Create a frayed edge?

rbel_295e7c1d4crbel_295e7c1d4c Posts: 99
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Is it possible to create a frayed edge to clothing for genesis modeled in hexagon?

Comments

• Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

To save polycount I think it would be better to use an alpha map like eyelashes are done.

• rbel_295e7c1d4crbel_295e7c1d4c Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

Thank you. I have searched the hexagon forum archive but cannot find anything relating to creating alpha maps for lashes - do you know of a tutorial which covers this?

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

Thank you. I have searched the hexagon forum archive but cannot find anything relating to creating alpha maps for lashes - do you know of a tutorial which covers this?
    That's because you don't create the alpha map in Hexagon. You use Photoshop to create the map using the base UV map template, just as you would to create a texture map.
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited June 2012

That's because you don't create the alpha map in Hexagon. You use Photoshop to create the map using the base UV map template, just as you would to create a texture map.
    Or you can use GIMP to make the transmap -- free, open-source, well-documented, well-supported, and also comes in a portable version that can be run off of a USB jump drive. :coolsmile:

There's supposed to be a Make Your Own Eyelashes tutorial in the documentation (it's for V3, anybody know anything more current?), but right now I can't even get Google's cached copy to come up. Here's the link anyway: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/tutorials/textures/misc-text32
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • rbel_295e7c1d4crbel_295e7c1d4c Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

Many thanks for the responses. I will try the transmap process tomorrow.