Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 3

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2013

chohole said:

There was a message behind this one when I first did it.

I'm going to guess that it was a message to your mate to pick up his dirty socks? Right? :)

ROFL

Close though, actually I was on a "saving the environment" trip at the time. Was a message as to how modern life is spoiling our beautiful countryside, but I guess yours is a similar way of saving the environment.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

For Scott, I was thinking I might try a novice tutorial. It's kinda tricky knowing what to explain in a tutorial like this, and I apologise if I've missed the level you were looking for. Anyway please feel free give it a go and let us know how you go on.

Bryce 20 minute beginners project - simple landscape - a tutorial by David Brinnen

Beautiful render Joe - Orbital - whichever you prefer? But I'm not alone in Bryce knowledge, we are fortunate here to have access to Dan Whiteside, Horo, Dave Savage, Graham Dresch and occasionally Rashad Carter, Kine_magiK (Peter) and Oroborus who really does seem to have all the answers as far as Bryce animation is concerned - and about which I know nothing. So there are brains aplenty to be picked.

And if it is knowledge you are after, look here http://www.bryce-tutorials.info/

And some recent video's from Horo and myself http://www.youtube.com/user/davidbrinnen/videos?view=0&flow=grid covering topics from the basic to the fantastically obscure.

This, by the way, is the simple landscape - from the tutorial above (thought I'd better add that since this is the "show us your render thread" and not the waffle on for ages about vaguely related things thread.

Basic_landscape.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 247K
  • orbitalorbital Posts: 120
    edited December 1969

Yeh I know Dan, and Rashad as they pop into Rendo a fair bit. You can always learn something in Bryce!
    I can't remember registering as Joe "orbital" Vinton, I thought it was just orbital, must have changed and they took it from that old cloud city tut I did yonks ago. for some reason.

edited January 2013

Joe said:
    Yeh I know Dan, and Rashad as they pop into Rendo a fair bit. You can always learn something in Bryce!
    I can't remember registering as Joe "orbital" Vinton, I thought it was just orbital, must have changed and they took it from that old cloud city tut I did yonks ago. for some reason.

Some names did revert to real old ones. You can't change the Forum name yourself, but if you send a PM to RIchard Haseltine, he can change it for you. He will need the email address you use to log in with as well, I think.

Edited to add, did you know that your old Cloud City tut is still available from the DAZ 3D Store, and some of our New USers have actually used it, even now.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Joe said:

Some names did revert to real old ones. You can't change the Forum name yourself, but if you send a PM to RIchard Haseltine, he can change it for you. He will need the email address you use to log in with as well, I think.
    Thanks, I'll ask.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited January 2013

Thanks, David (and thanks, everyone, for your comments). I'm having a lot of fun with Bryce and you can expect to see much more from me in the future. I'll take a look at your tutorial...I had just seen this one prior to making my scene, but so far I've only absorbed a fraction of the information in it!

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited January 2013

Thanks, David (and thanks, everyone, for your comments). I'm having a lot of fun with Bryce and you can expect to see much more from me in the future. I'll take a look at your tutorial...I had just seen this one prior to making my scene, but so far I've only absorbed a fraction of the information in it!

Scott standby for next months New User Contest. I am fronting the next one, just a wee bit of a hint :coolsmirk: sssshhhhhh, I didn't say that.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the heads up, Pam... (I edited my comment that you replied to, as it turns out David's new tutorial wasn't the one I had seen after all!)

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@David: Didn't notice the crow when that image rendered, but do see it now. Did you notice the squid in that Image, near the top? Thanks for the two recent tutorials, great as always.

Here's a couple of other inkblots, one with the autumn fire material and one with default material. The autumn fire was edited to get the final look, which if you look closely, sort of looks like the muzzle and jowls of a dog. Either that, or someone has just pulled a good prank and is happy as a clam at their success. And the default material image looks like a person lying down, the viewer standing at their head.

Upside_Man_1.png
    885 x 885 - 1M
    Autumn_Fire_3_Dog_Face.png
    885 x 885 - 2M
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Miss B, Rorschach was recently the topic of a Radio 4 program (I don't have a TV and even if I did I wouldn't watch it), I like radio, the pictures are better - as they say - anyway what I didn't know was that Rorschach didn't just pick a random selection of blots but hand painted each one, with deliberate symmetry - because we tuned to symmetry due to looking at faces. But there is no question of right or wrong, the tests are designed to elicit a response that reveals something about the internal landscape of your mind. There is nothing inherent in the random, like clouds, you see what your brain wants you to see.

Oh, I never realized he hand painted them himself. It's funny how our minds are focused on finding the symmetry in our lives, though I remember reading somewhere (don't ask me where or when as I don't recall), that our faces aren't quite symmetrical, it's just how we perceive them to be.
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited January 2013

chohole said:
    Joe said:

did you know that your old Cloud City tut is still available from the DAZ 3D Store, and some of our New USers have actually used it, even now.
    WOW, I totally forgot about Cloud City. Now that brings back memories. I think I'll have to dig that one off the external hard drive and check it out now that I've got Bryce installed again.

Edited to Add: Then there's the Smoke and Mirrors and Great Hall Masters Series too. Hmmmm, I think I have my work cut out for me. ;-)

Post edited by Miss B on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited January 2013

Orbital...super image...look forward to more in the future - such works put pressure on most of us noobs to do better...not a bad thing, in my opinion.

Guss...very crisp 'blots...wonder what Rorschach (no, not the guy from Watchmen...ha ha) would think of our modern-day works?

Electro-Elvis...the effects in those clouds are like brush strokes - very unique. If you can figure out how they are occurring in Bryce, I can see the technique being applicable to paint-like renders/works.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 842
    edited December 1969

@Orbital Thank you very much. My view from above is far away from your outstanding space scene. I especially but not only love the nebulas in the background.

