Dental Plan for Genesis - Now Available (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 1969

Thanks man, appreciate it:)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Hey everyone... Zev0 and I have decided to do a render contest!

Check it out at Dental Plan Render Contest

That is Awesome!

Congrats on your first Daz Item Zev! You two did a fantastic job!I will second that and great job from the Material Girl too. :)

• lokanbulllokanbull Posts: 24
    edited December 1969

Hi there,

I'm interested in your product, as it looks like it would do much of what I need :) For now I've had to use the basic controls to try and emulate the teeth I need, but it's very limited.

But before I make a final decision, I have a question: Can it do orc like tusks. Specifically, make the lower canine teeth much larger and sharper than the rest of the teeth? From the images I see, it looks like it could, but I wanted to double check :)

Also, can your product jut out the lower jaw so those sharp tusks can be seen outside of a closed mouth? This one I managed to replicate with overriding some basic controls in Genesis, but certain poses will reset those values, so I have to re-tweak it again. How far can you push the lower jaw out?

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Jason

edited January 2013

lokanbull said:
    Hi there,

I'm interested in your product, as it looks like it would do much of what I need :) For now I've had to use the basic controls to try and emulate the teeth I need, but it's very limited.

But before I make a final decision, I have a question: Can it do orc like tusks. Specifically, make the lower canine teeth much larger and sharper than the rest of the teeth? From the images I see, it looks like it could, but I wanted to double check :)

Also, can your product jut out the lower jaw so those sharp tusks can be seen outside of a closed mouth? This one I managed to replicate with overriding some basic controls in Genesis, but certain poses will reset those values, so I have to re-tweak it again. How far can you push the lower jaw out?

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Jason

The jaw can be pushed out as much as you want, but it will go through the lips. It all depends on the facial morph you have dialled. In terms of the teeth morphs you can do the requested morphs, however I'm not sure about tusks. Maybe post me an example so I can try to duplicate and tell you what limitations I run into:) I know for one you cannot have any teeth oustide the mouth, as I did not include any face forward morphs. Those are extremely hard to do and to get working with the rest of the morphs in this set. If you want tusks, you can have a look at this product by Sickleyield http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=91791 and maybe combine it with this set.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • rogerbenrogerben Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm really impressed with Dental Plan... it was a good idea for a product to begin with, but the final execution is just fantastic. Those age morphs just flew to the top of my "stuff to get when not broke" list.

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:

The jaw can be pushed out as much as you want, but it will go through the lips. It all depends on the facial morph you have dialled. In terms of the teeth morphs you can do the requested morphs, however I'm not sure about tusks. Maybe post me an example so I can try to duplicate and tell you what limitations I run into:) I know for one you cannot have any teeth oustide the mouth, as I did not include any face forward morphs. Those are extremely hard to do and to get working with the rest of the morphs in this set. If you want tusks, you can have a look at this product by Sickleyield http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=91791 and maybe combine it with this set.

Thanks for getting back to me. For the Jaw, it's what I figured, and that's all good.

Here is an example of 'tusks'. Basically, just large fangs but jutting from the lower jaw instead of the upper jaw. With current genesis morphs, that's as large as I can make them (any larger and they deform badly). I would like to make them a bit larger, and that is what I was wondering with your product.

Jason

orc-head.png
    482 x 505 - 310K
    edited January 2013

Here is a super quick render, hence why it looks like crap lol. With turning off limits on certain morphs, I was able to get it up to this size. Although it wasn't designed for tusks, you can kinda get those results. You have to increase the lower jaw X scale as well.

test.jpg
    800 x 1048 - 552K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

I just noticed this thread for the first time. Interesting. Does it allow for various animal-type teeth? I have a bunch of animal heads — Anubis, the Creature Creator stuff, etc., but many of these morphs only change the face, e.g. into a muzzle. Open the mouth and I don't see realistic cat- or dog-type fangs. How well can Dental Plan do this?

edited December 1969

Don't know about realistic, but you can get results like this.

1.jpg
    500 x 655 - 103K
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Here is a super quick render, hence why it looks like crap lol. With turning off limits on certain morphs, I was able to get it up to this size. Although it wasn't designed for tusks, you can kinda get those results. You have to increase the lower jaw X scale as well.

Thanks for that sample. It gives me a good idea. They don't have to curve as much as just look like bigger and somewhat shaper version of canine teeth :)

Thanks again :)

edited December 1969

Cool. When I have some free time I will try and incorporate some more morphs and just release them as a freebie. There were some I struggled with and just could not get done in time for its release.

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Don't know about realistic, but you can get results like this.

Useful for monsters and big nasty critters, but I was thinking of e.g. what a lion tamer would see — like in this Google Images search.
    edited January 2013

Ah ok. See the problem is that these morphs are designed to work on the human layout where all the teeth are similar is size. Animal teeth are different, eg different amounts of teeth, spacing and default sizes, so to mimic that will always be an issue. Basically you will have to restructure Genesis' Jaw and teeth layout which will be no easy task. Unless you develop a different lower and upper jaw prop, but then this product becomes useless...

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited January 2013

You just gave me an idea SpottedKitty:) Thanks!!!...won't be related to this but might be included in something I am drafting on paper:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

I'm being a cat-a-lyst again, am I...? ;-P

• edited January 2013

Hi , I just bought this and I can't find the morphs in poser.

The http://www.daz3d.com/dental-plan-for-genesis
    says
    "Note that the morphs will work in Poser on a Genesis figure loaded through the DSON Importer for Poser, however the script to automatically apply effects, as well as the materials will not."

I tried reloading my Genesis figure , but the morphs are nowhere to be found.

