WishList sort order

DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Please tell me there are plans to at the very least give us a choice how the WishList is ordered. By date added seems totally daft! %-P Who remembers when they added something, unless it was something they just added yesterday? My WishList is quite long.

Dana

Comments

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Please tell me there are plans to at the very least give us a choice how the WishList is ordered. By date added seems totally daft! %-P Who remembers when they added something, unless it was something they just added yesterday? My WishList is quite long.

Dana

Ack! I second that concern. I thought all I had to worry about was not remembering item names well enough to reset any of my older purchases (like remembering the Lovey Bear product file, which I bought over a year ago, starts with an S while remembering the poses start with an L), now that they are all in alphabetical order and not one one page where a simple webpage keyword search found it for me so I could re-set it.

I will probably just erase my wishlist and start new. That is, if my purchase on Saturday ever says available vs pending. Maybe it's a non-issue about my huge wishlist being crazy ... lol.

• GhostpantherGhostpanther Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

Same here ! I always liked to sort my wishlist sometimes from A-Z, sometimes in order of the price or if it's on sale or not.
    The new wishlist is nearly useless for me, because I can't sort it and this huge field for comments makes it impossible to overview the list and to look at first on the main information - which would be a bigger picture of the wishlisted item and a bigger font of the price.
    To decide, if I want to buy something, I don't need to write comments ;-) That means: everything important is on the left, but far too small !

edited December 1969

[... now that they are all in alphabetical order and not one one page where a simple webpage keyword search found it for me so I could re-set it..

Isn't that only the problem of the Itemized History ? Because my wishlist is not sorted alphabetically, but after the date - which never was interesting for me - whereas the Itemized History is sorted from A-Z, but not on one page like before and which was much better because of the keyword search, but now it goes over 35 pages, which is really annoying to search through.
    So I'm very glad to have my whole itemized History in an excel file - one under the other ;-)

edited December 1969

[... now that they are all in alphabetical order and not one one page where a simple webpage keyword search found it for me so I could re-set it..

Isn't that only the problem of the Itemized History ? Because my wishlist is not sorted alphabetically, but after the date - which never was interesting for me - whereas the Itemized History is sorted from A-Z, but not on one page like before and which was much better because of the keyword search, but now it goes over 35 pages, which is really annoying to search through.
    So I'm very glad to have my whole itemized History in an excel file - one under the other ;-)

I was just voicing how I had not even realized my wishlist was screwed up because I was focused on my IH being practically unusable now. I can't remember the names of everything I've paid for to remember the first letter wen I need to reset, which right now, is almost everything due to a computer problem.

With it set up like the way it is, I can't find anything unless I go through 100 pages of products.

So seeing my wishlist is also now useless to me, on top of purchases accepting my money but letting me download & my not being able to find what I have bought in the past, I'm not sure what to do.

Plus, the zip files just make it harder for me to know what to download. Rather than just downloading everything with the right product listed, now I need to pay attention further and make sure I am not double downloading.

Time is real important to me, as I'm sure it is to everybody else. Everything with this new site adds to my time delays. Even the fact that there are only three products per line instead of four. Also, my inability to do a targeted search within a category, now.

I could just cry! I love Daz, but I hate the changes. :( The wishlist news was just the latest heartbreak. :(

edited May 2012

I just found out, that the wishlist has in the upper right corner a RSS Feed, where we can sort after date and title ;-)
    And with the keyword search - like "Special Price: 6." or whatever you're looking for - you can get the chosen items on one page !

Post edited by Ghostpanther on
    edited December 1969

I just found out, that the wishlist has in the upper right corner a RSS Feed, where we can sort after date and title ;-)
    And with the keyword search - like "Special Price: 6." or whatever you're looking for - you can get the chosen items on one page !

Thanks, GP :D

I tried, but it gave me a 'feed not found' page. Do I choose the reader or google home page?

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

How can you sort this? It's just a list. It's a little more friendly to look at, but I see nothing for sorting. I'm using FireFox.

Dana

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited May 2012

Oh, ugh. I don't want my wishlist to be a RSS feed. I HATE RSS feeds. And I don't get any option to change the way I'm looking at the actual wishlist.

I really want to be positive about the new forum and store but I'm just hoping against hope that they'll change almost everything about it. The new wishlists are practically useless as far as I'm concerned :(. I'm feeling like just deleting the whole thing. I guess for people with only a few things on it, it's not a big deal, but

-Having the price below the product image and name instead of in its own column -UGH - I like to often look at the prices to figure out purchases, and it's hard to even find them the moment

-The "View Details" doesn't make sense - all it does is give you the name of the exe file. Those aren' t details

-An option to NOT have images showing would be nice.

-The edit button does nothing to edit - it goes to the store page.

-This has to do with both the wishlists and the stores. What's with the "Special Price" on all the PC items? Is that going to hopefully eventually say "PC Price" instead?

Post edited by Alisa Uh-Lisa on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Yeah, things on sale also say special price. If they said Sale Price or On Sale, it would be easier to at least find what's one sale.

If I delete my entire wishlist, I'm gone. I'm not putting all that back, and without it there...a lot of things will just never get into my cart even when I do have money again. There are things that I definitely want, when I can afford them. But I don't remember what all of them are!

We need to be able to sort by Title, price (ascending or descending), and we need to be able to see just what's on sale, like we could on the old site.

Dana

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Very cool hint...the rss worked beautifully for me.

Hugs

Pen

• LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I also have trouble with the new wishlist. It needs the "only view items on sale" option back for a start please.

• Cyn ArtCyn Art Posts: 0
    edited May 2012

Never mind.

Post edited by Cyn Art on
  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited May 2012

I can't even get the RSS feed to do anything, keep getting XML Parsing Error: syntax errors when I click on RSS feed.

Or it asks me to log in (again) and then gives me an error message...Takes FOREVER for the wishlist to even show up...at the old site I'd click on it and it would show up immediately :(

For those for whom this is working, are you then actually getting an RSS feed INSTEAD of your wishlist or are you then able to sort the actual wishlist?

Post edited by Alisa Uh-Lisa on
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

I just do not understand how DAZ thinks everything is an upgrade. It seems to me everything has been downgraded. I hate what they have done to the wishlist. The store is a piece of craploa. I just can not understand how they switched over to this new crap when no previous capabilities are available and nothing is working correctly. It just doesn't make sense. Why? Why do people turn their signal on after they are turning? Why do people enter the highway and immediately jump into the fast lane and drive slow? Why do rich people not pay taxes? Why are there no jobs? Why the hell am I typing all of this crap? Sorry, kinda lost myself. Yeah the wishlist sucks.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 1969

Woulda been nice if we could create folders in our wishlists and sub catagorize. IE, make a hair folder and dump all the hair I want in there. Or even make a "Must buy when I get money" folder, and dump stuff that I really want in there. Make sense doesn't it? The current wishlist system doesn't.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Woulda been nice if we could create folders in our wishlists and sub catagorize. IE, make a hair folder and dump all the hair I want in there. Or even make a "Must buy when I get money" folder, and dump stuff that I really want in there. Make sense doesn't it? The current wishlist system doesn't.

I think that would be awesome, but lets get the more important crap first.