Star Trek Builders Unite 2 "Renderings on the Edge of Forever"

Comments

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Redfern said:
    Yet another revision upon my TimG inspired recovery ward depicted earlier in these two posts...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/204270/

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/205056/

This time I'm using my edited version of the Google grabbed vital signs readout displaying the "He's dead, Jim" stats. I also added divider screens from Ptrope's Pike quarters which added a hopefully interesting shadow effect.

Then, I updated the recovery beds with XCalPro's later versions. My earlier renders used his older attempt. This version has the pivoting bed monitor. Please note: one should shrink XCalPro's latest version of the recovery bed down to roughly 85 percent. This makes the width and height of the bed similar to his earlier model. It also corrects the length. His first attempt was so long that it was best suited for Ruk the android. ;-)

Finally, I made the material setting for the existing mattress and pillow "invisible" and positioned 2 copies of EnglishBob's free "morphing mattress" in their places. It's not demonstrated in this render since there is a shroud draping a dead body (implied by the shape), but 'Bob's mattress has 45 spots (5 across by 9 along its length) that can be "depressed" one by one wherever you position a figure. A rather clever alternative to using Dynamic cloth or "magnets"

Sincerely,

Bill

Looks Great

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Here's a Sci-Fi render I think most of the folks here should recognize, especially those who remember Babylon 5

shadows-coming.jpg
    1404 x 700 - 160K
  • PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

"Are you certain, Spock? I could swear I heard a little giggle from underneath the sheet - and it looks more like two people under there."

"I could attempt the Vulcan foot tickle, Captain."

Trek-Morgue-J-3.jpg
    1387 x 822 - 236K
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

http://www.sharecg.com/v/66708/view/11/Poser/DesertPlants03-04

Also makes a nifty "rare lavendar Tribble" :-) [need to use a fur shader for effect]

rarelavendarTribble.png
    483 x 529 - 283K
  • PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

Very nice! Great lighting, and I like the repositioning of the desk - that works very well. :)

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

jaguarry3 said:
    Rareth said:
    ok its not really a reptile, but its as close as I could get with genesis to a gorn with what I have so far.

I was always rather fond of the Raptoid Figure myself. Quite easily adapted to look like a Gorn except for the tail

WOW that's a good looking critter! Where did you find him?

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited January 2013

Represenitives of a government dept. we've never seen: The Federal Spaceflight Incident Analysis Teams. the 23rd century equivilent to the FAA's crash investigation teams. Whenever a spaceship- civilian or Starfleet is damaged in any way, runs into a spacedock, a meteor shower, Pirates attack or an act of war, these teams are sent in to investigate, and cataloge the damage.
    The red jumpsuits are to them what the Starfleet uniform is to Starfleet personel. The black gloves are so they don't contaminate the scene they're investigating. There might be a little NCSI in their work, too.

Edit: Forgot to mention that these folks are V3 and M3 using the flightsuit from Poserworld and what boots I had on hand. The black turtlenecks are just the torso textures turned black.

FSIA-Team-12--WEB.jpg
    831 x 534 - 155K
    Post edited by mdbruffy on
  • NV OracleNV Oracle Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Represenitives of a government dept. we've never seen: The Federal Spaceflight Incident Analysis Teams. the 23rd century equivilent to the FAA's crash investigation teams. Whenever a spaceship- civilian or Starfleet is damaged in any way, runs into a spacedock, a meteor shower, Pirates attack or an act of war, these teams are sent in to investigate, and cataloge the damage.
    The red jumpsuits are to them what the Starfleet uniform is to Starfleet personel. The black gloves are so they don't contaminate the scene they're investigating. There might be a little NCSI in their work, too.

Edit: Forgot to mention that these folks are V3 and M3 using the flightsuit from Poserworld and what boots I had on hand. The black turtlenecks are just the torso textures turned black.

Madison, I think you meant NCIS (Naval Criminal Investigative Service). I also think there might be a little CSI (Crime Scene Investigations) there too. LOL.

The picture is fantastic, but, if you can, you might want to give them a little patch on the left breast area, or a decal, or logo on the back, or a combination. Just a suggestion.

Eagerly looking forward to the new book. It's going to be good.

Your friend
    Oracle

edited January 2013

LOL!! My mom watches the show all the time and I always get those letters mixed up! ;-)

If I were going to use them in another story, I would come up with a shoulder patch or something. But they'll be seen working on the Enterprise and the scale is such, you wouldn't see a patch if there was one.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,221
    edited December 1969

Ptrope said:
    Very nice! Great lighting, and I like the repositioning of the desk - that works very well. :)

thanks! I thought that seemed more commanding, having the officer face the door instead of being to the side.

