Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Thank you!  I'm down to the last couple of bits in the Carrara challenge but of course, they are the most important bits lol.

We are getting some really high winds and bad storms through here (5:30 am tornado warning is not my ideal way to start off the day).  Power has been off and on, so I am very leary about starting up the PC.  My laptop has a little bit of charge left but don't want to plug it in until the storms are gone or I can plug it in at work.

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

oh, bummer. Stay safe, dry, and warm. :)

Thanks! Right now its just blowing really hard.  I expect we will have downed tree limbs etc tomorrow.  Hopefully people will stay in unless they absolutely have to go somewhere and no one will get hurt.  I'm off to bed, long day at work tomorrow and the laptop is dying anyway lol.  going to be a busy day tomorrow, people will be calling in claims after last night and today.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Tornado warnings and high winds are never fun!  Hopefully, everything has settled down now?

Yes thankfully!  60's storms and high winds yesterday, today, cold and snow.  I have whiplash from watching the weather change so fast lol.  I will be working on the testing project we are both on tonight as well as my Carrara thing and hopefully after that I will be doing some things that have been floating around in my head this week.  Can't wait to try Kindred Arts new decals product (something that has been on my list of things to learn is the decals stuff, so, now is the perfect time lol)

Yeah, I did some renders earlier.  Taking a break right now and trying out the new Sketchy - Toon Edge and Art Style Shaders and I'll be trying out the new Decal product, too.

Yeah, I did some renders earlier.  Taking a break right now and trying out the new Sketchy - Toon Edge and Art Style Shaders and I'll be trying out the new Decal product, too.

Really wanted that Sketchy.  Hoping that the bill we sent out gets paid quickly enough that I can pick it up while its still on sale.  Straight into the wishlist for now.

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

Glad you're OK after those bad storms!

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,071

Ditto!

Thank you me too!  We don't usually get tornados so close they tend to go around (some kind of weird geographical feature)

Oh... you were in those nasty tornados? Eck! Glad you are safe though. There are reasons you have whiplash from the weather changing so fast and 'mother nature' had nutting to do with it even though some would like us to believe so. :)

Thank you!  I totally agree, Mother Nature is only working with what's given to her....

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026
    edited March 2017

Glad you are OK. 

Had to pop in and say that I have narrowed down the list of suspects for the crazy weather.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/5815423/10-villains-who-used-bad-weather-as-a-weapon

My money is on #4, Galaxy from the James Coburn spoofs of James Bond, although I had forgotten about #1.

Liana said:

Oh... you were in those nasty tornados? Eck! Glad you are safe though. There are reasons you have whiplash from the weather changing so fast and 'mother nature' had nutting to do with it even though some would like us to believe so. :)

Post edited by Diomede on
    Diomede said:

Glad you are OK. 

Had to pop in and say that I have narrowed down the list of suspects for the crazy weather.

My money is on #4, Galaxy from the James Coburn spoofs of James Bond, although I had forgotten about #1.

Liana said:

I actually remember seeing the first one, the Bionic Woman/Six Million Dolar Man crossover event.  Brings back memories of my childhood.  Watched both of those shows both when they were originally on and a few times in syndication.  I even vaguely remember the Flash one.

Oh my gosh, Underdog!  I loved that show as a child lol!  Right back to childhood!

Couple of questions.  If I fit a genesis dress to a genesis 2 female, how do I save the dress for G2F?  I tried saving it as a wearable but its saving the G2F and not the dress. (and yes, i made sure I had the dress selected and not g2f).

Hmm. I'll have to look.  I thought saving it as a wearable was the way to do it, too.  It really shouldn't be saving the figure as a wearable, I wouldn't think.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

Out of my depth, but I think it depends on whether you are saving it as a support asset or as a wearable preset.  For a wearable preset, conform and fit your converted dress to genesis 2, select genesis 2 (not the dress), then save as : wearable preset.  Or, you can select the converted dress and use save as : support asset.

