Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited March 2017

I'm going to make a list of items that don't or won't convert for me using the Dress Rig for Genesis Females by Sickleyield

*When using this make sure your pose on your character is not super extreme.  Either the T Pose or something that is more of a relaxed standing pose. 

Magna Hart Panties - won't convert and won't take any textures.

Bewitching Outfit - won't convert right in 4.9 but had no problem with it in 4.8 - UPDATE - I loaded the base figure and used a less aggressive pose and it worked fine as well.

Here is the Adventurer set for Genesis converted to G2F.

ADVENTURER CLOTHES CONVERTED.png
    1261 x 2040 - 4M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • KlatoKlato Posts: 5
    edited March 2017

opps that is weird.. when did i become Klato?? I have heard about this occurring in the past. LOL

aka Lianam :)

Edit: I figured it out. I was helping my partner look for some stuff. hahaha :P

Post edited by Klato on
    edited March 2017

Lol I don't know, things can get very strange in Daz land!

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035
    edited March 2017

I like that too.. hehe Do you have the cross-figure converter?

I was going to say this until I noticed i was someone strange. hahaha

I was  thinking about what a person would all need to do conversions of clothes, maybe poses, and skins. I know you mentioned a few like Sickleyield's dress rig. Wonder if a thread should be started to talk about all those possible helpful tools?? or just talk amongst our own threads? Any thoughts? I have a few things but not all.

I help my partner get frieebies and pick out things he might need to do stuff, depending on what he is thinking. I was actually him. lol  :)

Post edited by Liana on
    edited March 2017

As long as you know you are you and he is him its all good lol.

I have been doing these using SickleYield's dress rig for Genesis to Genesis 2Female.  Don't let the name fool you though cause its converting everything I have tried so far including necklaces, rings, shoes and hats.  Super happy with this utility.  I know there is other stuff out there to help with other types of conversions like the Genx for characters.  I am game for starting a thread on conversions I am sure we aren't the only ones interested in making our content stretch as far as possible.

Edited to add I just picked up the Genx stuff last week and I have several other items that move things around.  Will have to track down what I have as I didn't feel competant enough to try using them until recently lol

edited March 2017

I did not think I was going to like this outfit but turns out I love it.  Its very well done!  Another conversion from Genesis, this also comes with a utility belt, guns, a futuristic bow and a pouch.

DARBY ARTEMIS X.png
    988 x 1600 - 807K

I have to ask did those textures come with the outfit?

The conversions seem to be going well. :) I will have to look into SickleYield's dress rig for Genesis to Genesis 2Female.

Here is the Adventurer set for Genesis converted to G2F.

Save

The textures on the Adventurer are an add on texture set called Wanderer. Currently at $1.99

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

That turned out really well. Looking forward to seeing if things will make it to G3

She also has one for the males to convert Genesis to G2m  and one called Sickle Rigging & Morphing System it looks like it converts m4 & v4 to Genesis, but that it might work to add better rigging to other stuff.  Not sure on that one, I don't have it but its on my wishlisht.  I also have Wear Them All for G3.  Descriptions says it will fit everything from m4 & V4 on up to fit the Generation 3 characters.  Haven't tried that one yet either but will very soon.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I love seeing all of your conversions.  Those are great.  I have a few outfits like that I'd like to move up.  I'll have to give it a try sometime.  I have Sickleyield's Rigging thing.

edited March 2017

So far everything is converting without a hitch.  I apparently have her Wear them all that will bridge the gap between v4 & M4 to G3 which I will have to try as well.

Edited to add I am having issues with the Bewitching Corset for some reason.  It worked fine on 4.8 but not so much in 4.9.  Will mess with the corset later.Everything else in that outfit converts fine.

The render is the Avalon Adventure outfit

AVALON ADVENTURE.png
    988 x 1600 - 901K
    edited March 2017

Thanks :) I am wishlisteing things I have not gotten yet. How does it work with shoes? That seems to be the hardest thing to transfer if at all.

