Daz Studio Basics 101. New Users help for starting with DS.

167891012»

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sorry I was not clear with my question. Are you seeing the Opt forever thing with all your renders or just this one?

• UkyuuUkyuu Posts: 182
    edited December 1969

Just this one.

edited December 1969

Is this the NEW WorldBase or the old one? It could be a Tiling issue. I do not have the Snow Version of the new WorldBase but the Lushlands works fine on my PC. Does this happen even after a save scene exit DS reload and reboot of DS?

edited December 1969

Actually, this is quite a modified skydome of the New WorldBase
    Not only did I meddled textures through the layer editor, but I went in Shader Mixer to add a tiling to the skydome so the new picture would feature far-away mountains on the skydome ^^'.

If the tiling is the problem, I guess I'll remove that then.

edited December 1969

Ukyuu said:
    Actually, this is quite a modified skydome of the New WorldBase
    Not only did I meddled textures through the layer editor, but I went in Shader Mixer to add a tiling to the skydome so the new picture would feature far-away mountains on the skydome ^^'.

If the tiling is the problem, I guess I'll remove that then.

This one goes a bit beyound my ability to help. Try the Nuts and Bolts Forum. Sorry. I'm sure it can be done but not sure how.
  • NV OracleNV Oracle Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Geminii23 said:
    Hi Jaderail and others. This is carry over from a question I posed in our PM. I am trying to figure out how to apply the Gore-Dom shaders to elements in my scene.

I noticed that when I go to the Surface (color) tab that Shaders is not present at all on any of my elements being used in my current project. Even when I open a new project and try to use a the base genesis or Victoria 5/Michael 5 models the Shaders option does not show up. The only options I have are Materials and Presets.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Here you go, a short Picture Version of what to do...My Tabs will look different but will work the same as yours. I hope this helps you and others. For this I will be using just Genesis and the Gore-Dom Shaders.

CLICK To SEE at FULL SIZE!

Thanks a lot for that tutorial, Jaderail. I guess it shows how much of a beginner I still am. I was trying to double click on the icon in the content library. LOL.

Your friend
    Oracle

edited December 1969

NV Oracle said:
    Thanks a lot for that tutorial, Jaderail. I guess it shows how much of a beginner I still am. I was trying to double click on the icon in the content library. LOL.

Your friend
    Oracle

Your Very Welcome, remember I and others watch this thread, if we can help we will. If you have More Questions just ask.
    edited December 1969

Oh, I will, believe me. I'll holler loud and clear. LOL. Most things I think I have, but it actually didn't occur to me to close Studio after I made a scene, then open it back up and make my render, and I'm actually going to try to play with the box that comes up with the directional arrows to move my content around, because using the dials in the paramaters tab can get a little tedious sometimes. LOL.

Your friend
    Oracle

edited December 1969

Back again ^^

I'd like a complete way to make a perfectly clean uninstall of DAZ Studio with no lingering registry entries and all, so to start out from a fresh completely new grounds the DAZ studio, please :)

edited December 1969

Not sure you can kill the Regestry entries but a new install should over write the old ones. But here we go.

Step1. The one most people miss. Go to the Programs folder that DS is installed in Open the Content Management Service open Uninstallers. Run the uninstaller. Now your OLD CMS is gone and dead. Delete any left over parts.

Step2. Find your Content Folder (My Library) and just Delete it.

Step3. Uninstall DS or just reinstall DS as it will uninstall the other file for you.

This is the Fast way, The best way would be to run ALL uninstallers for Content First. Then the CMS and Then DS. But I'm sure the end result is the same. A Fresh clean install after doing the above.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Not sure you can kill the Regestry entries but a new install should over write the old ones. But here we go.

Step1. The one most people miss. Go to the Programs folder that DS is installed in Open the Content Management Service open Uninstallers. Run the uninstaller. Now your OLD CMS is gone and dead. Delete any left over parts.

Step2. Find your Content Folder (My Library) and just Delete it.

Step3. Uninstall DS or just re-install DS as it will uninstall the other file for you.

This is the Fast way, The best way would be to run ALL uninstallers for Content First. Then the CMS and Then DS. But I'm sure the end result is the same. A Fresh clean install after doing the above.

I could indeed run all of the uninstaller, but you won't see me back for the result before... let's say next year?

edited December 1969

In the end, I did had to re-install my windows to get rid of the previous installation, and with that, the scene now works properly.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Ukyuu said:
    In the end, I did had to re-install my windows to get rid of the previous installation, and with that, the scene now works properly.

Well that was fast. When I reinstall the OS, it takes a few days to get all the programs reloaded and activated, etc. And the scene files would have been history.

edited December 1969

I save all of my work on a separate DVD.
    And I have an image of My OS freshly installed, with the main software I use freshly installed too. I mounted it.
    I then re-installed DAZ (since I know it gets messed up easily on my computer), I don't have it on my image, and installed back the few content that are on this specific scene. That's why I could do it fast :)

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Oh. hmmm ... I never did figure out how to make those. I can see why they'd be popular. Maybe next time 'round I'll have to look into that procedure.

edited December 1969

Hi gang.

