Poser 9 Horse and older textures...

I'm looking at theses horse textures

http://www.daz3d.com/p4-horse-textures

Would they work with the horse that comes with poser 9?

It says: Requires the horse from Poser 4, PP, P5 and/or P6.

Comments

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305
    edited February 2017

Can't tell for sure; I do have Ppro2012 installed - the 64bit equivalent of P9, and if this is the horse in the 'Animals\Poser originals folder, I would guess it does. The horse in the product page looks like that horse in Poser, and looking at the .crz file, it references to 'horseHiP3.obj' , which would indicate it even dates back to Poser3.

You can always try, after all DAZ does have its 30 day  money back guarantee....

One thing with every newer poser version sOfar; they always included the older content from the previous versions as well....

Post edited by glaseye on
  • yep

those work fine its the damned morph pack that does not

I get bits of missing horse IIRC

had form years ago one of those cheap buys that proved useless

Capture.JPG
    1260 x 904 - 113K
  • the poses work too

• THANKS!

I did grab it. I played with the Poser Horse once and - once I twisted the foot, I mean twisted like I was wringing out a  towel, and I couldn't get it back no matter what I tried.

I just figured to stick to buying POSES for horses. This pack was on sale for cheap and since I have an army that rides horses, I needed some variety and took the plunge.

What Morphs don't work? Like ...morph controls for what?

I would think, they'd create a LIMITS slider or dial so that no animal or human anatomical part is able to twist more than normal. Sometimes when working on a shoulder, I break my characters back and it's difficult to unbreak. Sucks when I don't notice it till I rotate angles and see what a mess the opposote side of their body has become.

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305
    edited February 2017
    avxp said:

I would think, they'd create a LIMITS slider or dial so that no animal or human anatomical part is able to twist more than normal. Sometimes when working on a shoulder, I break my characters back and it's difficult to unbreak. Sucks when I don't notice it till I rotate angles and see what a mess the opposote side of their body has become.

smiley

You also may want to look at the 'Use Inverse Kinematics' option and uncheck the 'arms & legs'

poser-limits.jpg
    1010 x 1013 - 147K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • I cannot find the morph pack in question, I think it was vaulted

• @glaseye   [nods slowly, turns red then exits room quietly]

Thanks for the leg up. I thought the turn limits on/off during import was the setting for that. lol