2 I Apply the Morph Pose ...
    3 I parameter Clone settings, I click Clone
    4 morph only applies to the first Genesis

therefore, it does not work

STCDS4PRO1.jpg
    806 x 919 - 86K
  • BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Try adding more than one pose. This step is designed for multiple poses, morphs and textures. I can't say for sure; but I think you need as many poses; morphs etc. as there are clones. I haven't really used this option yet because my computer may not be able to handle the load.

• FIGEACFIGEAC Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

Je viens d'essayer avec plusieurs poses, c'est pareil, ne clone que le 1er Genesis

I just tried with several poses, it is similar, clone only the first Genesis

STCDS4PRO2.jpg
    694 x 900 - 72K
    edited December 1969

Do you have more than 1 Genesis figure loaded?

edited December 1969

Hello
    oui, je charge Genesis > onglet Load figure/Prop/Scene to be Cloned
    et si les Poses sont appliquées sur le 1er Genesis chargé, STC DS4 PRO clone 3 fois Genesis avec la pose par défaut

yes, I load Genesis > Load figure/Prop/Scene to be Cloned
    and if Poses are applied to the first loaded Genesis, STC DS4 PRO clone Genesis with the default pose (numbers of clones > 3)

Cordially

edited December 1969

I you'll have to wait for Draagonstorm to pop back into the thread. Maybe you should send her a PM about your issue.

edited December 1969

J'ai déjà écrit à Draagonstorm, mais je n'ai pas eu de réponse

aussi sur le fait qu'il indique qu'on peut cloner aussi des fichiers > dsb, dsa, pz2, mais je ne suis pas arrivée à cloner ces formats

I have already written Draagonstorm, but I have not had a response

also indicates the fact that we can also clone files> dsb, dsa, pz2, but I did not come to clone these formats

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

The idea of that last tab is be used on things like clothing that was applied to Genesis.

Let's say you have 5 Genesis(s) with the Morphing Fantasy Dress applied during the initial load. The base MFD would have applied at that point. After that process, you would go to the last tab, select the Morphing Fantasy Dress, and then select different texture sets for it in one column and process that so that each dress has a different texture.

edited December 1969

Thanks for that explanation. I know you've been busy; but have you taken a look at your collisions script?

edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    Thanks for that explanation. I know you've been busy; but have you taken a look at your collisions script?

Actually, I've rewritten it... Works much better now! Just haven't had time to clean it up, make some promos images and post it.

edited December 1969

1 I loaded Genesis and Hat
    2 I selected Hat
    3 I loaded Mats for Hat
    4 clone

it does not always focntionne

STCDS4PRO3.jpg
    917 x 526 - 109K
    edited December 1969

Upgraded version of SITC - Collisions now available.

When rewritting this for DAZ4.5 I felt the script would be more powerful if you could select what you want to collide with the selected item(s).

You will need to install mCasual's new mcjCollider plugin for DS4.5 .

With this version you no longer need to manually load/activate mcjCollider, the script will do all of that for you now. All you need to do is load your items (Send In Clones really helps to load multiple items ;) ); Select the 'collidee'; and then run the script. In the script you will select what item(s) you want, from a list of all the items, and then click on the 'Collide' button. Note: The collidee will not show up in the list, so that you don't accidentally select it.

Link to Down:
    Come On Down - Collisions

ComeOnDown.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 448K
    ScriptScreen.JPG
    311 x 324 - 25K
    edited December 1969

Awesome!! I like the option to chose & the fact that it's more automated.

edited December 1969

Bonjour,

une nouvelle page pour STC DS4 PRO http://dchacornac.free.fr/la3d/daz45/dz45d15.htm

mais je ne sais toujours pas utiliser la partie Apply Morphs/Mats/Poses to Selected figure/prop

pourrait-on m'expliquer comment procéder, merci

Hello,

a new page for STC DS4 PRO http://dchacornac.free.fr/la3d/daz45/dz45d15.htm

but I still do not use the part Apply Morphs/Mats/Poses to Selected figure/prop

Could someone explain to me how, thank you

STCDS4PRO4.jpg
    917 x 526 - 109K
  • linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,325
    edited January 2013

Is there anything special I have to do to make the "“Clone Prop as instance” dialogue show up in the first tab?

I am using DS4.5.1.56 (64bit) and have installed 15235_SendInTheClonesDS4Pro_1.0_ds.exe on a 64 bit win8 pc.

I first try to load a scene .duf file that includeds Genesis with a set of clothing allready applied. The option to "Clone Prop as instance" did not show. I tried with only Genesis. The option is still not showing. Tried only loading a helmet. Still not showing.

Attached screenshot that shows how the first tab is looking.
    Thats not at all how it looks like in the tutorial .pdf. There the Dialogue option "Clone Prop as instance" is clearly showing.

save_prop_as_instance_missing.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 256K
    Post edited by linvanchene on
    edited January 2013

Is there anything special I have to do to make the "“Clone Prop as instance” dialogue show up in the first tab?

