Bring the old site back

NimosNimos Posts: 39
edited December 1969 in The Commons

The user interface of the previous site was as close to perfect as any great site. Instead of some minor tweaks we now seem to have something totally changed, and here are the changes that I noticed so far:

1- Order history is worse... can't be sorted; no links to product; no payment details.

2- My Orders page is much worse... can't be sorted; no links to product; no payment details.

3- My Downloadable Products: much worse... no file size; no customization.

4- My Wishlist: much worse... no options for anything, too slow to load.

5- Forums are too bright and strain the eyes.

Comments

• kylumikylumi Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

The user interface of the previous site was as close to perfect as any great site. Instead of some minor tweaks we now seem to have something totally changed, and here are the changes that I noticed so far:

1- Order history is worse... can't be sorted; no links to product; no payment details.

2- My Orders page is much worse... can't be sorted; no links to product; no payment details.

Not sure about the rest of it but, you can change the forum colors to whatever you want....:coolsmirk:

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Not sure about the rest of it but, you can change the forum colors to whatever you want….

How? And without using the words firefox or crome please.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

Khory said:
    Not sure about the rest of it but, you can change the forum colors to whatever you want….

Which browser do you use?

edited December 1969

Khory said:

I am very sorry Khory, my friend.......I would have to use both of those words :long:

edited December 1969

IE9..And yes I have tried the others.. They just never made me any happier.

edited December 1969

Ah well. I will just live with the sterile hospital environment till they get around to creating some warm and comforting options.

edited December 1969

Khory said:
    Ah well. I will just live with the sterile hospital environment till they get around to creating some warm and comforting options.

I have had a quick look at IE9 and cannot see any website color changing plugins for it.....sorry. :red:

edited December 1969

kylumi, you are such a sweetheart. Thank you for looking!

• ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited December 1969

kylumi said:
    Khory said:

I have had a quick look at IE9 and cannot see any website color changing plugins for it.....sorry. :red:

I know there is one for IE but I'm afraid I don't know where to find it. I think RAMWolff posted a link to it a long time ago, you might try sending him a PM.

Coldrake

edited December 1969

Coldrake said:
    kylumi said:
    Khory said:

I know there is one for IE but I'm afraid I don't know where to find it. I think RAMWolff posted a link to it a long time ago, you might try sending him a PM.

Coldrake

Thanks Coldrake,

Hey Khory.......shoot a pm over to Ram ;-)

• PoserMagicPoserMagic Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Agreed and so much more, but will stay quiet.

I lololol at this, you are so right, but I do use chrome, need to go check out plugins!

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

Khory said:

Which browser do you use?

Safari, on an iPad.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited May 2012

Khory- try this:
    In Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet options > General tab > Colors (bottom of General tab) > Uncheck 'Use Windows Colors' and change them as you please.

I was using IE8 for that ( I don't use IE, so I don't update it ), so I'm hoping that still exists for you in IE9.

The Daz forums have colors specified. You'll need to follow the 'How to ignore preset colors' link in the colors box to see how to override the forum colors.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited December 1969

That option changes things so that EVERY website you visit is changed to your new color scheme, though, right?

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

That option changes things so that EVERY website you visit is changed to your new color scheme, though, right?

Sadly, that is the case.

I just tried it.

Makes the Daz site looks good, but really messes other sites up.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140
    edited December 1969

I don't remember posting a link to changing the colors for websites via IE but if you tell me what version your using Khory it will be easy enough to suss out!

edited December 1969

This works kinda sorta: http://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-change-web-page-colors-in-internet-explorer

Easy to find this option... Tools>Internet Options... first tab, look to the lower left side for Colors... click that, uncheck the Use Windows Colors and play around with that. I tried but it didn't seem to affect DAZ so not sure what that's about. The link colors seem to stay the same for other sites but not sure if that's important to you or not.

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited May 2012

Hold on, let me look at my notes.

...... $#&^@!!!!... Mmf, ok, here's something... link... Rats... link... Blast it!... link... Consarn it!... O'right, how 'bout this one... Ah, ok, here we go.

http://www.sofmos.com/IeSurfgear.html

That's the one that forum folks said was IE's counterpart for Color That Site. Zigraphix found it.

Unfortunately, you have to click a toolbar button with each page. :-S

Khory said:
    IE9..And yes I have tried the others.. They just never made me any happier.

Does it have something like NoScript?

That makes me happy-ish. Speeds pages up, and makes things safer. (But you have to tell it what to allow, on each new site you visit... nuiscance).

Post edited by T Jaiman on
    edited May 2012

Just downloaded Surfgear for IE... doesn't give you the option to change your colors or text, all it does is remove background images and RESETS colors and fixes the font size to default, that's all it does!

No offense to anyone using IE but IE has always been behind the times in allowing the end user to configure their browser and pages they see in the browser... Remember when everyone was adopting PNG? IE was the LAST browser to implement it's use fully (meaning full transparency background support). It was one of the things that got me curious about other browsers!