I have Poser Pro 2012 and had no problems loading Genesis in the past so where do I find the Morphs in the Poser Runtime? I had a look at the file list but that one only says where the textures are (which for me are not really good because I bought it for the morph)

Any ideas?

Also

Zev0 said:
    I also wanna see since I don't have the teens lol...

This doesn't seem to work with the Genesis Teen's either (Justin) (for Poser). The textures when compared have a different layout (which is stated in the product description) that the materials/textures wont work , but the morphs should had been working and they are not.

Post edited by brut69_7ba5ecdae9 on
    edited December 1969

As far as I know the morphs work in Poser. Where did you install them?

• edited January 2013

In the standard folder along with the rest of the runtime. I checked from :

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/15490/file_list

And all the files are there , but there is no "X:\Runtime\Libraries\Pose\???????" in the files installed.

Where are they supposed to be?

edited January 2013

To get the morphs to work all you do is copy the data folder from the product and overwrite the data folder where your Poser Genesis content is installed. Easiest thing to do is extract the product files to your desktop, choose the data folder and overwrite the data where ever your Genesis\Daz data folder is located.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • edited January 2013

Zev0 said:
    To get the morphs to work all you do is copy the data folder from the product and overwrite the data folder where your Poser Genesis content is installed. Easiest thing to do is extract the product files to your desktop, choose the data folder and overwrite the data where ever your Genesis\Daz data folder is located.

Thats how it works for DAZ , for Poser the files morphs need to be installed in X:\Runtime\Libraries\Pose\??????? and it is not included in the installation package.

ps
    Isn't the above that you mentioned what the installation package already does?

edited January 2013

No. Morph files for Daz and Poser are installed in the data folder. The ones for Daz works for Poser. Anything else is material based. All you want is the morphs, so all you do is copy the data folder. The morphs will then appear under the teeth group.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited January 2013

brut69 said:
    Zev0 said:

Thats how it works for DAZ , for Poser the files morphs need to be installed in X:\Runtime\Libraries\Pose\??????? and it is not included in the installation package.

ps
    Isn't the above that you mentioned what the installation package already does?

Draagonstorm and Daz handled the install files. All I know is that to get the morphs to work in Poser, only the Data folder contents is required. That is how all my previous products work and this is no different. But if there was a change, please PM draagonstorm, but I am sure just by copying the data folder it will work:) Let me know how it goes.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • edited December 1969

The files are already there. I overwritten.

Restarted Poser , loaded the files again.

What "Teeth" group?

I have upper Jaw and bottom Jaw , and on the Head there is only Mouth

edited January 2013

brut69 said:
    The files are already there. I overwritten.

Restarted Poser , loaded the files again.

What "Teeth" group?

I have upper Jaw and bottom Jaw , and on the Head there is only Mouth

Sorry I mean't mouth. To test I just did this and it works fine. I am out of solutions:( Maybe PM Draagonstorm.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • edited December 1969

OK , I got'them to work.

The problem was that they do not appear on current characters and they appear on the new imported characters only under the Mouth group.

Thank you ^_^

edited January 2013

Cool!!!!! Glad they work:) Have fun:) Yes any new morphs only populate once a new Genesis is loaded after Poser is closed. It's the same as Daz.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited January 2013

Hi Zev :)

I think I found some sort of glitch occurring with dental plan/Ageing for Genesis. I've noticed it has a strange affect on the Iris, of all things. It seems to alter it's depth on the eyes. All of the controls seem to have an affect on it to some extent, when you have multiple morphs active it's much more noticeable . I checked every morph I had dialed on a character, then worked out My problem with the eyes was the most unlikely morphs of dental plan.

I also discovered, the same issue with Ageing morphs. I dont know why it's doing it, or what caused it to do that.

Grab Genesis, apply a texture... Dial a bunch of Dental Plan morphs and watch the irises. I attached a Screen shot of genesis with a bunch of dental morphs dialed at 100% No other morphs are dialed.

It's either just some malfunction with my computer, or it's indeed widespread. I only noticed this when I was playing with close ups and checking my eye surfacing settings.

Edit: Added Screen shot without morphs applied.

Untitled-2.jpg
    1274 x 801 - 503K
    Untitled-1.jpg
    1271 x 774 - 547K
    Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited January 2013

Hmmm..this is strange. It's happening here as well. When I made the morphs I had hidden the rest of Genesis in Zbrush and only had the mouth visible, therefor working with the assurance that nothing else will be affected. Have no idea why this is affecting the eyes of all places. The only solution I can think of is that I create some type of IRIS reset morph. Thanks for Bringing this to my attention. I am just confused as to why this happened.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited January 2013

EG when I worked on Dental Plan, this is all I had onscreen in Zbrush. So how the eyes got affected is a mystery to me:(

mouth.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 210K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Yeah I know, It totally had me baffled. From what I hear from the many PA's they do it the same way. Very odd. And it was the last morph set I expected it to be. I discovered it was also Ageing morphs as well, when I loaded an aged character to compare to. Initially I thought It was a texture issue in my custom eye textures, then I realized it was some anomaly with a morph. Took me like an hour to work out it was The teeth and aging packs. I also tried it with evolution morphs to see if it did it too, but It didn't have that anomaly.

Perhaps a fix/correctional morph slider for the iris that can be dialed to a value that suits how strong the animally is* (Determined by the user?) would be good addition to update these items.

*Depending on morph values in Aging and Dental, and how many morphs are active will determine how strong the iris needs to be corrected, so each different character would require unique values (in theory).

I wonder if any other vendors have came across this in their work?