Dental Plan for Genesis - Now Available (Commercial)

Comments

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Combine it with the thin teeth dialed in negative values. That morph fills the gaps on its own:)

OK

YTJustin_Teeth_Fix2.JPG
    1130 x 783 - 131K
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 1969

That looks super my dear:)

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:

I'm surprised that the teeth for that character is part of the head, and not something separate being so extreme.

And you can't adjust them to look right in the Mouth->Universal->Real World-> settings. (I tried)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Combine it with the thin teeth dialed in negative values. That morph fills the gaps on its own:)

OK
    Oh, thank goodness! He will be able to go out in public without being taunted and bullied because of his baby teeth. Thanks for taking the time to demonstrate the fix. It is a good selling point for your product. Is it too late to add a promo image to the product page?

edited December 2012

lol yes. All promo's are already complete. But at the same time we don't want to bash another product in the process..All we can do is show what can be done:) That should be more than enough:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 2012

Zev0 said:

I'm surprised that the teeth for that character is part of the head, and not something separate being so extreme.

And you can't adjust them to look right in the Mouth->Universal->Real World-> settings. (I tried)

It is weird it was done like that.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:

OK
    That looks really good. I've had my eye on this product for a while, and if I hadn't already planned on buying it, that demo would have sold me.

Of course, what you're going to need to come up with for a follow-up product is a set of deforming morphs for the lips and tongue so genesis can bite itself, chew its lips nervously, etc... :coolgrin:

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    lol yes. All promo's are already complete. But at the same time we don't want to bash another product in the process..All we can do is show what can be done:) That should be more than enough:)

Oh, that wouldn't be bashing, just offering options for a more mature teen look. Anyway, promos are done, so it doesn't matter.
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:

OK

That looks really good. I've had my eye on this product for a while, and if I hadn't already planned on buying it, that demo would have sold me.

Of course, what you're going to need to come up with for a follow-up product is a set of deforming morphs for the lips and tongue so genesis can bite itself, chew its lips nervously, etc... :coolgrin:

I was thinking of doing that but then Ironman13 released a biting lip set before me so I scrapped it. Just Genx her product and you have it on Genesis:)

edited December 2012

Zev0 said:

I was thinking of doing that but then Ironman13 released a biting lip set before me so I scrapped it. Just Genx her product and you have it on Genesis:)

Well, not really. Ironman's set is okay for normal dentures, but it presupposes a fairly generic set of teeth on a fairly generic mouth and is limited to nervous and "cute" biting. There's no individual control on a per tooth basis, so when you've got missing or unusually shaped teeth, especially sharp ones, it's going to look a bit odd, (let alone when you stick it on a face that's got some gorilla, Anubis or rhinoman dialed in.) And, needless to say, there's no hard-core "I'm biting my lower lip til I draw blood" or tongue biting morphs included. Ironman13 does great work and I have a pile of her product, but Realbite for Daz is only about 30% of the product I'd like to see.

Post edited by Cybersox on
    edited December 2012

Hmmm..Only way to solve that is if the teeth was a separate prop and set a collision smoothing detection between them and the tongue/lips when using a biting morph. However since the teeth tongue and lips are all part of Genesis, no collision can occur because you cannot set an actor to collide with itself. I can make biting morphs, but for it to react the way you want is going to be extremely difficult. Each morph will have to specifically cater for the shape you dial up and teeth and I can already see that as being hundreds of morphs to cater for every possible combination.

I will have to look into the best solution for this. I will admit, this is not in my production schedual. I still have 6 products to finish before I can take on anything new unfortunately. But as I work on those I will glance at this in my free time:) I always wanted to do my own custom expression morphs, so if I go that route I will definately include some biting features. I will have to do tons of research before I start.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Hmmm..Only way to solve that is if the teeth was a separate prop and set a collision smoothing detection between them and the tongue/lips when using a biting morph. However since the teeth tongue and lips are all part of Genesis, no collision can occur because you cannot set an actor to collide with itself. I can make biting morphs, but for it to react the way you want is going to be extremely difficult. Each morph will have to specifically cater for the shape you dial up and teeth and I can already see that as being hundreds of morphs to cater for every possible combination.

I will have to look into the best solution for this. I will admit, this is not in my production schedual. I still have 6 products to finish before I can take on anything new unfortunately. But as I work on those I will glance at this in my free time:) I always wanted to do my own custom expression morphs, so if I go that route I will definately include some biting features. I will have to do tons of research before I start.

Oh, it would be a big project... hence the reason for the smiley. My thought was that it would probably involve making the equivalent of duplicate sets of upper and lower "negative teeth" morphs, with each tooth pushing/pulling down an indentation equivalent to the matching one in dental plan... the idea being that if it slaved to the controls in dental plan, it would do most of the work automatically. Hence why it would be something best attempted by you, since you already built the first half of the puzzle.

Sounds imple enough, right....? :P
    (not.)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:

I know of one way to do it...but as to making this into a product ???

You create a 'proxy' tooth/teeth out of something like a cube or cylinder and then set it to collide with Genesis...