Post edited by Liana on

So far so good as far as shoes go.  No problems yet.  Stockings converted fine as did socks.  Also a ring and several necklaces.  Will make a note when i run into anything that doesn't do well.

Ooo. great! :)

Ranger - love the top and the cape on this one. Another thing I need to get that Sickleyield has is the hat helper to tuck hair into hoods and hats. Also on my wishlist. Well apparently I can't load any photos right now so will try again later

edited March 2017

The pants are Casual Male for M5.  I think they look great on G2F

CASUAL MALE G2F G1.png
    1261 x 2040 - 2M

Magna Hart converts beautifully except for the panties.  The panties also refuse to take any materials at all.  Rest of the outfit works perfectly.

Does anyone want me to make a list of stuff that doesn't convert? If anyone wants it I can put it all in the same comment so its all together.

So far everything is converting without a hitch.  I apparently have her Wear them all that will bridge the gap between v4 & M4 to G3 which I will have to try as well.

Edited to add I am having issues with the Bewitching Corset for some reason.  It worked fine on 4.8 but not so much in 4.9.  Will mess with the corset later.Everything else in that outfit converts fine.

The render is the Avalon Adventure outfit

Wow! That looks fantastic!  I have "wear them all" already in my wish list, what's the difference between that and the one you used to do this with? 

I think Wear Them All is to convert previous generations to Genesis 3.  One for females and one for males.  So it converts everything from V4 M4, Genesis, and Genesis 3 to fit Genesis 3.  The Dress Rig does Genesis to Genesis 2 females and there is a Tunic Rig for Genesis 2 Males that does the same got the Genesis 2 males

edited March 2017

That is weird about the panities not even taking materials. Sure a list would be good maybe people can come up with other ways to refit things to other generations.

I know sickleyield has a utube video for "Creating Clothing Morphs With Blender and Daz Studio"

Basically she is just refitting the item on the figure and when she brings it back into daz and a morph for that fitting is created. I guess that is what is done for fitting stuff to various generations and characters. I have not quit got all of that clear in my head yet. :)

Post edited by Liana on
    Liana said:

That is weird about the panities not even taking materials. Sure a list would be good maybe people can come up with other ways to refit things to other generations.

I know sickleyield has a utube video for "Creating Clothing Morphs With Blender and Daz Studio"

Basically she is just refitting the item on the figure and when she brings it back into daz and a morph for that fitting is created. I guess that is what is done for fitting stuff to various generations and characters. I have not quit got all of that clear in my head

Looks interesting will definitely watch this. 

I've seen it, it's really interesting, made me want to start using blender.....but I hardly know daz so I bookmarked it to watch again at a later date. 

edited March 2017

Defiant, the female version - these are add on textures. I did end up hiding her right thigh because the tunic was just not going stretch that far. The sword parented to her hand just like it would for Genesis as well.

DEFIANT G2F.png
    1261 x 2040 - 2M

I've seen it, it's really interesting, made me want to start using blender.....but I hardly know daz so I bookmarked it to watch again at a later date. 

I run screaming in the other direction every time I open blender lol.  I am learning to model in Carrara though so I am sure eventually I will be ready to tackle blender and/or hexagon.

That is cool. The original textures on some of this stuff is always not so great. lol

I am finally getting Blender after trying since at least version 2.45 I think. lol

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

I've found that blender is one of those things that looks really complex when you first start using it; but then gets much easier with practice.  

• KlatoKlato Posts: 5
    edited March 2017

opps.. :P

Post edited by Klato on
    edited March 2017

I've found that blender is one of those things that looks really complex when you first start using it; but then gets much easier with practice.  

It appears that way for me atm. :)

I opps and answered using my partner's account. lol We are having 'technical' difficulties with his Gift card working. Keeps telling us invalid card code. I tried copy n paste, clicking on the link, etc. nada.

Post edited by Liana on

Check you gift card balance.  It might already be applied.  Does that to me all the time.  Tells me to redeem it I click on it and then get an error message.  But apparently clicking on it applies it.  So I check the balance first.

This discussion has been closed.