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited May 2012

RAMWolff said:
    Just downloaded Surfgear for IE... doesn't give you the option to change your colors or text, all it does is remove background images and RESETS colors and fixes the font size to default, that's all it does!

It does seem pretty weak next to Color That Site (thanks for finding that, by the way). But someone asked.

Turns this forum into black text on a dark gray background, so, won't cure this one.

I'm used to Firefox, but if I want IE for something***, I just run both at once, they haven't interfered with each other yet. I told IE to quit asking to be default, so no nuisance there. So, there's the option to do the reverse, if a person isn't disinclined.

***For instance, when saving htm's with Firefox, on a non-trivial number of sites, Firefox shows a generic title, e.g., "news1"; while IE will have the page's title for the filename. That's becoming less common, now (Firefox updates, or sites making their stuff more compatible with Firefox), but it's still there. If I want to control the color scheme, I stick with Firefox and work around. Other times, I'll fire up IE. (The old forums give Firefox "viewpost.php", but this forum gives Firefox the thread title, translated so there's no, quotes, backslashes, or junk.

Post edited by T Jaiman on
    edited December 1969

Yea, if I NEED to be in IE I just get over the site glare and remember that most of my desired options are not going to be there! lol

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143
    edited December 1969

The new Site is a big step backwards in my opinion.
    Most of the time I get error messages, using iMac with the Safari browsers.
    Can not contact Support, getting error message.

All the other points have already been mentioned in this thread.

The store and how the products are sorted....

I am an Mac users do not need do download PC files and before on the old Site I could make it so that I just got the Mac downloads, now I get the whole lot which is annoying.

Daz, why try to fix something that was not broken??

Also, I want to stop the Newsletter to be send to me since it is all Genesis and V5, very rarely something of Interest for me as Poser User in this Store anymore, how do I go about that??
    Since I can not ask Support...

edited December 1969

PetraR123 said:

I am an Mac users do not need do download PC files and before on the old Site I could make it so that I just got the Mac downloads, now I get the whole lot which is annoying.

Also, I want to stop the Newsletter to be send to me since it is all Genesis and V5, very rarely something of Interest for me as Poser User in this Store anymore, how do I go about that??

Try this... In the store, choose "My Account" up top to the right. To the left you will see "Newsletter Subscriptions".. click that.. uncheck the box and click "Save"

Hopefully that's not broken too!

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

PetraR123 said:

Hello PetraR

I agree, the new site is a big step backwards.

The old site had a few issues, but DAZ staff claimed it was held together with duct tape and string. I'll have to take their word for it. Still, it was better than what we have now.
    The forums worked fine excluding the odd "double post" and broken threads (an avoidable problem if moderators stopped "disappearing" posts)

To stop the newsletter, go to the top right of the page. Click on "My Account"
    Look on the left side of the "My Accounts" page. A little better than halfway down the long list will be "Newsletter Subscriptions."
    Click on that and follow the instructions.

Best of luck!
    :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    PetraR123 said:

Try this... In the store, choose "My Account" up top to the right. To the left you will see "Newsletter Subscriptions".. click that.. uncheck the box and click "Save"

Hopefully that's not broken too!

Thank you, found it.

Tried to contact Sales Support vial email so they might pass my * problems on to Tech.Support but guess what? My mail came back with a Fecking Error message.
    Man I am so fed up.

edited December 1969

tsarist said:
    PetraR123 said:

Hello PetraR

I agree, the new site is a big step backwards.

The old site had a few issues, but DAZ staff claimed it was held together with duct tape and string. I'll have to take their word for it. Still, it was better than what we have now.
    The forums worked fine excluding the odd "double post" and broken threads (an avoidable problem if moderators stopped "disappearing" posts)

To stop the newsletter, go to the top right of the page. Click on "My Account"
    Look on the left side of the "My Accounts" page. A little better than halfway down the long list will be "Newsletter Subscriptions."
    Click on that and follow the instructions.

Best of luck!
    :coolsmile:

I am glad I am not the only one that has enough already of the New Site.
    I have not been spending much here anymore since it became Genesis and G5 mostly Products, maybe that is my punishment lol.
    Petra

edited December 1969

This community is about as patient as a mosquito drilling for blood. Just breath and be patient. Nothing I can do to help with the Poser VS DS but I understand how we all want things here there and everywhere fixed right off the bat... not going to happen right away.... but I understand the frustration just the same! PEACE!

• RPGMaker247RPGMaker247 Posts: 146
    edited December 1969

I really dislike the new look/set up .

WISHLIST

First off, it's insulting to have the "Are you sure. . ." box pop up 3 times when trying to remove items my wishlist.
    Next-I don't get the concept of asking for comments on items. Wouldn't fall under PMs/cudos to the creators?
    And the size of the images is a bit to large.

Please change it back.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

DId you report the problem to the bugtracker?