Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Fun seeing the different outfits- Effortless Cool looks really nice! 

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,476

Just chiming in to say that both flavors of, "Wear Them All" has worked seamlessly for me.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Thanks Novica!  I actually like it better on the girls than on the boys lol.

Greybro thanks, its nice to know that it will work well.  I have a huge amount of V4 clothes and Genesis 2 clothes to move up once I am done with the Genesis clothing.  I still like the Gen2 figures the best but I might as well make the most out of my content so G2 is going to have a massive wardrobe lol.

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

Oh, that is good to know. I have it wishlisted for later. :)

Greybro said:

Just chiming in to say that both flavors of, "Wear Them All" has worked seamlessly for me.

edited March 2017

This one is not done yet, I am having issues with the water and I still need to add a person peering from behind the door and change the angle of the camera yet a bit.  If you look at the second picture, you can see that the Terra Dome water prop textures are loading onto the water sideways.  No idea why this is happening and my camera angle isn't angled in a way that the water would look sideways.  I've never had that happen before, and I use it fairly often.  Have deleted and re added several times.  I would prefer to use that as the reflection of the water help lighten the scene.  I also need to adjust his claws and grip on the wall a bit and play a bit more with the lighting. Might move him slightly up and to the right on the wall as well. Definitely a work in progress! And, looking at I need to adjust the glow in his left eye as well...

Wolfen .png
    977 x 1582 - 2M
    Wolfen Test 1.png
    977 x 1582 - 2M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on

This is promising! I can't wait to see where you take this. I think you followed a great peice of sage advice from the old horror film makers. Never show the beast in bright light!

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

This one is not done yet, I am having issues with the water and I still need to add a person peering from behind the door and change the angle of the camera yet a bit.  If you look at the second picture, you can see that the Terra Dome water prop textures are loading onto the water sideways.  No idea why this is happening and my camera angle isn't angled in a way that the water would look sideways.  I've never had that happen before, and I use it fairly often.  Have deleted and re added several times.  I would prefer to use that as the reflection of the water help lighten the scene.  I also need to adjust his claws and grip on the wall a bit and play a bit more with the lighting. Might move him slightly up and to the right on the wall as well. Definitely a work in progress! And, looking at I need to adjust the glow in his left eye as well...

I wonder... instead of fighting with Terra Dome... can you just create a plane and apply the water textures to it?  I don't know how Terra Dome works... the textures may be part of one huge texture.  Can it be rotated?

See this is why I post stuff here lol.  I don't know but I will certianly be finding out.  I did check to see if prop was rotated but its not.  Will be mucking about with this tonight after dinner.  Sadly, while my family is very generous in excusing the huge amount of time I spend on this hobby, missing dinner isn't going to fly lol.

And sometimes, I stare at what I'm working on so long I lose myself in the project and having it here lets me step back and really look at it.

Know what you mean... I've been thinking out how to model various Letters in Carrara.  So I started with one that had me stumped until I gave it a few trys last night.  Just posted my "crude" Letter "A" with some explanation of how I created it... looks fairly good for a 1st attempt.  As soon as I figure it out exactly how I want it I'll post another Mini Tutorial.

Lol I just got caught up with your thread yesterday and now have another 11 or so pages to catch up again.  I actually really appreciate your step by steps.

edited March 2017

Worked on this some more, I think its headed in the right direction.  Haven't messed with the water in the background yet. I also want to shift the focus a bit more on the werewolf. And, just noticed the torch goes through the sleeve of her dress.  This is why its good to back away once in a while lol

Wolfen On Tower.png
    2000 x 1600 - 5M

Going to work on some more clothing tonight and let this one roll around in my head a bit more.

Lol I just got caught up with your thread yesterday and now have another 11 or so pages to catch up again.  I actually really appreciate your step by steps.

Great!  I was hoping that my "step by steps" might help someone.  I think you mean 11 posts??  There are some nice model renders by otodomus and one by myself... rest is chit chat... how to do this and that... a quick read. :)

Umm yes 11 posts not pages lol!  Chit chat is good, I learn a lot from chit chat lol.

Ooo.. scary werewolf one. I like it :)

Thanks!  Still a work in progress but moving in the right direction I think.

Thanks!  Still a work in progress but moving in the right direction I think.

I like the changes you have made on it. :)

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Worked on this some more, I think its headed in the right direction.  Haven't messed with the water in the background yet. I also want to shift the focus a bit more on the werewolf. And, just noticed the torch goes through the sleeve of her dress.  This is why its good to back away once in a while lol

This is starting to look really good.  Looking forward to seeing where you go with it.

Thanks!  I think I may move him more to the right so he's is climbing a bit more at the corner, right now, his fur is going to catch on fire from her torch lol

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

Looking really good, Sonja!   I think maybe a bit more highlighting (maybe a backlight or rim light) on the werewolf.   When I first looked at the render, he blended in to the wall.  But definitely coming along!

Looking really good, Sonja!   I think maybe a bit more highlighting (maybe a backlight or rim light) on the werewolf.   When I first looked at the render, he blended in to the wall.  But definitely coming along!

Thanks!  Yes, I haven't decided on his final position quite yet and if I can get the water to work the way it should, it should backlight him nicely.  Either way, I need to finalize where he exactly he is going to be then I can make sure the lights are correct.

Sonja,  Could you easily add a bit of shine to the fur?  In a few places it fades to nearly solid... too dark black.  In other words... make his fur glisten a bit... get my drift?

All,  For the Carrara Challenge "Music"....  if anyone wants a list of entries to aid in voting check the WIP thread I added a text file, zipped, THERE.  It includes all the entries, titles and artists, no renders.

edited March 2017

I am to now to the point where I think I need to take it into photoshop and do some subtle things like you suggested wgdjohn.  Just some slight adjustments nothing drastic.  Although I might play around with adding a bit of mist or fog.  Just for fun.

I've moved him so he is positioned better, his back toes are digging into the crack on the corner stones and his hand is better positioned over the door mantle where he can actually get a grip. His knee is also more removed from the torch so he isn't going to burst into flames from the torch lol.   Removed her sleeve, I couldn't get the sleeve to move enough that the torch didn't go through it and changing the angle of the torch was not working. I did finally get the Terra Dome 3 water to work but I used a different reflective setting.  And I just realized that when I removed the sleeve it didn't remove the tie for the sleeve.  Guess I will run it again lol.  If anyone else sees something off please let me know.

Wolf at the Door.png
    2000 x 1600 - 4M
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

It is looking good. One small observation, the hand isn't actually on the lintel as the fingers would be in shadow, which they aren't. The light from the torch is shining on the whole hand, which is fine too as it looks as if he is letting go and turning away from the torch.

You are right its not.  Will have to think about whether I want to change that or not lol.

You got the water sorted I see.

I did, I ended up picking a different shader, from the same set, no idea what was going on with the last one.

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

I agree with wgdjohn....see if you can bump up the shine on the werewolf's fur.

edited March 2017

First one is the orignal Studio version. I think I got his coat to stand out a bit more in the postworked version.  The second and third I did some filters for the fun of it and the last one is the original post worked version with a bit of fog wisping around the edges.  More than that was just not working.

Wolf at the Door.png
    2000 x 1600 - 4M
    Wolf at the Door P3.png
    2000 x 1600 - 5M
    Wolf at the Door P4.png
    2000 x 1600 - 4M
    Wolf at the Door p5.png
    2000 x 1600 - 4M
This discussion has been closed.