Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

alanb11 said:
    Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Looks like an angry tribble that's just come out of the washing machine...
  • Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Speaking of ease of use.... is there ANY WAY at all for those of us that want to export exe's to create conformer hair to have an auto export at a reduced poly count like that plugin on DAZ Studio that destructs the meshes to lower poly count? I've never used that and don't know if it's safe or not for this sort of thing.

Hello Richard, about exporting to .OBJ, what you can do is to decrease the geometry complexity (it's a slider), which will decimate the mesh and help reduce the polygon count. But the exported .OBJ, while inheriting groups from the underlying model, is not auto-conformed automatically.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the info. But the obj can be conformed using the same methods used to conform clothing to Genesis so it has that built in scaling as the model is deformed, correct?

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Thanks for the info. But the obj can be conformed using the same methods used to conform clothing to Genesis so it has that built in scaling as the model is deformed, correct?

Correct. There is no difference between an obj output from LAMH and the OBJ from a hr2 hair.

Kendall

• commorancycommorancy Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

The workaround for this issue is to create a duplicate of your figure. Use one of the figures as the hair reference and which the figure is hidden. Use the second for rendering with hair in place. All of my renders have been done this way. It's not optimal, But, it allows me to create the hair on a figure, then import it back to the base resolution figure. Then, hide that figure and let the hair sit on the higher res figure. Granted, it's not optimal because to repose the figure requires reposing both figures.

Anyway, that's how I worked around the low resolution issue for my renders.

Thanks.

After you finalize the scene you should be able to change Genesis' resolution back to high.

Yeah, that's what I thought, too. However, I've tried every setting I can find and the resolution stays firmly low (short of converting it to SubD which can mess up texture mapping and conforming clothing). So, the only solution was for me to duplicate the figure. If there's something I am missing for how to get it back to high resolution, I'm all ears.

Thanks.

• StevieCStevieC Posts: 70
    edited December 1969

Alessandro_AM.....just about to purchase LAMH, but want to make sure my laptop has the required specs:

Gateway NV59
    Intel Core i3 CPU [email protected]
    4G memory installed, planning on adding another 4G
    64 bit operating system
    AMD Radeon HD 6500M/5600/5700 series
    HD 5650 Graphics 1G

I had severe crashing issues with the Garibaldi plugin, kept freezing during the clumping and tweaking stages, and would crash Daz constantly. Prefer LAMH because I can export as OBJ and render in Reality. Can't afford a new laptop for quite some time, so this will have to do. Not sure if switching the graphics card is possible or feasible. Please advise......Thanks in advance.....:-)

edited December 1969

The workaround for this issue is to create a duplicate of your figure. Use one of the figures as the hair reference and which the figure is hidden. Use the second for rendering with hair in place. All of my renders have been done this way. It's not optimal, But, it allows me to create the hair on a figure, then import it back to the base resolution figure. Then, hide that figure and let the hair sit on the higher res figure. Granted, it's not optimal because to repose the figure requires reposing both figures.

Anyway, that's how I worked around the low resolution issue for my renders.

Thanks.

After you finalize the scene you should be able to change Genesis' resolution back to high.

Yeah, that's what I thought, too. However, I've tried every setting I can find and the resolution stays firmly low (short of converting it to SubD which can mess up texture mapping and conforming clothing). So, the only solution was for me to duplicate the figure. If there's something I am missing for how to get it back to high resolution, I'm all ears.

Thanks.

There should be no problem AFTER finalizing your LAMH hair setting the resolution back up to high. If, for now, you have to re-edit your LAMH hair, the resolution will be made low again. We recommend that until we get the next update out, that you only set the resoultion back to High right before rendering.

Kendall

edited December 1969

StevieC said:
    Alessandro_AM.....just about to purchase LAMH, but want to make sure my laptop has the required specs:

Gateway NV59
    64 bit operating system
    HD 5650 Graphics 1G

I had severe crashing issues with the Garibaldi plugin, kept freezing during the clumping and tweaking stages, and would crash Daz constantly. Prefer LAMH because I can export as OBJ and render in Reality. Can't afford a new laptop for quite some time, so this will have to do. Not sure if switching the graphics card is possible or feasible. Please advise......Thanks in advance.....:-)

Your specs look fine. We've had some problems with Intel Gfx GPU's that have been resolved after upgrading the Gfx Drivers. There are one or 2 revisions of the Catalyst drivers that cause problems, but as long as you are upto date on the drivers for your OpenGL layer, your system should do fine.

