HELP! I found GRAY HAIR!!! *WINNERS Announced!*

13»

Comments

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Grey hairs ain't so bad. It gives you something to do during the winter months. Like play 'Spot the coloured hair!' "D

• kmw_5213kmw_5213 Posts: 74
    edited January 2013

RAMWolff said:
    Sweet render!

Thank you. :)

Post edited by kmw_5213 on
  • JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited December 1969

NO!!!

The worst has happened!
    I'm only a 31 year old mom..... and today I found THREE GRAY HAIRS.

THREE, I tell you! THREE!

(Oh the horror...the horror! It was horrible...... (clipped)

*smiling* Aww... you poor dear!! {{{hugs}}} lol... just imagine your future horror when other places start getting grey...lol....
    Cute contest idea, too! Good Luck to the participants!! :)

edited December 1969

Well, if it isn't the J-Skunk. How you doing?

kmw

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited December 1969

kmw_ said:

kmw

hiya kmw!!! I'm still breathing in and out...lol How are you? :)

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 1969

aaaaaaarg once again I stop getting notifications of thread replies!

I'm extending this a couple days due to my negligence and also due to the fact that my Credit card is momentarily frozen while I deal with dispute charges someone else put on my card. :( Fear not, I will be giving prizes as soon as this problem is solved. :D

So in the meantime, more chances for you!! ^^ Remember to say if you use DS or Poser, and if you already have have LAMH.

Also note that as this is a contest and a contest, having an award, makes it a commercial use, and that means no beta testing products are allowed (that should be noted anyway, that beta testing anything shouldn't be used commercially, but thought I'd make sure it was understood since I was asked). Freebies are fine as long as they are allowed for commercial use...

And yes, i found another gray hair.... I seriously blame the credit card theft. That would make anyone go gray on New Year's!!!!!

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

I use Cowrarra, which can use poser files - so put me in the "Poser user without the hair toy" category.

Here's a couple more renders - again, 2 versions of the same starting image...

nove.png
    600 x 600 - 509K
    a000.png
    600 x 337 - 245K
    edited December 1969

kmw_ said:

kmw

hiya kmw!!! I'm still breathing in and out...lol How are you? :)

I won't waste your time with the complaints. ;)

But I guess things are well. Busy as all get out tho.

Hope you (and everyone else) had a great holiday, J.

kmw

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited January 2013

I must be an old man since I'm one year your senior, belovedalia...not to mention the fact that I'm the father of three, which I think will age anyone ahead of their time. My head hair is thankfully still doing fine (though faded somewhat from the brighter red hue of my youth), but I have noticed some suspicious-colored facial hairs...

Anyway, I rendered this one using the new plug-in for realistic hairlessness..."Look At My Baldi!" ;-) Hope you enjoy.

(If anyone is curious, it's Doyle for M5, the fibermesh beard and eyebrows are from Neanderthal for Genesis, the outfit is GIS with Dark Warriors, and the set is The Loading Dock)

baldi1c.jpg
    618 x 800 - 320K
    Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I don't even get a grey phase. It goes from light red, to brownish, to cider colour and then pure white - at least that's what happened to my aunt who had the same colour. I've so far reached 55 and still in the brownish stage. I wash it in camomile to stop it getting too dark but miss the "real" colour I used to have. The cider colour comes in at about 70 or so. I'm not sure if this is just my family - a weird gene somewhere maybe.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

So what ever happened to this contest? Who won? Or did you forget all about it???? I thought it ended on January 1.

edited December 1969

barbult, the contest got extended.... i did get copies of the prizes, unfortunately i had a problem with the gift certificate and am waiting to hear back from daz support...... but no I did not forget! Just technical difficulties :P

perhaps i should announce winners first and deal with prizes later???

edited December 1969

Thanks for the update. I did hear that GCs were missing at DAZ again. I don't know if they fixed it or not.

edited December 1969

its probably because my GC order found an issue with them and they're probably trying to fix it now. >_<;;;; </p>

Oh the never ending joys of the Daz store....

at any rate I need to get another GC I think.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Gift certs are now fixed btw

edited December 1969

barbult, the contest got extended.... i did get copies of the prizes, unfortunately i had a problem with the gift certificate and am waiting to hear back from daz support...... but no I did not forget! Just technical difficulties :P

perhaps i should announce winners first and deal with prizes later???

