will Daz3D be adding mac 10.11 for hexagon?

Hi. just wondering will Daz3D be updating Hexagon to mac 10.11.laugh

And yep i'm new here.

Comments

• cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583

Considering the last update to Hexagon was more than 6 years ago, that does not seem very likely. However, if you already have some type of PC emulator/virtual PC, you could try the Windows version. Its been pretty flexible running on everything from XP to Windows 10. If you don't have a PC emulator, I would suggest posting a question here asking if anyone has tried running Hexagon in one before buying.

• Thanks cdordoni for the update.smiley

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

Hexagon was installed on my Mac when I upgraded to OS 10.11 and it still works as well as before. (Recognizing that Hexagon does have some preexisting stability issues that can be worked around.)

• I'm on 10.12, and running Hexagon is hit-or-miss. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes I get never-ending validation errors (up to and including on quit), sometimes it crashes outright. The bridge from Studio only works once per session - if anything goes wrong, I have to relaunch Studio before it will send anything again.

• cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583
    de3an said:

Hexagon was installed on my Mac when I upgraded to OS 10.11 and it still works as well as before. (Recognizing that Hexagon does have some preexisting stability issues that can be worked around.)

I spoke too soon then, thanks for correcting me. 

Dean,   Does the last Mac release run as a native 64-bit app, ... are there any memory limits on the Mac?

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    cdordoni said:

Dean,   Does the last Mac release run as a native 64-bit app, ... are there any memory limits on the Mac?

I believe that it's still 32 bit. I'm not sure if the Mac has the same addressable memory limitation as Windows 32 bit apps, but I would hazard a guess that it does.

I've never worked on a model so large that it came into play.

• Thanks for all the feedbackguys. de3ancdordoniMurgatroyd

• Not for the foreseeable future I have heard. To bad.

• de3an said:
    cdordoni said:

32-bit macOS applications can each use the full 32-bit address space, meaning they can use 4 GB of memory provided you have sufficient system memory installed.