Carrara Challenge #31 Music For My Eyes Voting Thread

13»

Comments

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

And the Results are as follows:

1st place overall 12 UnifiedBrain It Ain't Over Till The Fat Lady SWINGS!

Second place is 6 wgdjohn Mystic Music Land

Third place is  6 Alberto Pythagoras of Samos

and last but not least is Honourable Mention  goes to 9 Vyusur Tango Sounds.

It was a really close round and I had to have my wife as the tie breaker for HM.

Winners check you PM's

Really well done by all.

UnifiedBrain if you would like to organize the next contest just let me know if for some reason you are un able to then we can find someone to do it for you.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

Great stuff! Congrats everyone who entered and  those who placed !

The quality of the work is getting better and better.

Great to see some new names in the prize winner list as well ;)

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Congratulations to UB, wgdjohn, Alberto, and Vyusur.  This challenge turned out to be one of my personal favorites.  A lot of great work, and very desrving results.  Very inspirational theme, Chickenman.  Thank you, Daz, for the continued support. 

Two thumbs up.

yesyes

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

+1  yesyes

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Congratulations guys, (and girls) great job!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,800

Well done challengers.... great job by all.. great theme yes

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Congratulations to all winners! The theme of this particular challenge was especially interesting for me.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited March 2017

Congratulations to the winners, but all the entries were so good (and so different!). Sorry I couldn't find the time to participate this time (despite loving the theme!) - may be next time.

Post edited by PhilW on
  • wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited March 2017

As Crazy John stumbles up to the podium and takes a moment to catch his breath... "I'd like to thank the Carraracademy and the kind folks who gave me some votes. It's been an honor and pleasure to work with such talented modelers and artists whom I look up to.  Oh... and thanks most of all to my wife Carrara who made this all possible."  [mass confusion on stage]  "What???surprise.... UnifiedBrain won 1st place... this mixup would have never happened if Jimmy Kimmel had hosted." blush

Congrats to all who won... 'cept that WGD person... you all deserved to win.  As usuall all the entries are winners to me.

Great theme chickenman thanks very much for hosting.

Post edited by wgdjohn on

Yes UnifiedBrain you managed to dupe us all into thinking that you did not know what you are doing but in the end you did manage to pull it off.

Again congrats to all.

Oooops...  A big thanks to DAZ for sponsoring the Carrara Challenges!

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

Well done all!!!  yes Silene

Placeholder

zip
    zip
    ZipChallengeMusicCount.zip

Diomede, I finally downloaded OpenOffice in order to read the Music Count...  that was a mistake... I need a roadmap to understand it.  It was a bit confusing to see PhilW listed since he had no entry. :)

I don't understand that either!

edited March 2017

There is a mistake, but it is not PhilW.  The top of the spreadsheet has the entries by number at the top of the columns.  The voters by name at the beginning of the rows.  PhilW voted for numbers 1, 4, and 7, therfore, there is a 1 in the cells corresponding to row PhilW and each of those columns.  The mistake in that spreadsheet is that I missed Bunyip's votes because there was a big separation and he voted last. 

The second table has the artists listed at the beginning of each row and then the cell sums multple entry number totals.  If Bunyip had been included accurately, it would show three artists totaling 9 votes.  So, there was a three-way tie.  The tie was broken and UB won.  That is correct.  UB won.  yes​  I mistakenly thought Vyusur had won because the spreasheet did not include Bunyip's votes.  Sorry for the confusion.  All is well.

Post edited by Diomede on
    edited March 2017

Diomede,  Thanks for explaining... now I can properly read the road map, or rather spread sheet.

Post edited by wgdjohn on
    edited March 2017

Posted a render to Lola's music and poetry thread in the art studio forum.  Re-posting here so that my last contribution to this thread is not being a dumb$h1t.  blush

inspirational song

Baseball Lola.jpg
    800 x 600 - 86K
    Post edited by Diomede on

Email has been sent to DAZ, Sorry it took so long.

I ended up having family thing that came up unexpectedly.

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited April 2017

Thanks Chickenman for running the Challenge yet again, and to Daz for sponsoring it (yet again).  Amazing renders in there, and congratulations to all.

Thanks also for loosening the constraints for this one, to encourage new participants and get more entries.  It certainly worked for me.  My Carrara skills are so limited that I never expected to be entering a Challenge for several more months.  And I'm not even trying to be modest.  In prep for hosting the next Challenge (God help us all) I looked over many of the previous Challenge threads, and was stunned at the skills demonstrated.  Mind-blowIng stuff.  In fact, had I looked over those threads earlier, I might never have entered this one.

Oh well, the damage is done, and time to move forward.smiley  The theme of the next challenge (#32) will be announced soon.  I'm still pondering entry rules and particular constraints.  Metaballs maybe?  (sorry, that seems to be the running joke in Challenge threads)

But NPR will be in there somewhere.  Good thread about NPR going on right now...

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on

@UnifiedBrain , you can hardly know less than I do lol.  I join these because they are the fastest way to learn and while mine are far from being even close to what others are doing I've learned a ton in the last two challenges I've joined.  Looking forward to seeing what this months challenge is going to be.

Hey Sonja,

I think that we have different learning styles.  I do better when people aren't looking over my shoulder during the creative process.  I'm probably in the minority.

BTW - your last render was very cool, and was totally in line with the ideals of a traditional Carrara Challenge, as you used Carrara-unique skills.

I have modeling envy.smiley

@UnifiedBrain , you can hardly know less than I do lol.  I join these because they are the fastest way to learn and while mine are far from being even close to what others are doing I've learned a ton in the last two challenges I've joined.  Looking forward to seeing what this months challenge is going to be.

You appear to me to be building up your skills very well and very quickly.  You shouldn't be so modest!

Hey Sonja,

I think that we have different learning styles.  I do better when people aren't looking over my shoulder during the creative process.  I'm probably in the minority.

BTW - your last render was very cool, and was totally in line with the ideals of a traditional Carrara Challenge, as you used Carrara-unique skills.

Aw thank you!  I honestly have found, because the people here are so nice and so encouraging, it doesn't bother me as much as it might somewhere else lol.  I find the feedback to be invaluable as everyone is genuinley happy to see you improve.

PhilW said:

You appear to me to be building up your skills very well and very quickly.  You shouldn't be so modest!

Thank you!  You made my day!  I tend to be very hard on myself, mostly because I want to know how to do it and do it well, right now lol. I do know that's not possible though so I am trying to loosen up a bit and remind myself that just like everything else, it takes practice to get there.  And of course, part of the frustration is that there are simply not enough hours in the day to do it all.  I'm equally sure we all struggle with that one though.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

whats the next theme? smiley

Soon, I promise. :)

Sonja,   Just over a year ago I knew practically nothing... it had been a long time since I did a few basic things in Carrara and a few basic+ things which I'd mostly forgotten. What I had learned learned before were with no help from others advice... only experience in Imagine 3D which I hadn't begun to master... so it was just me and the Carrara manual before.  Once I started watching/buying videos and YouTube tutorials then reading a lot in the Carrara forums I've learned quite a bit from all these much wiser than I folks. 

Your last render I gave an HM to showed a huge improvement over you first. You are a Star on the Rise and everyone should be paying attention to your work in Carrara.  Your learning is in leaps and bounds much quicker than mine.

Hey Sonja,

UB,  While I have nobody litterally looking over my shoulder... I have no problem posting an idea or something in the Carrara Challenge no matter how poorly I think it's done... I'm very critical of my work in progress and my final work... even after I'd posted an entry I continued trying to improve it, with no luck before voting time.  I'll even start out with one idea and end up entering something ele.