It's been almost another month. I'm still curious to see the winning renders. One can always learn something from looking at what others judge to be winners.
    edited December 1969

Winners have been posted!

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

randym77 said:
    Poser dynamic hair. I don't use DS. Yet, anyway.

"I'm Rapitzel. Rapunzel's the next tower over."

Armpit hair? :bug:

Now that is a, ahem, different take..... :lol:

edited December 1969

randym77 said:

*spits coffee*

You know, I'm going to show how utterly stupid i can be ... but i TOTALLY MISSED that. I've been through this thread like 10 times, and i totally MISSED THE JOKE. I just thought the hair was a pony tail that went behind her...... Oh my gosh that is truly hilarious!

My day is made. :D

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to kmw_ and Scott-Livingston, and also to Sockratease and Eximorph.

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to the winners! :) Well done!

But a huge thanks also to all the folks that have participated and shared lot of awesome images!

edited December 1969

randym77 said:

*spits coffee*

You know, I'm going to show how utterly stupid i can be ... but i TOTALLY MISSED that. I've been through this thread like 10 times, and i totally MISSED THE JOKE. I just thought the hair was a pony tail that went behind her...... Oh my gosh that is truly hilarious!

My day is made. :D

Hope the coffee missed the screen and keyboard. <*smirks*> :lol:

edited December 1969

Apologies to people waiting on the Gift certs, apparently they are STILL glitchy. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I'm trying, seriously!!! I don't know whats up with the gift certificates :(

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

What problem are you having with gift certs. Nothing has been mentioned recently. THe only restriction with gift certs is that you can't buy a gift cert with store credit.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    What problem are you having with gift certs. Nothing has been mentioned recently. THe only restriction with gift certs is that you can't buy a gift cert with store credit.

Sorry but the certificates were definitely not fixed >_< I have the same problem with them as I did before. Sending you a PM.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited March 2013

No GCs are still having problems. It took several days and numerous back and forth emails with Britney to get problems resolved, and from now on, at least until they figure out what the glitch(es) is(are) and get them fixed, I'll have to use another method for awarding GCs to winners in the monthly render contests at the Dreamlight Club.

Oh, btw belovedalia, you're not the only one that missed that "underarm" hair render. I totally didn't notice that either. ~ROFLMAO~

Post edited by Miss B on
    edited December 1969

You should be proud of yourself, Miss B, for not having such a dirty mind as I do... :lol:

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

Well, Thankies for the GC! Sorry it's giving you trouble just to award something though. No hurry here - whenever it gets sorted out is sooner than I'd have any money to spend here regardless! (The current economy is not being kind)

And congrats to the other winners :)

Glad you got the laughs you wanted. Did we put any grey hairs into remission?

edited March 2013

Sockratease think i got it worked out with Richard and Chohole's help, so check your private messages, you should get one in a few minutes... if the code doesn't work let me know and I'll send a different one!

and I totally understand the economic issues....
    I daresay I won't be buying much in March Madness. While there are things I like so far, none of them were "need to have." I was surprised to say taht about Aiko 5 but her roll out and bundles left me underwhelmed.

I think I have MORE gray hair now... but don't make me laugh anymore... not right now anyway... I have bronchial pneumonia again and laughing makes me cough and if I cough it seems like I never stop coughing again! >_<;</p>

Anyway all Prizes should have been sent out! If there are any issues please PM me.

Thanks again everyone :D

Post edited by DisparateDreamer on