How does valueOpDeltaAdd & valueOpTimes work?

I noticed that many JCMs and MCMs have valueOpDeltaAdd or valueOpTimes settings, e.g.

valueOpDeltaAdd
 Figure
 rForeArm:1
 yrot
deltaAddDelta 0.007692
valueOpTimes
 Figure
 BODY:1
 FBMAiko6

If yrot is set to 20 for example, what's the output of this morph? I don't see the meaning of adding a very small value to a large one.

And if I deleted all FBMAiko6 in the file including the valueOpTimes stuff, will this morph work or not? (I'm considering using a A6 obj directly instead of transforming from G2 every time)

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited March 2017

deltaAddDelta is multiplier, as I recall, not an addend - for example to convert degrees of roation to a 0 to 1 range for adding to a JCM's value. ValueOpTimes, as you might expect, multiplies the current value of the parameter by the other parameter (for example, to ensure that a corrective morph is triggered only when the shape it is correcting for is non-zero).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,771

Your .cr2 question is beyond my limited hacking knowledge,  but JoePublic put together a tutorial on Poserizing Victoria 5.  This also works on Genesis 2 figures, and I  think it will accomplish your goal of loading an Aiko 6 Poser figure with the correct UVs out of the box....

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2874212

Note the the "Speed" section can be neglected if  that isn't an issue for you, and that the figure is initially loaded via the DSON Importer, but is a native Poser figure when finished...

• reko34reko34 Posts: 94

deltaAddDelta is multiplier, as I recall, not an addend - for example to convert degrees of roation to a 0 to 1 range for adding to a JCM's value. ValueOpTimes, as you might expect, multiplies the current value of the parameter by the other parameter (for example, to ensure that a corrective morph is triggered only when the shape it is correcting for is non-zero).

Oh, that explains everything. Thanks!

• reko34reko34 Posts: 94
    WandW said:

Your .cr2 question is beyond my limited hacking knowledge,  but JoePublic put together a tutorial on Poserizing Victoria 5.  This also works on Genesis 2 figures, and I  think it will accomplish your goal of loading an Aiko 6 Poser figure with the correct UVs out of the box....

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2874212

Note the the "Speed" section can be neglected if  that isn't an issue for you, and that the figure is initially loaded via the DSON Importer, but is a native Poser figure when finished...

I had a look at the instruction but had no idea what he was talking about. DSON importer used to work for me but now it only reports errors. So I am using DS4.6 to create cr2 files for poser to load directly.

I used to rewrite the cr2 file for A4 to load an A4-obj instead of a V4 plus A4 morph for speed. Then I found out that the magnets for pose control don't works well with changed verticles. Fortunately genesis uses weightmaps so I believe I can load any morphed obj without losing control.