Clothes Handles

WolpiWolpi Posts: 323
edited January 2013 in New Users

Meanwhile I've got some clothes with red handles to change the position and I remember it worked as I made the first try. Now as I need this option there is a problem with all these clothes: in the moment I touch a handle the whole cloth flips away from the figure immediately!
:grrr:

Post edited by Wolpi on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,201
    edited December 1969

Are you using the clothes on the figure they were made for, or have you used AutoFit to put them on Genesis?

• WolpiWolpi Posts: 323
    edited December 1969

Yes, the clothes are especially made for this figure!

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If you tell us which clothing and which figure, we may be able to help more. I have never heard of this happening before.

Is it a piece of 'conforming' clothing, and if so, have you used the 'Fit To' option before trying to move the handles?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

The clothes are "fit to" the character?

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Usually handles work as 'bones' similar to the ones used in the figures themselves to move various parts of the outfit. Many of the older outfits have them, and I still use a good many today. I've posted an example below to show that they do actually work in general in Daz, and left the handles visible.

Details on what outfit you're having trouble with might help to remedy it.

Sadie_Oops.jpg
    569 x 884 - 174K
    edited December 1969

Thank you all for your efforts to help! I've got this problem with all clothes (not dynamic!): for example the cup cake dress for Maddie or the Kailey K4 bundle clothes.
    I think it's right to make them "fit to" . But which parent do I have to choose?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You DO NOT choose a Parent. You will find an option called 'Fit To' in the Parameters pane, or when you right click on the clothing in the viewport, select the 'Fit To' option. Fit To is for conforming clothing, and Parenting is usually for Props.

Untitled-1.jpg
    732 x 496 - 115K
  • edited December 1969

Does using auto fit or fit to make the handles not work? I always use autofit to put older clothes on genesis, and when I click on the handles, nothing happens. I always wondered if there was a trick to it I missed, or if the autofit broke the handles.

edited December 1969

Sry, I don't know the "auto fit" option. But HeraldofFire gave me an idea: perhaps it's nu use to drag the handles with the mouse. Do I have to treat them like body parts?

edited January 2013

Usually dragging them doesn't have the effect you need. In the image above I used only rotation to move the skirt handles. Moving the handles any other way has no effect on the skirt, which is a little different to how it works in Poser.

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
    edited December 1969

Yes, this is the answer! Thank you all for your help!
    :kiss:

edited December 1969

Glad I could help. If you edit the first post in this topic, you can add a [SOLVED] tag to the title to indicate it's all fixed :)

edited December 1969

By the way, HeraldofFire, who's that cute girl of yours some inches above??

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Has anyone considered the Polygon Group editor to fix this issue? That's what I did to take care of the Clarissa Hair handles... Then I assinged them to a bone that's unused and turned that off.

edited December 1969

Wolpi said:
    By the way, HeraldofFire, who's that cute girl of yours some inches above??
    That lovely young lady is Sadie from 3D Universe. The version shown is the original version, not the Genesis one. You can get the Genesis remake here or the original here.

The Genesis version is slightly taller and has more natural proportions for the hands and feet, but otherwise looks very much identical. Whichever one you pick, enjoy. She's easily my favourite toon character.