Would have really liked a pre-cart/2nd cart

I spent all week adding and removing items from may cart carefully trying to stay within budget yet choosing between 200+ items from my wishlist that were in the "a little flirting" sale. So I was all ready with today being payday to check out with my final decision when we were hit with another sale that would have let me add another few items to my cart, the gift card sale. Problem being is that it took me all week to get my cart just right and I would have to remove all those items, purchase the gift card, then try to remember and find all those items again.

If we had some kind of secondary cart or pre-cart, I could have dumped all the items there temporarily, picked up the gift card, then moved them back.

I know we have a wishlist for that, but trying to find the final 20 items out of a list of over 1,000 is still pretty rough and very time consuming :(

Don't mind me, just wishful thinking.

Comments

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,305

This would be a nice feature I agree. What I do when I am in this position is to open all the items I have in my cart into a browser tab each, then clear the cart, and later go back to each tab to re-add it.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Havos said:

This would be a nice feature I agree. What I do when I am in this position is to open all the items I have in my cart into a browser tab each, then clear the cart, and later go back to each tab to re-add it.

Fun when there are a lot to do though.

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

I wish I would have thought of that. Unfortunately I was still mostly asleep as I just woke up and was getting ready for work.

• Kaleb242Kaleb242 Posts: 344

Two feature requests that could solve the UX issues above, and reduce unnecessary steps for customers...

- MOVE ALL TO WISHLIST button in the shopping cart

- SORT BY RECENTLY ADDED in the wishlist

Adding a "MOVE ALL TO WISHLIST" button to the shopping cart would help — "CLEAR SHOPPING CART" has it's place, but we need a less destructive option, and moving every item individually from the Cart to the Wishlist is time consuming.

Secondly, the wishlist is supposted to serve as the 'pre-cart' — but the key missing feature is the ability to sort by DATE ADDED to wishlist. This is the ulitimate custom sort for customers, and I'm really surprised this is missing.

The combination of these two features would cut down on a lot of last minute churn during sales — having to open products in a million tabs, clearing shopping cart, re-adding everything back in... or individually moving each item to the wishlist and then individually adding them back into the shopping cart (potentially missing some items originally moved to wishlist from the cart, since there is no way to sort by date added to wishlist).

There is a long delay when moving items from the Wishlist to Cart and Cart to Wishlist — and it's made worse by the lack of being able to move multiple items in one button click, so a third timesaving bonus feature would be to add a checkbox system to the wishlist and shopping cart — so you could move all checked items in one click from cart to wishlist, or wishlist to cart, by adding a MOVE TO WISHLIST button in the Cart, and a MOVE TO CART button in the Wishlist, to move all checked items in one button click (a single request) instead of a bunch of individual requests, cutting down on processing time.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689

How about a save for later feature like what Amazon has?

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

this isn't exactly an elegant solution, but I shop in firefox and use the scrapbook extension to save my cart one, then clear my store cart, and reload it item by item from the scrapbook save, and do my balancing there.

the daz store site hasn't even managed to get around to providing secure login yet. I doubt they're likely to be budgeting time and money and coding for multi-carting features anytime soon, however wonderful that might be. :/

:)

j

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,735

I actually created a secondary account once with a different email and purchased a gift card and sent it to my primary email address so I didn't have to dump a huge cart. Not sure how that works though if you have products in the cart included with the gift card under the secondary account. You could still manually download the required products and it shouldn't be against the EULA since you are technically the same person, but you wouldn't be able to download through DIM or Connect under your regular account and it would be hard to check for updates... But if it's just a straight purchase of a gift card, creating a secondary account can be useful.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited February 2017
    jardine said:

the daz store site hasn't even managed to get around to providing secure login yet. I doubt they're likely to be budgeting time and money and coding for multi-carting features anytime soon, however wonderful that might be. :/

Actually they do have secure login, try https://www.daz3d.com. I always use it in my apps if they need to log in to the store. But apparently you can also log in via http, which looks a bit strange.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • I'd just like the ability to select a number of items and have a 'delete all selected' option in the cart page.

There are times during sales when I put a lot of items I've wish-listed from any number of artists, so that I can see how the offers stack up, which usually means having to cull away all teh non-essential items.

I'd just like the ability to select a number of items and have a 'delete all selected' option in the cart page.

There are times during sales when I put a lot of items I've wish-listed from any number of artists, so that I can see how the offers stack up, which usually means having to cull away all teh non-essential items.

They used to have the ability to add/remove multiple items at a time to/from the cart. I remember fudging up my wishlist trying to move too many items at once :O

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

There's a simple workaround; I right-click on the item one by one and have it open in a new tab. When I have all the items opened, I clean out the cart and do the other (gift card) purchase. Once that is done, and the amount safely stored in my credits, I hit "reload" on each of the items in the extra tabs. Then, I can re-add them to the cart. It works fairly well as long as you don't have too many items, but twenty or so is still managable.

• I actually created a secondary account once with a different email and purchased a gift card and sent it to my primary email address so I didn't have to dump a huge cart. Not sure how that works though if you have products in the cart included with the gift card under the secondary account. You could still manually download the required products and it shouldn't be against the EULA since you are technically the same person, but you wouldn't be able to download through DIM or Connect under your regular account and it would be hard to check for updates... But if it's just a straight purchase of a gift card, creating a secondary account can be useful.

Could you gift it to yourself?

I actually created a secondary account once with a different email and purchased a gift card and sent it to my primary email address so I didn't have to dump a huge cart. Not sure how that works though if you have products in the cart included with the gift card under the secondary account. You could still manually download the required products and it shouldn't be against the EULA since you are technically the same person, but you wouldn't be able to download through DIM or Connect under your regular account and it would be hard to check for updates... But if it's just a straight purchase of a gift card, creating a secondary account can be useful.

If you have two accounts they'll use the same cookie which can have some unwanted side effects in some situations.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

Could you gift it to yourself?

Sure, you just enter the email of the same account as sender and receipient. I do it all the time for purchasing gift cards with a monthly budget, rather than having many smaller purchases, I only have one foreign exchange fee deduction to handle.

• For those that don'r know, most browsers suport middle-clicks opening links in new tabs. So you can avouid the right-clicking menu stuff.

Here's a small Windows app that makes it a bit easier to store and restore copies of your cart if you need to clear it for some reason. It will work with any browser, you can use your normal browser for shopping and then store copies of your cart in the app.

Note that the cart copies are not saved so if you close the app they're lost.

How to use:

Start app, it will automatically load your current cart into the left browser window. If you're not logged in you'll have to do that first (if it says "Shopping Cart is Empty" you're either not logged in or your cart is empty). The left browser works as a normal browser and you can edit and work with your cart here as in any other browser.

The two other browsers are for storing copies of your cart. The Copy Current Cart button will create a copy of the current content of the actual cart, in the browser above it.

The copies are by default Read Only to protect the content, i.e. you can't navigate or update the browsers, only drag&drop items from them into the left browser.
    To update a copy to current cart status you must unlock it by unchecking the Lock Navigation checkbox before clicking the Copy Current Cart button. Otherwise don't uncheck that box or you may lose the content of the copy by accidentally clicking a link when drag&dropping items or whatever.

To add items from the copies into the actual cart just drag them into the left browser window and click the ADD TO CART icon on the cart page. See also video tutorial here:

http://taosoft.dk/software/freeware/cc-daz/CopyCartDazTutorial

Download app here:

http://taosoft.dk/software/freeware/cc-daz/updates/cc-daz-0100.zip

Ooooo, that sounds really useful :)