBJ)
    - Includes one Daz Studio prop, and 1 OBJ, MTL, and UVs
    - Located under PROPS in the LEFT hand side navigation menu.
    - This is a LOW poly prop for background use; it was just practice for me as I keep working on learning how to use Blender.
    - Has multiple colors.
    - Requires Daz Studio 4.x for the DS prop, or any software that can use OBJ files for the .obj mesh.
    - Note for Poser users : The label inverts itself when the prop is brought into Poser, so make sure you select "Flip Normals" in the material room. Also, for some reason, any text I put on the UVmap for the label displays itself backwards in Poser. It does not do ANY of this in Daz Studio, and I have no idea at this juncture on how to fix it.

8.) Tutorial : Saving Pose Presets in DS4
    - This is a tutorial that I originally posted on a forum, and have since converted to PDF format.
    - Located under TUTORIALS on the LEFT hand side navigation menu.
    - Requires DS 4.x, and a figure or pose that you wish to save to the library.
    - Level : Beginner
    - Usage Rights note : I do allow redistribution of my tutorials, provided the content of the tutorial remains unchanged.

9.) Tutorial : Basic Lights in DS4
    - This is another tutorial that I had originally posted on a forum, and have since converted it to PDF format. It covers the basics of working with DS standard/default Infinite and Spot lights.
    - Requires DS 4.x
    - Level : Beginner
    - Usage Rights note : I do allow redistribution of my tutorials, provided the content of the tutorial remains unchanged.

10.) Tutorial : Using the Gen X Plugin for Daz Studio
    - This is a very big tutorial. Comes in two formats : Screenshot JPG's, and a very long .RTF text file. Screenshot version will be faster; rtf text file is a LONG read.
    - Covers the following : CR2 export, Converting from V3/M3 or V4/M4 to Genesis 1, Converting from Genesis 1 to G2F/G2M, Converting from G2F/G2M to Genesis 1, Converting morph dials only.
    - Requires DS, the GenX plugin, and any additional add-on packs for the conversions you wish to do.
    - Level : Beginner, possibly on the lower end of Intermediate.

11.) COF Earthen (Merchant Resource)
    - Includes 6 raw photos, 6 seamless tile versions of the photos, 6 bump maps (for seamless tiles only), and 6 normal maps (for seamless tiles only)
    - YES, these can be used for commercial products, as part of a UV map
    - YES, these can be used for FREE products, as part of a UV map
    - Located under MISC. TEXTURES on the LEFT hand side navigation menu.
    - Requires any image editor that can work with jpgs, pngs, etc.

Whew! Okay, uhm... I think that pretty much catches up with everything I might or might not, have or have not remembered or not remembered to post in here. LOL. Some of these items are newer than others. Sorry, guys. I'll try to stay more up to date with this thread in the future. LOL

The item names will take you straight to the item's own download page. I attached the main item images for a few of these freebies.
    My main website, for those interested in what else I have beyond the things listed here, is located here (just click past the splash image) : 
    http://www.childeoffyre.com

Have fun, folks. :)

VillageMainPromo.jpg
    900 x 900 - 194K
    NathanielPromo2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 145K
    COF-TNeck-PromoMain.jpg
    800 x 800 - 206K
    COF-HangingLetter-MainPromo.jpg
    800 x 800 - 272K
    EarthenMainPromo.jpg
    659 x 620 - 228K
    COF-SavingPoses-MainPromo.jpg
    700 x 700 - 218K
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited June 2016

Wow! Looks like lots of fantastic stuff here and on your website! Thank you so much for all the great freebies! I look forward to downloading them and doing some renders with them! :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • edited June 2016

You're welcome! I have stuff that dates all the way back to Victoria 2 on the site. I've been at this for quite some years, yes. LOL Hope you have fun with them. =)

• edited June 2016

Hi, folks. There's a new update here. I recently picked up Bluebird's After 5 outfit for G3M. I love the clothing, but the 3delight materials that it came with were a bit too shiny for my own personal tastes. So, I made a new set of 3DL materials to use with the item, and figured I would share those settings/presets with everyone in case someone else finds them useful.

NO TEXTURES are in this.
    These are JUST material presets to apply the stock texture maps and my settings, to the clothing for use in 3Delight.

-------------------------------------------

COF 3Delight Materials for the "After 5" Outfit
    - Includes 4 .duf material presets for each piece of the outfit.
    - Located under CLOTHING on the LEFT hand side navmenu.
    - Files are in .duf format.
    - Requires Bluebird 3D's "After 5" outfit for Genesis 3 Male.

Usage Terms :
    Commercial renders are OK.
    No redistribution of the zip file contents in any way, for any reason.
    Sorry, but I do not allow any use of my content in Second Life in any way, for any reason.

Alternate Downloads Locations :
    -- My ShareCG Account
    -- My DeviantArt Account

cof-after5-RENDO-th.jpg
    300 x 350 - 50K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Thank you for sharing your work.

