Mr. Duckie, You're the One... (Commercial)

JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
edited January 2013 in The Commons

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/duckie-for-genesis

Daz has done me the great courtesy of allowing me to stick an iteration of my Duckie line in the store. I thought I'd start a little promo thread to grab some attention for it, and drive home the idea that it's good for more than just Ducks.

Post edited by JoeQuick on

Comments

• peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

My reaction to today's playoff games.

Amazed.jpg
    772 x 835 - 277K
  • JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
    edited January 2013

pete.c44 said:
    My reaction to today's playoff games.

Looks great, very emotive, Reality Render?

Post edited by JoeQuick on
  • DavageDavage Posts: 84
    edited December 1969

Awesome produckt. This is what I was first inspired to do with it. Still have quack a bit I want to do to it still, but I'm having problems finding where the morphs are for the bill to make it eagle shaped or what not, I've Dove though just about every folder I could find.

foruploadduck.jpg
    1072 x 719 - 227K
    edited December 1969

Yep....Reality.

edited December 1969

Davage003 said:
    Awesome produckt. This is what I was first inspired to do with it. Still have quack a bit I want to do to it still, but I'm having problems finding where the morphs are for the bill to make it eagle shaped or what not, I've Dove though just about every folder I could find.

The beak morphs are located Shaping/Head/Universal/Fantasy SciFi

The restore arms morph is in Shaping/Arms/Universal/Fantasy SciFi

The restore feet morph is in Shaping/Feet/Universal/Fantasy SciFi

The tail nub is in Shaping/Hip/Universal/Fantasy SciFi

• DavageDavage Posts: 84
    edited December 1969

Thank you. I found them. I looked there last night but it was like 2 in the morning I musta scanned my eyes right over them.

• Swawa3DSwawa3D Posts: 231
    edited December 1969

These look great but I was wondering how well they can be combined with other figure shapes? It does not look like it comes with a separate isolated head morph. I love the head sculpts on these but I would also want the figure versatility of your other "Duckies for Genesis" product that was on Renderosity. Is that one still available anywhere? A lot of people really love Genesis because of the versatility with combining shapes. I know basic modeling in external apps and might be able to isolate the head myself (applying the morph to a limited selection I think would work) but I'm not that familiar with rigging/correction yet and not sure if I would mess that up when I import it back in. Thanks for any info.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Swawa said:
    These look great but I was wondering how well they can be combined with other figure shapes? It does not look like it comes with a separate isolated head morph. I love the head sculpts on these but I would also want the figure versatility of your other "Duckies for Genesis" product that was on Renderosity. Is that one still available anywhere? A lot of people really love Genesis because of the versatility with combining shapes. I know basic modeling in external apps and might be able to isolate the head myself (applying the morph to a limited selection I think would work) but I'm not that familiar with rigging/correction yet and not sure if I would mess that up when I import it back in. Thanks for any info.

I'm also wondering about these things...I've been thinking about using Genesis to make some realistic (i.e., not toon) bird-people, and I think this might be the missing link I've been waiting for, to help me achieve that. Curious how well it works in combination with other shapes, or dialed down to 50% or even less.

It's certainly a cool-looking product, regardless. Love the various beak and texture options!

edited December 1969

Swawa said:
    These look great but I was wondering how well they can be combined with other figure shapes? It does not look like it comes with a separate isolated head morph. I love the head sculpts on these but I would also want the figure versatility of your other "Duckies for Genesis" product that was on Renderosity. Is that one still available anywhere? A lot of people really love Genesis because of the versatility with combining shapes.

[I'm also wondering about these things...I've been thinking about using Genesis to make some realistic (i.e., not toon) bird-people, and I think this might be the missing link I've been waiting for, to help me achieve that. Curious how well it works in combination with other shapes, or dialed down to 50% or even less.

The product was really designed to work as a duck cartoon base that can be turned into other cartoon birds via the additional beak shaping morphs. If you're looking for a more realistic bird person/head, I would suggest Raw's Bird Cult. Using Gen X you could transfer that morph over into genesis.

• Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 572
    edited December 1969

I was playing around a bit and came up with this.

I'm not crazy about the hair so I might play around with it a bit more. I used the Herohair from the Golden Age set. I might try it with the Warkanan hair set to see if it's closer to what I had in mind...

