Shattered Glass .obj pack - 32 customizable shapes

spacebonesspacebones Posts: 0
edited January 2013 in Freebies

Hi folks,

here is something for your architectural stock:

This set of broken glass shapes consists of 14 window`s edges shapes and 16 complete window shapes with customizable crack spots and / or holes. Bonus are two bullet hole shapes, single and double. Experienced modellers will know how to get on with them, but for the novice I provide a little "how to" in the attached .jpg named "customizing dimensions". It is assumed that the user has a modelling software for that (Though you can take the stuff as is, of course).
The set is meant for a variety of situations, where just transmapping a plane would give poor results (though you might want to transmap this objects as well). They are not UV mapped, because in most cases a simple procedural glass material will do the job. If needed, simply map them in planar mode...

Some objects consist of two parts, called "screen" and "cracks" - this is for reasons of easy scaling the screen for your respective need and / or having more flexibility when importing in DAZ Studio or Poser, as you can load both shapes independantly. They should match automatically, if not there should be no problem to send them into place ;-). In some occasions this can give better results, especially when applying different shaders to each object either, for instance a simple glass shader to the screen and a slightly luminous glassy one for the cracks object. This can be helpful with difficult lighting situations within your scene.

Have fun!

Download link:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/66942/view/5/3D-Model/Shattered-Glass

Post edited by spacebones on

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Hi folks,

here is something for your architectural stock:

This set of broken glass shapes consists of 14 window`s edges shapes and 16 complete window shapes with customizable crack spots and / or holes. Bonus are two bullet hole shapes, single and double. Experienced modellers will know how to get on with them, but for the novice I provide a little "how to" in the attached .jpg named "customizing dimensions". It is assumed that the user has a modelling software for that (Though you can take the stuff as is, of course).
    The set is meant for a variety of situations, where just transmapping a plane would give poor results (though you might want to transmap this objects as well). They are not UV mapped, because in most cases a simple procedural glass material will do the job. If needed, simply map them in planar mode...

Some objects consist of two parts, called "screen" and "cracks" - this is for reasons of easy scaling the screen for your respective need and / or having more flexibility when importing in DAZ Studio or Poser, as you can load both shapes independantly. They should match automatically, if not there should be no problem to send them into place ;-). In some occasions this can give better results, especially when applying different shaders to each object either, for instance a simple glass shader to the screen and a slightly luminous glassy one for the cracks object. This can be helpful with difficult lighting situations within your scene.

Have fun!

Download link:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/66942/view/5/3D-Model/Shattered-Glass

thank you :-)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

So useful, Thanks Muchly

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

thx spacebones very cool

• SemicharmSemicharm Posts: 373
    edited December 1969

Brightened my day. Thanks SB!

• PuntomausPuntomaus Posts: 450
    edited December 1969

Cool stuff.Thank you so much.

• edited December 1969

Thank you for this!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

So needed and now so useful! Thank you.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091
    edited December 1969

Thank you, these look really rather good!

• spacebonesspacebones Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Welcome, friends. Hope they are as useful for you as they are for me... :D

• Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

This is awesome! Danke schon (sorry don't know how to do an umlaut!). Many thanks for all your wonderful shares. Your generosity is much appreciated :)

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

I so much appriciate your pieces. I think I have all that you have offered. They have been the bits that make a scene pull together and I thank you for that.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Thank you very, very much indeed!

• KalisxKalisx Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

Thank you, very useful freebie.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757
    edited December 1969

Thankyou.. will come in handy for sure

Rendered in Carrara

Robot_Glass.jpg
    800 x 600 - 399K
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Thanks. They will come in handy:-)

edited December 1969

Thx @all in return! :)

@Stezza: :-) :-) :-)

@wilmap: So does all of your Genesis stuff! I really love the items you created!

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971
    edited December 1969

Looks great! A lot of people will find this very useful, thanks.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,873
    edited December 1969

Sweet deal!!!

Thank you so much! :D

edited December 1969

:)

@Mattymanx: ...just followed your ships link - how cool is this? Really, really MEGA!

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

Awesome, thanks.