@Jamahoney: Thank you very much for your comment. Making a Bryce scene that looks like painted, would be interesting. I am keeping this idea in mind.

@David: Cool island tutorial. Even for a someone who has just left the state of a beginner. I still learn always something new.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited December 1969

@Electro-Elvis - if these are volumetric clouds, move up the quality and let it render over the night ... good idea, we don't see many renders from this height.

@Scott-Livingston - welcome to Bryce. I hope you'll have fun with it. As the saying goes - In Bryce even the sky is not the limit. Don't forget that waster is transparent.

@orbital - oh, you are the author of those tutorials. Very good to have you back at the Bryce community. That image looks very nice. Bryce 7.1 uses a bit more memory than 5 did. That may be the reason of the stability issue.

@all - great inkblots all around.

@David - I agree with electro-elvis: that beginners tutorial is very well done, easy to watch, just the right amount of information without overloading a beginner and a pleasing result nevertheless.

edited December 1969

Hmm maybe Horo. I was put off first time I used it when I clicked to create one sphere and it crashed.

edited January 2013
    lvl_2_m_cube4.jpg
    1133 x 850 - 650K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    chohole said:

I'm going to guess that it was a message to your mate to pick up his dirty socks? Right? :)

ROFL

Close though, actually I was on a "saving the environment" trip at the time. Was a message as to how modern life is spoiling our beautiful countryside, but I guess yours is a similar way of saving the environment.

Well a smaller more immediate environment anyway. :)

edited January 2013

orbital said:

You do realize that makes you a master then since it's considered part of the Masters Series of Bryce Tutorials? If anyone reading this thread is interested in giving it a go it is currently available in the Daz store for the same extremely affordable price as Bryce 7 Pro of $0.00 and can be found here http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-masters-series-cloud-city

@orbital - oh, you are the author of those tutorials. Very good to have you back at the Bryce community. That image looks very nice. Bryce 7.1 uses a bit more memory than 5 did. That may be the reason of the stability issue.

Oh did you do all four of those Master Series Tutorials Joe? If so I want to commend you on how well you explained booleans in the one called The Great Hall. It was probably that tutorial and you making someone who only knew of boolean logic understand boolean modeling that caused me to become a Bryce fan for life.

Post edited by LordHardDriven on
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    chohole said:
    Joe said:

did you know that your old Cloud City tut is still available from the DAZ 3D Store, and some of our New USers have actually used it, even now.

WOW, I totally forgot about Cloud City. Now that brings back memories. I think I'll have to dig that one off the external hard drive and check it out now that I've got Bryce installed again.

Edited to Add: Then there's the Smoke and Mirrors and Great Hall Masters Series too. Hmmmm, I think I have my work cut out for me. ;-)

And to round out the master series don't forget Bryce Masters Series: The Block http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-masters-series-the-block

edited January 2013

orbital said:

You do realize that makes you a master then since it's considered part of the Masters Series of Bryce Tutorials? If anyone reading this thread is interested in giving it a go it is currently available in the Daz store for the same extremely affordable price as Bryce 7 Pro of $0.00 and can be found here http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-masters-series-cloud-city

Oh did you do all four of those Master Series Tutorials Joe? If so I want to commend you on how well you explained booleans in the one called The Great Hall. It was probably that tutorial and you making someone who only knew of boolean logic understand boolean modeling that caused me to become a Bryce fan for life.
    No that was Rudolf Herczog aka Rochr. Onetime Bryce legend and now just all round legend.
    Check out his site www.rochr.com. If you look at his 3d renders about half were done with Bryce before he moved on to Cinema 4d.
    I was responsible for cloud city only, I think Rochr also did downtown, whilst the forest scene was by Hamfast, who is sadly no longer with us.

Post edited by orbital on
  • cjreynoldscjreynolds Posts: 155
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I have been striving to produce an image in my normal sort of style, but losing Daivd's dreaded pastels. Trouble is I don't like the trees now. I think I need to import some nice trees.

Great render! I like images that make a statement or tell a story.

edited January 2013
    T4.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 849K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited December 1969

orbital said:

You only have to look at some of Orbital's renders to see that he is a Bryce master. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15393/

A very welcome visitor from Renderosity indeed. I do hope he stays around.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited December 1969

orbital said:
    ... whilst the forest scene was by Hamfast, who is sadly no longer with us.

Hamfast = David Wiles - what happened to him?
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    orbital said:

He posted in another thread recently: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/11534/P300/#222310

As a big Tolkien fan, I'm interested in his Smoke and Mirrors tutorial...I have a long ways to go yet with the various free tutorials, but at some point in the future I'll probably take a look at picking up that product and/or the Mentoring DVD.

There's a broken link in the features list of Smoke and Mirrors, though...might anyone have that "List of Included and Required or Recommended Items?"

edited December 1969

Ugh, that is probably lost on the old Artzone site.

edited January 2013

Horo said:
    orbital said:

Sorry I'm getting crossed wires about that nothing happened to him I'm mixing names up. It was Harrison2 that I was thinking of.
    Post edited by orbital on
    edited December 1969

Still mucking around with the Sierpinski triangle things...

You'll need to view full size to stand a chance of seeing the detail. Both rendered with TA scatter corrected boost light and powerful TA optimised radial light sources provide the circular effects.

T7.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 2M
    T6.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 1M
    edited December 1969

David, I love it.

edited December 1969

Thank you Joe - well, Orbital... did you get your name changed? I do hope you can get Bryce 7.1 pro up and running, since I gathered it was somewhat unstable? Has Horo been able to offer any advice? Since I know he as run Bryce on many systems across his networks.

This discussion has been closed.