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

Page 6 of my GFO graphic novella

MOre readable verion on DeviantArt

Daz Studio render with postwork in Photoshop CS5

Done for Turbulence1973 Star Trek - Gamma Fleet Operations GFO. - http://turbulence1973.deviantart.com/journal/Star-Trek-Gamma-Fleet-Operations-269989115

GFO-page6-sml.jpg
    1086 x 1400 - 259K
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,247
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

Or possibly some Temporal Time Violation Investigating

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

Or possibly some Temporal Time Violation Investigating

Who knows? A case may cross over into the Realitivity's field.

edited January 2013

Did someone say Temporal??????

starfleet_dept_of_temporal_investigations_poster-sml.jpg
    1166 x 1500 - 259K
    Post edited by MotoTsume on
    edited December 1969

I need help! I was using a scene file important to the entire next book. I made two renders, saved the file, stopped for dinner, came back to it, and not only is the scene gone- BUT THE ENTIRE FOLDER has disappeared.

Does anyone have any ideas????????

Madison

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Do a search through the entire computer...not just the the drive you saved it to. You may have unintentionally moved the image directory to a sub directory of another folder. I've noticed from trouble shooting many computer, it's dependent upon the setting of your mouse.

-paul

edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    Do a search through the entire computer...not just the the drive you saved it to. You may have unintentionally moved the image directory to a sub directory of another folder. I've noticed from trouble shooting many computer, it's dependent upon the setting of your mouse.

-paul

I did a file search of the whole computer and it didn't turn up anything.

edited January 2013

the file search shows me the short cuts, but when I bring up the prorties window, it says the folder specified is not valid and to make sure ther folder exists and is valid. But when I go to my external drive and go to the folder where this folder is supposed to be, it's not there- when it was there just a few hours ago.

Just bought a file recovery program called "R Studio" from R Tools Technology. Anyone know if it's any good or have I wasted my money? Haven't installed it yet.

• jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited January 2013

I use Forensic Tool Kit (FTK), it is free and will recover deleted files.

http://www.accessdata.com/products/digital-forensics

Post edited by jmper on
    edited December 1969

jmper said:
    I use Forensic Tool Kit (FTK), it is free and will recover deleted files.

http://www.accessdata.com/products/digital-forensics

so where's the actual dowload link? all I saw was downloads for data sheets.

edited December 1969

Opps....
    http://www.accessdata.com/support/product-downloads

You want FTK Imager lite....

Look under Current Releases and then FTK imager

edited December 1969

The full version of FTK will work but it is 3GB and most of it will be locked out from use.
    FTK imager lite will be a smaller download.

edited December 1969

How to browse your drive and export the deleted file...all with smooth jazz.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hYrviofovY

edited December 1969

Just to add one more thing before I eat up this thread (sorry)...
    Yes, you have to register to get the free download (you can also just make an email account real quick and fake the details but you didn't hear it from me!)

This (FTK) and EnCase are *THE* data recovery tools for Law Enforcement, FBI, Data Recovery Shops, etc. They are not fly-by-night operations.

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

A handful of starship pics... enjoy!

ambushed_copy.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 267K
    breakingorbit.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 108K
    outofrhered.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 161K
  • jaguarry3jaguarry3 Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

Just posted some goodies over at DA

A collection of props in .obj format which I made Phase Pistol Enterprise era, communicator open and closed version Agoniser ,Libra and bat-leth. these are my own interpretations and not 100% accurate . Star Trek is the property of Paramount and all rights reside with them . These objects are fan art and should not be used for commercial work or resale other than that please enjoy

http://jaguarry3.deviantart.com/art/Immortal-Stuff-347201275?ga_submit_new=10%3A1357539582

Hope some one finds a use for them

Immortal_Stuff.jpg
    1475 x 971 - 175K
    edited December 1969

been meaning to ask, any news on those founder and jem'hadar morphs? - really needing jem'hadar for my graphic novella :(

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 617
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    Here's a Sci-Fi render I think most of the folks here should recognize, especially those who remember Babylon 5

I was surprised that no one on B5 ever came up with the punchline, "Commander! We've got crabs!"

Not. One. Single. Mention! :zip:

Great render, Rareth. But I would have to say, that puppy's got to be the Mother of all Shadow Battlecrabs--Looks a hell of a lot beefier than anything I ever saw in the series. I bet that fellow could probably trash any single Vorlon ship smaller than their Planet Killer :lol:

This discussion has been closed.