Genesis has have smoothing on and the 'proxy tooth' needs to be the collision object. Then you have to position the tooth so it intersects with the bottom lip/tongue/etc...but not the teeth or whatever behind it. Nor can it touch the top lip...in other words it needs to be small and thin. Then the opacity needs to be set to 0% (either in Surfaces or the eyeball in the Scene panel). Bellow is an example...the top image is 'without', the second shows the proxy, the third image is 'with'...

Now translating that into something that is 'universal' and works...not any way I can see.

I guess that using deformers would be another way to go, but is there fine enough control to 'attach' one to a tooth and have it exert enough influence to work?

lipbitew.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 277K
    lipbitep.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 278K
    lipbitewo.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 277K
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 2012

barbult said:
    Cybersox13 referred me to this product as a potential fix for the Justin baby teeth that I don't like. The new Young Teen Justin's teeth are tiny and spaced far apart. Will this product make his teeth look like adult teeth by making them larger and filling the gaps?

OMG, I cant believe they did this to justin. A three year old maybe, but 12?!? God, I dont recall seeing any teen with teeth like that. No friends no relatives. What a strange morph to be added to justin. Very grateful this product will fix it! Characters with the exception of Genesis Baby should not have extreme morphs on dentition locked into the full body morph.

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Yeah, well...I've always thought that most DAZ children looked a little older than their supposed ages...but those teeth belong in a toddler, no matter what way you look at it...3 is too old for those (I should know, all I have to do is look in my youngest's mouth...his teeth haven't looked like that for a year and a half...he's 3 now). By age 2 those 'gaps' should have closed up.

By 12 all the baby teeth should have been replaced with the permanent ones and the second molars should be coming in...by 13 all that's left is the wisdom teeth. The shape and position should be pretty much 'set' by twelve (that's about the age they start with braces), the only thing that may be 'off' from the final adult look, is apparent size.

Zev, by being able to 'undo' that mess...I take it that this, if we wanted to do that, would be able to replicate that dentition?

edited December 1969

Agreed on so many levels MJC. The last thing I thought to check was the teeth. Not came across a character morph that makes a mess of the dentition before. Makes me wonder if it's some sort of glitch that wasn't supposed to do that.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Agreed on so many levels MJC. The last thing I thought to check was the teeth. Not came across a character morph that makes a mess of the dentition before. Makes me wonder if it's some sort of glitch that wasn't supposed to do that.

Well, you didn't download my horsehead morph then...but to get the extreme shape there wasn't any way to NOT screw up the teeth...so I just ended up scaling them down to next to nothing and shoving them to the back of the mouth.

But for a 'normal' human morph...no, that's not 'normal'.

edited December 2012

mjc1016 said:
    Yeah, well...I've always thought that most DAZ children looked a little older than their supposed ages...but those teeth belong in a toddler, no matter what way you look at it...3 is too old for those (I should know, all I have to do is look in my youngest's mouth...his teeth haven't looked like that for a year and a half...he's 3 now). By age 2 those 'gaps' should have closed up.

By 12 all the baby teeth should have been replaced with the permanent ones and the second molars should be coming in...by 13 all that's left is the wisdom teeth. The shape and position should be pretty much 'set' by twelve (that's about the age they start with braces), the only thing that may be 'off' from the final adult look, is apparent size.

Zev, by being able to 'undo' that mess...I take it that this, if we wanted to do that, would be able to replicate that dentition?

Yep:) By combining the individual teeth morphs with the grouped you can get those results.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

wow Zev, you're really coming up with some excellent stuff!

edited December 1969

Thanks dude.:) means a lot:)

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,874
    edited December 1969

Where can I buy the Dental Plan Morphs? I need it so bad!

edited December 1969

All I can say is that it will be available Before the 10th:)

edited December 1969

It's in the store and I just bought it! Bwa ha ha ha!

Damn it, and now I have to go to Las Vegas tomorrow for CES, so I won't get to play with it until the weekend...

• FusionLAFusionLA Posts: 249
    edited December 1969

Buying another one of your products.
    Good Job Again!
    But what happened to the Gold and Diamond teeth? :)

Screen_Shot_2013-01-08_at_1.00_.46_AM_.jpg
    302 x 171 - 28K
    edited December 1969

Lol..Draagonstorm is the Material Girl:) I made a joke LOL. Anything material based is best diercted to her. I just make the morphs:)

edited December 1969

It's doable, but is it marketable?

As for the metals, there are already all kinds of metal shaders! As for the jewels, again there are plenty of jewel objects in the poserverse, and Marieah's Gemologica works great on those!

edited January 2013

Ye that is very niche, Grills and gold teeth etc. You will need a type of teeth masking layer in order to get seperate gold teeth since the teeth material is all on one:( But can be done, but will it be worth it?

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Hey everyone... Zev0 and I have decided to do a render contest!

Check it out at Dental Plan Render Contest

• Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited January 2013

Awesome. I grabbed this as soon as it hit the stores.

Post edited by Pixel8ted on
    edited December 1969

That is Awesome!

Congrats on your first Daz Item Zev! You two did a fantastic job!