mcjDespeckle - PCWin app Remove fireflies in iRay - New! Daz Studio Frontend

2»

Comments

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

thank you

will try those

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,586

Very nice tool. Thank you. I would also suggest just rendering the image huge and then downsize in photoshop. This seems to work for me when I encounter this problem.

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,601
    edited July 2016

UPDATE ( for animations ) UPDATE

This concerns only the "Front-End" for Daz Studio,  you don't need to update the mcjDespeckle.exe PCWin app

The de-speckling of image sequences was not working when using the "Same as the input with 'Out' suffix" option

now it works and was used for this 54-frames animation

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts7/mcjdespecklefrontend

inout.jpg
    800 x 900 - 159K
    Post edited by mCasual on
  • legarclegarc Posts: 45

Works great!  Care to offer a high level summary of how above gif animation was done?  Autolimb, other? thanks

edited March 2017
    legarc said:

legarc said:

Works great!  Care to offer a high level summary of how above gif animation was done?  Autolimb, other? thanks

thanks, for dance animations i often use mcjCycleFilter, it animates a given transform according to cyclical waveforms

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/mcjcyclefilter

for example, if i take the X Translate parameter of her hips, and apply a sinewave with minimum = -10 and maximum = +10

then her hip will move sideways smoothly. It i then take the Z Translate parameter of her hips, and apply a cosine with minimum = -5 and maximum = +5

then her hip will now follow a circular/eliptical trajectory. You can also use mcjCycleFilter to make her hip move up and down.

If you use the 'frequency feature of mcjCycle filter and if you play with the playrange, then you can make it so that

the up/down cycle lasts 3 hip-circle cycles

the Hands on the hips use mcjAutolimb2015 and mcjHoldOn

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/66717/mcjautolimb2015-a-kind-of-ik-system-now-genesis-3-compatible

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts2/mcjholdo

the target-position for the hands are parented to her hips, so the hands stay still relative to the hips

the feet are also using mcjAutolimb2015 

if you tilt and sway the hips ( rotate ) then the torso by default sways in unnatural ways

using mcjKeepOrient on the abdomen node, you can get her torso to remain vertical

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/mcjkeeporient

the other main tools i use in animations are - mcjMakeTarget, mcjParent, mcjLookAtTheCamera and mcjStareAtTheCamera

a more recent and maybe more difficult to figure script mcjpropagate lets you propagate a movement across many joints

so you could have the abdomen twisting like the hips, but with a 1/4 cycle delay, then the neck 1/4 cycle later, then the head

this can add life to animations 

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts7/mcjpropagate

• legarclegarc Posts: 45

Thanks I'll be looking into those tools more closely, but getting back to the despeckle.  The luminance filter is also handy for reducing/eliminating the flies real time, however you have to turn off Tonemapping or you'll render everything black if luminance is set to anything but zero but it does work.  A setting of 0.01 to 0.02 for luminance setting works nicely without taking away too much from specularity where you want it, lips so forth.  Without tone mapping on though, all your light sources have to get turned way down or it overexposes, and when you get the light right, the image in the view port is de-gamma'ed so you have to get used to that which is a lousy way to work.  By this time, I make use of the Canvas feature and use light groups I create to adjust lighting intensity in post since that becomes hard to do with degamma'ed image in the viewport.  It becomes an involved workflow to say the least just to address the fire flies and looking toyour program to cut through all that, so far so good, many thanks.  Do you suppose though that you could look into what it takes to implement sRGB or a 2.2 gamma correction to the viewport with tone mapping off?  Appreciate your inputs.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,771

How did I miss this; this is great!  Thanx!! laugh

• His scripts are awesome big thanks. Just a quickie question.

How to use mcjDespeckle.exe for more than one file? should be possible but don't get it. Stupid me ;) I have 2000 pics in my animation...lol

i know it's an old post bet ... large version of my avatar 

N_R Arts said:

Now that's impressive! To be honest, the whole "firefly" thing put me off rendering in Iray, but this is brilliant. Thank you for sharing (P.S. I love your avatar). 

edited January 2019

the filenames must all have a number ( which is usually the way daz studio names the filenames )

you select the first one of the series

( i forgot if the script also allows selecting anyone of the series )

then .... see image below

Actually the renaming of the output files is even better than i thought! the files remain numbered in a way that programs like virtualdub likes them

His scripts are awesome big thanks. Just a quickie question.

How to use mcjDespeckle.exe for more than one file? should be possible but don't get it. Stupid me ;) I have 2000 pics in my animation...lol

dspk.jpg
    1258 x 578 - 221K
    dspk2.jpg
    886 x 642 - 249K
  • thank you

• ParadigmParadigm Posts: 421

How does this compare with photoshop's despeckle / dust and scratches?
    I find running images through those and then manually squashing individual bits is pretty effective