I am using DS4.5.1.56 (64bit) and have installed 15235_SendInTheClonesDS4Pro_1.0_ds.exe on a 64 bit win8 pc.

I first try to load a scene .duf file that includeds Genesis with a set of clothing allready applied. The option to "Clone Prop as instance" did not show. I tried with only Genesis. The option is still not showing. Tried only loading a helmet. Still not showing.

Attached screenshot that shows how the first tab is looking.
    Thats not at all how it looks like in the tutorial .pdf. There the Dialogue option "Clone Prop as instance" is clearly showing.

I think you need a simple (unrigged) prop in order for the instancing checkbox to appear; not a figure. In any case; the scripting to access instancing in not working and you only get physical clones created. It's one of the things in Draagonstorm's list of things to do.

Edit: The checkbox shows up when loading a poser prop (.pp2) but not a .duf.

Post edited by BWSman on
  • linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:

I think you need a simple (unrigged) prop in order for the instancing checkbox to appear; not a figure. In any case; the scripting to access instancing in not working and you only get physical clones created. It's one of the things in Draagonstorm's list of things to do.

Edit: The checkbox shows up when loading a poser prop (.pp2) but not a .duf.

o.O that is very sad to hear. I guess it was my fault that I assumed the timing of the release of this product shortly after DS4.5 would make use of the Instancing functionality that was introduced with DS4.5 and of the new .duf file format.

That exactly this is not working it is very disappointing.

I do appreciate the fact that this tool as it is working can be used to add other copies into the screen randomly add material and props.
    But just "cloning" and adding additional geometries really is not a smart choice when one still wants to manipulate anything in the scene. DS4.5 almost came to a crawl with only 10 copies of Genesis.

On the other hand when I used the DS4.5 native function to Create Instance Groups there was no noticeable slow down at all.

I really hope that this product can be updated to work with the .duf file format and the native DS4.5 intancing functionality.
    It would also be great if a solution can be found to make it even possible to apply materials and poses to the instances.

- - -

Anyway I am aware that I may not be the only one who wants those functions and it may be easier said as done. But just wanted to drop a line that I would be interested in seeing an update or for the sake of it I would also be willing to pay for a new product called:

"Send in the Instances" ;-)

• kristibentonkristibenton Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I need some help with Send In The Clones please. I'm new to Daz so I think it might be something in my settings. I'm on Daz 4.5 Pro. I purchased Send In The Clones DS4. When I run the script the option window opens in a new window at maximum size. There are no scroll bars that let me get to the bottom to click a button to make it go. The only thing I can do is close the X at the top again. Regular window shortcut keys do not work to resize the windows etc. ALT + F8 etc. Can someone tell me how to change my settings to get the view that I see everyone here posting?

Clone.gif
    1304 x 765 - 43K
    edited December 1969

The issue is with your monitor's screen resolution. For Windows; right Click on the desktop and select properties. Click the settings tab adjust the screen resolution (it's usually in the lower left of the settings window).

edited December 1969

Thank you for your response. I did try that and while it did make my screen and open applications smaller it did not affect the active box that pops open. It remained too big for me to get to the bottom options. Amy other ideas?

Screen.gif
    1024 x 760 - 51K
    edited December 1969

can you post a screenshot of your display settings? I have the pro version of SITC so the script panel is a bit different than the regular version; but I don't think the panel is more than 800-1000 pixels high.

edited December 1969

A screen shot of my screen resolution settings? Here you go.

Screen.gif
    853 x 599 - 20K
    edited December 1969

I don't think I have a solution for you. You're likely on a laptop/notebook and your maximum vertical resolution is 768 pixels. If you could plug a monitor into your laptop/notebook; you'll get higher resolutions. Other than that; only a re-design of the SITC control panel will help you.

edited December 1969

Oh sorry to hear that. I'm building a pile of Easter eggs and wanted a short cut, lol. Thank you for looking into it.

edited December 1969

Your screen settings are at the lowest possible. try a higher resolution.

edited December 1969

Your screen settings are at the lowest possible. try a higher resolution.

But there still won't be the vertical resolution to display the whole panel.

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

Afer I have loaded the duf file to clone (just 1 table prop with two parented chair props), the clone button is grayed out. What do I have to do to get it to be active.

• chweintrchweintr Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

Sorry - for posting question here =-- had trouble opening a new topic.

are there instructions on how to install send in the clones? i have a pc running windows 7.

thanks

• LKLK Posts: 23
    edited December 1969

I realy can't understand how It works. Too many settings.
    I building a scene and I need clone one object 12 times in one dimention. I can do It easy at any 3d-software - just need to press Shift and move object or select "clone".
    How I can do the same with help of your script without headache? I could't found.

• TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

If it is simple cloning, have you tried in the Create menu:
    New Node Instance & New Node Instances ?