I hope this isn't going into 'Intermediate' territory, or anything, but I have a question for you. I found some tattoo brushes on dA, and a bolt of inspiration struck. I wanted to add tattoos for people like M4, V4, maybe even an older K4, and possibly even Genesis, when I have the money for it. I have Studio 4.5, and I know I have the L.I.E., the Layered Image Editor. I've seen the tutorials for them, but I think I might be a little stuck. I have some of the individual brushes saved as png files. Here is my question. Using the L.I.E., how can I put a tattoo on M4?

Your friend
    Oracle

edited December 1969

I know how to do it but I've never done it so the texture can be used for more than the one render. If you point me to some Links I'll se If I can do it in easy steps for others to follow.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I know how to do it but I've never done it so the texture can be used for more than the one render. If you point me to some Links I'll se If I can do it in easy steps for others to follow.

I'll settle for just the one render, Jaderail, and thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I've only seen the two tutorials that DAZ put out on their YouTube page, so if there are any others out there, I don't know.

Thanks again.
    Oracle

edited January 2013

Okay then thats easy, Load your Figure and then pick a surface in the Surfaces Tab. Use the Drop down that lets you change the texture in the Diffuse to open the LIE. The Full texture for that section will open, if you pick the Arm all the limb texture will load. Then you use the plus/Minus button at the bottom of the layers list to add a new layer. Then use the Resource button to load your Tattoo image. Once loaded you use the tools to set the blend type and size as you need. When placed in the part that you opened just accept. Thats when it helps to know the different Mat zones for your figure. The good news is you can go right back into LIE and adjust as needed.

Tip: I've never tried a tat across seams so I'm not able to help with that.

I hope this gets you started.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Okay then thats easy, Load your Figure and then pick a surface in the Surfaces Tab. Use the Drop down that lets you change the texture in the Diffuse to open the LIE. The Full texture for that section will open, if you pick the Arm all the limb texture will load. Then you use the plus/Minus button at the bottom of the layers list to add a new layer. Then use the Resource button to load your Tattoo image. Once loaded you use the tools to set the blend type and size as you need. When placed in the part that you opened just accept. Thats when it helps to know the different Mat zones for your figure. The good news is you can go right back into LIE and adjust as needed.

Tip: I've never tried a tat across seams so I'm not able to help with that.

I hope this gets you started.

It does. Thanks a lot, Jaderail. This is terrific.

You're friend
    Oracle

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

What is the maximum size for posting an image? It's been a long time since I posted anything.

edited December 1969

At this point in time I'm not 100% sure anymore AtticAnne. But I think it's still at 2000x2000 max but I think the file size has changed. And that is the part I need to learn and know.

edited December 1969

This one is for a Friend who also happens to be my first Daz Basics student.

In this I'm trying to show how to get Lighting to match a Background Image so that a 3D figure blends into the BG like they are part of the full scene. I'm not a master at lighting but I think this is Close. More work and it could get better. This covers the lighting only.

Step 1. Study the BG image, see how the shadows fall and how DEEP they are. See how much Bounce light FILLs the image.

Step 2. Create a Distant Light and Name it Sun. Look through the SUN until you think shadows would fall just like they do in the BG image.

Step 3. Try to match the color of the main Shadow light (Sun) from the BG image the best you can. Now test render. Still too dark.

Step 4. Create a second Distant Light name it Fill. Looking through it try to match the FILL light from the BG image. Even aim upwards if needed to get it.

Step 5. Test renders, Then change your Sun settings in Parameters untill you get as good as you can. Do the same with your Fill light.

This was done in a matter of Mins and as I said is not perfect. It does show the concept I just discribed.

Anne_Tut-3.png
    362 x 969 - 69K
    Anne_Tut-2.png
    361 x 969 - 70K
    Anne_Tut_Render._.jpg
    1224 x 918 - 767K
  • Hello, I am fairly new to Daz but I'm doing very well and able to get around. I am trying to add a ground plane and having issues adding shaders or changing the color. I create a new scene, select create primitive, plane, world center, y positive, 25m, 24 divisions. I get a black plane which is visible. Under scene menu I click the plane I just created. I click surfaces. I see surfaces and shaders for all of my content including clothes. If I select any shader or surface, nothing adds to the plane or shows as attaching to plane under scene. Also, I read a tutorial which said to select the "default" tab and I can change the color etc. There is no default tab showing under surfaces with plane selected. If I click a shader like cement, nothing happens. I've tried rendering and it's just white. Am I doing something wrong? Why can't I add a shader to my plane layer?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Click on it with the Surface Selection tool, or expand the entry in the Surfaces pane Editor tab to show the surfaces on the model (just default for a primitive) and select that. To apply a shader preset both the model and one or more surfaces on the model must be selected.

• Very Newbie question. I purchased starter models Victoria and Olympia. I am not finding their own hair. The "models" have thier own destinctive hair, but when I go to the Genesis 3 Victoria 7 model and look under hair the only option is "short" and it is "Toulouse Hair" -- what am I missing??

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

If you bought only the basic packages for Victoria and Olympia you only get the morphs and possibly a texture set per character.  Hair and clothing is part of the bundles.

• So just for clarification then like in this case "http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-7"; does not come with any hair or clothing. Even though in the sample images for the product : 00-new-daz3d_victoria-7_.jpg she does have hair and an outfit. All that comes with the extra and pro bundles. So I have to purchase the Krayon and other hair styles.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

What is included is listed near the bottom of the product page.