Then again, I probably should not try to answer questions about Studio.  blush

Diomede got it right :)

Just the opposite of what you did. I had to go try it it out. It has been a while for myself. :)

So, to save as a 'wearable preset' have the figure selected then go to save as wearable preset. The dress will show up checked and then you can save. :)

It would be the way you did it (the dress selected)if you saved it as a support asset like Diomede suggested. I find if a person is not going to use it to pass around as a freebie or sell.. it's just easier to save as a wearable preset and easier to find unless (unlike me) a person has the pathway going to the correct 'folder' in the first place. Believe me I had this problem on something I did. Looked all over trying to figure out where said item went. lol

Thank you very much!  I would do it backwards lol.  I'm not sharing at the moment I don't think I can since I'm just using premade shaders at the moment.  Just sprucing up some older stuff.

It's been awhile since I've done this, too.  That's one of those things that if you don't do it all the time you'll do it wrong the first time out.

• Diomede said:

Glad you are OK. 

Liana said:

I actually remember seeing the first one, the Bionic Woman/Six Million Dolar Man crossover event.  Brings back memories of my childhood.  Watched both of those shows both when they were originally on and a few times in syndication.  I even vaguely remember the Flash one.

My favorite part of the Six Million Dollar Man was that Dusty Springfield sand the theme song in the first few episodes. When I first hear her singing, I was so excited that I jumped up and exclaimed, "Do you know who that is singing?" My mother pulled back and looked at me like I had lost my marbles. But she knew I was crazy about Dusty Springfield. Too bad the song never got released. I guess it was never a complete song.

Glad you are ok Ice Dragon Art. They forcasted bad weather for us, but fortunately all we got was a lot of rain and wind.

Glad to hear it passed you by!  And thank you!  

We watched the million dollar man every week......

It's been awhile since I've done this, too.  That's one of those things that if you don't do it all the time you'll do it wrong the first time out.

I consistently pick the wrong one lol.  Hoping to upgrade the materials on a lot of the older stuff I have.  And, I want to spend some time changing the textures on the actual UV maps so I can add trim details etc to some stuff that doesnt have a separate material zone for some of that kind of stuff.

KevinH said:
    Diomede said:

Glad you are OK. 

Liana said:

My favorite part of the Six Million Dollar Man was that Dusty Springfield sand the theme song in the first few episodes. When I first hear her singing, I was so excited that I jumped up and exclaimed, "Do you know who that is singing?" My mother pulled back and looked at me like I had lost my marbles. But she knew I was crazy about Dusty Springfield. Too bad the song never got released. I guess it was never a complete song.

Glad you are ok Ice Dragon Art. They forcasted bad weather for us, but fortunately all we got was a lot of rain and wind.

Absolute favorite song ever is Dusty Springfield singing Son of a Preacher Man!!!

I consistently pick the wrong one lol.  Hoping to upgrade the materials on a lot of the older stuff I have.  And, I want to spend some time changing the textures on the actual UV maps so I can add trim details etc to some stuff that doesnt have a separate material zone for some of that kind of stuff.

Yep, there are things I do that with, too.  For now, I tend to be lazy and just save everything as a Scene Subset.  blush

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    Chohole said:

I am so excited!!  This render, done in Bryce won the best new Bryce render. I am just blown away. 

You deserved the accolade.  Two weeks using Bryce and you can enter a render like that.  You certainly deserved to be the best New Brycer for December.

I agree took me months and months and get a half pie decent image. Awesome job Ice, surreal I like that. 2 weeks!

man that took me a while to look through this thread. Overall I am happy to see you trying new things all the time. Plus you don't seem to have a problem with lighting, unless you are using pre-made lighting but even then most renders look ok in that regard. One thing that does stand out is composition in terms of camera framing, colour contrast, dof and placement of other scene elements for a balanced image. I think if you start to work on that aspect too your image will start to pop more. Yes many a just tests or quick renders. As far as I can see you have an artistic bent buried in there somewhere. 

Thank you Szark!  I've spent the last year or so trying to learn how everything works and am just now starting to focus a bit more on the fun artsy side of things lol.  I admit, I hate lighting and I suck at it although I am still slogging along trying to learn more.  I do use a lot of pre lit light sets but I tend to fiddle with them once I have them loaded.

Premade lights. If you fiddle with them then you will grasp it eventually. It is when you don't fiddle is when you don't learn as much. That is great. I started with buying, then tweaking and now I don't buy light sets only HDRI's for Iray and good ones are hard to find for a reasonable price.

This discussion has been closed.