Question: could you tell me more about your promo character? Please? Textures, morphs, hair? Pretty please?

• edited June 2016
    Kerya said:

Question: could you tell me more about your promo character? Please? Textures, morphs, hair? Pretty please?

The promo character in this case? He's one of my own personal characters from my storyline - Seamus Stormwind.

He's built on a Genesis 1 figure, but he uses a lot of Zev0's morphs, some of the Die Trying morphs, quite a few Mike3 and Victoria 3 morphs that I ported over to Genesis via GenX, some of the Genesis ethnicity morphs, the Mike 5 morph, and scattered other morphs as well.

His skin is my own work, built off of a Michael 4 merchant resource. 

The hair in use here is 3DCelebrity's "Kaylum Hair," though again, I've done some editing on the textures and shaders to give it the right look for Seamus.

And obviously the clothing is the Bluebird3D newly released G3M outfit. Yes, I bought it to specifically use on Genesis 1. :) Almost any clothing I buy these days is still for use on Genesis 1.

I might at some point release the skin once I've fleshed it out with other options and such, but if I do, it will have to be a paid item, as the resource I used in this case does not allow for freebies. I would not be releasing these morphs, though... this is a very personal character, and he relies on so many additional 3rd party morph packs, that it would be un-marketable.

Seamus-SkinTest01.png
    800 x 747 - 780K

Thank you!

I see and understand - personal characters are ... personal. He sure looks good!

• Thanks. ^_^

Some of my characters are willing to share themselves with others (Blake, Hannah, Caris, Sophia, just to name a few). But some of them just won't play nice with the other kiddies on the playground. Seamus and his little sister are in that second category. LOL

If you're after a similar styled shape preset, though, I'll see what else I can do on the dials, ok? Not sure exactly when I'll be able to get it done, as I'm in the middle of a couple of commercial projects right now, too. But I'll give it a go and see what I can do with it.

Take your time - you are so generous with sharing anyway! Thank you!

• It's not a problem at all. The morph would probably end up being done on Genesis 1. Is that a problem, or would you rather have it on a newer figure? I say this, because from what I've been able to do, to date Genesis 1 is still the most versatile for morphing. G2's and G3's have HUGE glaring gaps in what their morphs can do when it comes to doing my own characters, and that's a big part of why I still mainly use G1.

You could probably just Gen-X him over to the G2's or G3's if you wanted him on one of those, I suppose. But I'd most likely end up doing the actual shape preset on G1.

I like all of my dolls. :o)

• Kerya said:

I like all of my dolls. :o)

LOL - Duly noted. :) Alrighty then. It will be a little while, but I'll give it a whirl and see what I can put together for you once some of my commercial projects have calmed down. ^_^

• edited March 2017

This is a migrated package item. I used to sell it over on Content Paradise. I closed that store down some time ago when I switched marketplaces, and I've been slowly migrating some of that content into my freebies. Mostly the things I migrate over are items that I don't feel represent my current quality levels well enough to continue to sell, but are still good enough that they might be useful to people in other ways. I just don't want them in my storefront, and I don't want to completely retire them, either.

Anyway - this is a set of textures done for the old Uzilite M401 clothing that was made for Michael 4 many years back. It was originally uploaded to Content Paradise back in 2011 as a sale item, and the base clothing was already a couple of years old by that point. So this gives you an idea of the age. Some of the textures are definitely showing their age, some of them are putting my inexperience with texturing (back at that time) on very painful display. LOL But overall, I thought some people might be able to get use out of these somewhere, even if just for background filler in larger sccenes. I think Michael 4 is still used by Poser artists, anyway.

Included Files :
    10 Button Shirt Textures
    10 V-Neck Sweater Textures
    10 Shoes Textures
    10 Ties Textures
    10 Slacks Textures
    1 Shirt Transparency Map (Not pictured - makes the button shirt into a short-sleeved shirt.)
    1 V-Neck Sweater Transparency Map (Not pictured - makes the V-Neck into a sleeveless vest/sweater.)

1 Good laugh at just how horrible my texture skills were back in 2011... ;)

Required Files :
    Uzilite's M401 package (Daz3D)
    Michael 4 to wear the base clothing.

File Size :
    22 mbs

File Format :
    Poser MAT pose files (.png, .pz2, .jpg)
    Daz Studio users should expect to have to adjust materials in the Surface tab by hand.

Usage Rights :
    Commercial renders are OK.
    You may NOT redistribute the included files in any way.
    No, my items may NOT be used in Second Life in any way, or for ANY reason. Sorry.

--------------------------

The files can be downloaded in any of these three places :

Website (download link is in text at the very bottom of the page) :
    http://www.childeoffyre.com/cof-emc.html

ShareCG :
    https://www.sharecg.com/v/87761/gallery/11/Poser/COF-Every-Mans-Closet-for-M401

DeviantArt :
    http://childe-of-fyre.deviantart.com/art/COF-Every-Man-s-Closet-Poser-671986474?ga_submit_new=10:1490921461&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1&ga_recent=1