Kendall

edited January 2013

As posted on this thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/14662/

Wolf by AM preset if available for free at LAMH Presets page.

black_wolf_running.jpg
    952 x 861 - 370K
    grey_wolf.jpg
    952 x 1200 - 370K
    Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • Type 0 NegativeType 0 Negative Posts: 323
    edited December 1969

it is beautiful

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Wow!! Nice looking wolf there, Alex!

One issue with the animals you made was the fur, but now with LAMH, they'll have a renaissance.

edited December 1969

it is beautiful

Thanks.

edited December 1969

Wow!! Nice looking wolf there, Alex!

One issue with the animals you made was the fur, but now with LAMH, they'll have a renaissance.

Absolutely, now those critters look happier with their new fur coat, isn't?

edited December 1969

Aroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

• AsgardNorthAsgardNorth Posts: 26
    edited December 1969

Oh.. I wish I had the Wolf now... argh, darn beginning of the month bills. :)

Really enjoying this program, the mileage I am getting out of the Bear and Big Cats now is amazing!

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Aroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Richard, I did this for you. I hope you like it...

wolf_howling.jpg
    878 x 1334 - 299K
    edited December 1969

Another render with a short style for 'Val'.

Val.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 108K
  • StevieCStevieC Posts: 70
    edited December 1969

StevieC said:

Gateway NV59
    64 bit operating system
    HD 5650 Graphics 1G

Your specs look fine. We've had some problems with Intel Gfx GPU's that have been resolved after upgrading the Gfx Drivers. There are one or 2 revisions of the Catalyst drivers that cause problems, but as long as you are upto date on the drivers for your OpenGL layer, your system should do fine.

Kendall

Thanks Kendall!

edited December 1969

THANKS Alex. WOOF WOOF

edited December 1969

A second short hair style for Val.

Val2.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 92K
  • Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396
    edited December 1969

Can 3 gigs of ram, an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.20 ghz E4500 CPU and an ATI Radeon HD 2400 handle it?

edited January 2013

A second short hair style for Val.

This is the best female hair style I've seen so far. Very beautiful!

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120
    edited December 1969

I am playing around and have much crashes direcly after rendering. Could be after changing the color of hair?

edited December 1969

Hmm...cannot say what I have done if it crashes or not... This time it works. Could also be there are haevy much textures in the scene at all...

edited December 1969

Mr Bowen said:
    Can 3 gigs of ram, an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.20 ghz E4500 CPU and an ATI Radeon HD 2400 handle it?

This is several times larger than one of the test platforms I use to test LAMH on -- 1.5G RAM, AMD Turion Processor, AMD Radeon HD3200. So you should be just fine :-)

Kendall

edited December 1969

Juju said:
    Hmm...cannot say what I have done if it crashes or not... This time it works. Could also be there are haevy much textures in the scene at all...

Do the crashes happen after the render completes? If so, then the issue may be 3Delight related. What are the specs of the machine?

Kendall

edited December 1969

Yes, I think the render was ready but then before I can save Studio crashed.

I have Windows7 64bit
    16gb ram
    Intel i7 3.5GHz
    AMD Radeon HD 6800

It is a little bit strange... now I have more in the scene (background and props and lights with shadows) and it didnt crash anymore....
    Dont know what it was....

• swordkensiaswordkensia Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

Hey Guys,

Can you say when the Update is due for release.???

I am awaiting the update before I purchase so a ballpark idea would be great.

Cheers,

S.K.

edited December 1969

Juju said:
    Yes, I think the render was ready but then before I can save Studio crashed.

I have Windows7 64bit
    16gb ram
    Intel i7 3.5GHz
    AMD Radeon HD 6800

It is a little bit strange... now I have more in the scene (background and props and lights with shadows) and it didnt crash anymore....
    Dont know what it was....

Hi Juju, be sure that LAMH is always open when you render, otherwise you might end up in a render crash during or after it has completed.

edited December 1969

Mr Bowen said:

I suppose it's a 32bit system, so yes, technically you match the specifications, but i'd say that you are limited to creating a maximum of 2 million curves (I experimented on a similar system that I have at home).

This discussion has been closed.