GuardianEagle.png
    1000 x 1000 - 277K
  • nysalor_7ad75f2450nysalor_7ad75f2450 Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Quackbeth Hueymackt, one-eyed, one-legged duck bandit.

I think I need to lie down ...

John

quackbeth-web.jpg
    902 x 1200 - 266K
  • Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Have to say you did a great job Joe,he's an excellent character !!!

edited December 1969

Grilled Duck

GrilledDuck.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 467K
  • Glampfire GirlGlampfire Girl Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

Hi Joequick,

Love the creativity of your new product, and thank you for creating it. I am a Genesis fanatic.

I started using Daz because I am trying to create my Chicken People for my new comic by the same name. They are people with slighly beaked but human faces and chicken body postures but human bodies, so I need some subtler options with the dials. I fully agree that the advantage of Genesis is to be able to combine characters. For instance, I don't want my characters to be shorter than entirely human characters. That is the case here from what I can see, or am I wrong about that?

Thanks in advance for your answer to my question,

Angie B in AZ

edited January 2013

I really like DAZ for the reason you can see in "Grilled Duck". I can put "Dental Plan" into a Duck's mouth, and clothes that were designed for a completely different character on my model....with very little tweaking. I don't think everyone really appreciates this way of combining all these items together.

Post edited by peteVault on
    edited December 1969

Hi Joequick,

Love the creativity of your new product, and thank you for creating it. I am a Genesis fanatic.

I started using Daz because I am trying to create my Chicken People for my new comic by the same name. They are people with slighly beaked but human faces and chicken body postures but human bodies, so I need some subtler options with the dials. I fully agree that the advantage of Genesis is to be able to combine characters. For instance, I don't want my characters to be shorter than entirely human characters. That is the case here from what I can see, or am I wrong about that?

Thanks in advance for your answer to my question,

Angie B in AZ

Again, this product is about small cartoon bird characters. Raw's bird cult better fills the needs you describe

edited December 1969

pete.c44 said:
    I really like DAZ for the reason you can see in "Grilled Duck". I can put "Dental Plan" into a Duck's mouth, and clothes that were designed for a completely different character on my model....with very little tweaking. I don't think everyone really appreciates this way of combining all these items together.

Your reality renders make me want to start 3d printing a series of maquettes.

• Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 572
    edited December 1969

pete.c44 said:

I agree!

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

Just had to add my thanks for a great cute character , and this is part of a render I'm working on .......and Duckie is playing a Parrot .......I parented the tail from the V4 CCHarpy to his tail and just matched the diffused color to the body texture .....

Sam_and_Duckie.png
    1778 x 1000 - 3M
    edited December 1969

SmallFry said:
    I was playing around a bit and came up with this.

I'm not crazy about the hair so I might play around with it a bit more. I used the Herohair from the Golden Age set. I might try it with the Warkanan hair set to see if it's closer to what I had in mind...

What look are you going for on the hair?

• swirlerswirler Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Very cool! Ihave been looking for a good duck character. I like Eggbert but he is a little youngish for what I want.
    I have MUCK already and plan to pick up the shark guy asap. Some of the renders remind me of Marvel's Howard the Duck (not the movie version ugg)

Heck with Mickey or Bugs, I've always thought Daffy and Donald were the real heroes. They did do all the real work.lol

• edited December 1969

I love this model! It's been a lot of fun to play around with to get different types of birds. One question though - is it possible to change the colour of say, the beak or the yellow areas around the eyes?

edited December 1969

hannagan said:
    I love this model! It's been a lot of fun to play around with to get different types of birds. One question though - is it possible to change the colour of say, the beak or the yellow areas around the eyes?

You could do that by editing the texture maps in photoshop or gimp. Edit the diffuse map for the head, save your new version under a different name, and then load it as the diffuse map for the face nostrils and lips.

• Swawa3DSwawa3D Posts: 231
    edited December 1969

I tried dialing the morphs at a % and found this product is a lot more versatile than I expected. I still really wish the head and body were separate dials but it's still a cool product. A full list of all content used in the image is listed on dA: http://swawa3d.deviantart.com/art/Beata-Aves-Midnight-Flight-3679-378255028

beata-aves-midnight-flight-3679-by-swawa3d.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 579K