Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Fishtales said:

The mezzanine is where the first image is taken from :)

I thought it might be. 

• I have that tavern on my wishlist.  Looks like I'll definitely have to pick it up soon.  Very nice renders Sonja and @Fishtales.

Thanks!  I have had for a while but never got around to trying it (which is sadly true of a lot of stuff lol).  I'm working on going through and trying to render more of what I have.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Thanks!  I have had for a while but never got around to trying it (which is sadly true of a lot of stuff lol).  I'm working on going through and trying to render more of what I have.

I know where your comming from Sonja I have tons of new stuff I have not even pulled outta their boxes yet!!! I am working on it though lol!!

I know where your comming from Sonja I have tons of new stuff I have not even pulled outta their boxes yet!!! I am working on it though lol!!

Me too!

• Thanks!  I have had for a while but never got around to trying it (which is sadly true of a lot of stuff lol).  I'm working on going through and trying to render more of what I have.

Me too!

Yep, have tons of stuff I haven't even looked at let alone installed with all of the freebies I've gotten in the last two years.

Oh I have everything installed.  Hence the need for external drives lolol.  I finally have it all categorized and where it should be for the most part as well.

• Oh I have everything installed.  Hence the need for external drives lolol.  I finally have it all categorized and where it should be for the most part as well.

Yeah, well, you're a lot better organized than I am. :)  I really do need to get on the organization bandwagon!

Ya, that's just out sheer desperation lol.

edited February 2017

What the heck?  Why do I have to buy another version of this to download filters? 

Filter Forge 2222017 90417 PM.jpg
    1146 x 772 - 217K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    edited February 2017

Another V4 character Ladora with armour from Xurge.

Original

Some photoshop fiddling

And I think this is the oil painting filter

LADORA V4 RENDO.png
    988 x 1600 - 3M
    Elven Scout Ladora.png
    988 x 1600 - 2M
    Elven Scout Ladora 2.png
    988 x 1600 - 2M
  • I think my favorite is the middle one.  :)

Mine too.  The hair on that one and her eyes are a good example of what you can do with a the dodge and burn tool.  the brighter foliage in the background as well.  I could have gone a bit more subtle but I like certain bits to really stand out sometimes.

I am the same as KM I think the middle one is the best for me anyway!!

You really do some stunning renders Sonja!!

Thank you Sapphire!  I think we have all come a long way from when we all first met!

Yes I think we have for sure, though I am still learning 3Delight and what it is all about through Dracorn.

Yes I think we have for sure, though I am still learning 3Delight and what it is all about through Dracorn.

We are all still learning!  I follow along on all the different threads that have information about how to use Daz.  There is a LOT to learn!

• Yep, I'm still learning all of the time.  I haven't been in 3DL lately.  I really need to do some more renders in there.  

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

Nice renders. Isn't that the truth about learning something all the time. :)

Thank you!  And yes, just in Daz Studio alone, not to mention all the other software that's out there to learn so that we can make what we see in our heads. 

edited February 2017

I do not think the world is ready for what is in my head giggles!!!!

edited to fix spelling

Post edited by Saphirewild on

I do not think the word is ready for what is in my head giggles!!!!

Lolol!! 

surprise LOL

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited February 2017

What the heck?  Why do I have to buy another version of this to download filters? 

The filter you were trying to download probably has some feature only available in a later version of Filter Forge.  When you are looking at filters on the Filter Forge site, the number in the upper left of the thumbnail tells you what the minimum version needed for that filter is.

Filter Forge site thumbnails

image002.png
    675 x 351 - 201K
    Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Another V4 character Ladora with armour from Xurge.

Original

Some photoshop fiddling

And I think this is the oil painting filter

I like the oil paint filter - it really defines the armor and makes the whole render unique.  Good job.

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    MDO2010 said:

The filter you were trying to download probably has some feature only available in a later version of Filter Forge.  When you are looking at filters on the Filter Forge site, the number in the upper left of the thumbnail tells you what the minimum version needed for that filter is.

Filter Forge site thumbnails

Thanks!  I still have version 5 and this will save me lots of frustration.

MDO2010  thank you!  And thank you Dracorn I like the oil painting filter too, its one of my favorite filters.

edited February 2017

This is the base render.  Still working my way through the V4 characters.  I am in the middle of some postwork on this one so will post the finished picture when I'm done. I actually did this one several days ago, but got side tracked by my entry into the Carrara challenge.  Which may or may not get done in time.

green fairy.png
    1582 x 2560 - 5M
  • That looks nice a start.  I'll be curious as to what postwork you do on it.

Look forward to what you do also.  Good luck in the carrara challenge too.

This discussion has been closed.