New Teens Teeth Issue

Comments

• XenaXena Posts: 650
    edited December 1969

Thorne said:
    okay I just got back from my vacation in sunny Queensland :) .

Damn, wish I'd known. I live just off the highway and you'd have practically gone past my house. We coulda done lunch! PM me if you're headed up this way again anytime soon :)

• ThorneThorne Posts: 169
    edited December 1969

Okie here are the fixes as promised :) The usage instructions below are also included as a Read-Me file inside the ZIP...

http://www.ichloe.com/dollies/YoungTeens_TeethFix.zip

Justin and Julie Teeth Fix

These morphs correct the teeth size and placement on the Justin and Julie Young Teens figures. This is a temporary fix until a permanent fix can be implemented by DAZ on the base figure files.

USAGE:

UnZIP the two morph target files to your DAZ Studio 4.5 base "My Library" folder using the paths provided. Upon loading a new copy of Genesis, these morphs can be found in the following regions of the Genesis figure parameter settings:

Actor:Male:Real World:PHMJustin_TeethFix

Actor:Female:Real World:PHMJulie_TeethFix

(Note that this will be in the same location as the Justin and Julie full body morph dials)

Set the parameter value of these morphs to the same strength as you have the Justin and/or Julie morphs. These Teeth Fix morphs work on both the Full Body Justin and Julie morphs as well as the Head Only morphs.

Thorne <3 <br />

edited December 1969

Xena said:
    Thorne said:

Damn, wish I'd known. I live just off the highway and you'd have practically gone past my house. We coulda done lunch! PM me if you're headed up this way again anytime soon :)

Thanks Xena I will do that! We were at the Woodford Folk Festival about 70 K above Brisbane and it was awesome, but my white Christmas consisted of sipping frozen slushees in the 40 degrees C (102 F) heat lol

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,872
    edited December 1969

Thank you, Thorne!! This is how customers like to be treated! :) I very much appreciate the speedy attention you gave this. Thank you.

• edited December 1969

Thorne said:
    Okie here are the fixes as promised :) The usage instructions below are also included as a Read-Me file inside the ZIP...

I updated the description and comments on my ShareCG temp fix thing-a-ma-roo to point people back to this thread. Yay! Quick work, and awesome job, TY :)

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Thorne said:
    Xena said:
    Thorne said:

Thanks Xena I will do that! We were at the Woodford Folk Festival about 70 K above Brisbane and it was awesome, but my white Christmas consisted of sipping frozen slushees in the 40 degrees C (102 F) heat lol

Thanks Thorne quick work...I think your 40 degrees has moved south to Melbourne.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...thank you very much,

edited January 2013

...double post due to Magento weirdness.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • fruitwortfruitwort Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you, ma'am(?) That worked perfectly!
    :)

edited December 1969

fruitwort said:
    Thank you, ma'am That worked perfectly!

you are quite welcome! I should have the permanent update submitted today sometime so hopefully no more problems :)

• Arcane Von OblivionArcane Von Oblivion Posts: 149
    edited December 1969

Thorne said:
    fruitwort said:
    Thank you, ma'am That worked perfectly!

you are quite welcome! I should have the permanent update submitted today sometime so hopefully no more problems :)

;)

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Thorne said:

Justin and Julie Teeth Fix

These morphs correct the teeth size and placement on the Justin and Julie Young Teens figures. This is a temporary fix until a permanent fix can be implemented by DAZ on the base figure files.

USAGE:

UnZIP the two morph target files to your DAZ Studio 4.5 base "My Library" folder using the paths provided. Upon loading a new copy of Genesis, these morphs can be found in the following regions of the Genesis figure parameter settings:

Actor:Male:Real World:PHMJustin_TeethFix

Actor:Female:Real World:PHMJulie_TeethFix

(Note that this will be in the same location as the Justin and Julie full body morph dials)

Set the parameter value of these morphs to the same strength as you have the Justin and/or Julie morphs. These Teeth Fix morphs work on both the Full Body Justin and Julie morphs as well as the Head Only morphs.

Thorne <3 <br />

Does anyone know if the fix for the teeth has been implemented into the base figures yet? Or should I be getting this fix still?

Kharma

edited December 1969

use this one for now, DAZ will probably send out an email when the update is ready.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Thorne, just want you to know that in spite of this little issue, amazing work!

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

Thanks for creating a fix for this so quickly, Thorne!! Also Happy New Year to you and everyone else here on the forums! :)

edited December 1969

thanks everyone, I'm just sorry I didn't catch this problem sooner!

I have submitted the full fixes to DAZ for the teeth for full body and head only morphs, so it should just be a matter of a short time until they create the update.

Just in case anyone wants to keep the old versions or something in between, these temporary fix morphs can have the limits set to negative so you can actually have itty-bitty teeths if you really need them lol

Thanks everyone for your patience :)

Chloe

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited January 2013

Thorne said:
    thanks everyone, I'm just sorry I didn't catch this problem sooner!

I have submitted the full fixes to DAZ for the teeth for full body and head only morphs, so it should just be a matter of a short time until they create the update.

Just in case anyone wants to keep the old versions or something in between, these temporary fix morphs can have the limits set to negative so you can actually have itty-bitty teeths if you really need them lol

Thanks everyone for your patience :)

Chloe

Actually, I hope you submitted your fix similar to the temporary fixes rather than alter the base morph. Otherwise, you'll break any character that fixed them. My product is almost ready to be released and the teeth (which I fixed in my product) and the temp fix now over corrects them.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
    edited January 2013

whoops! double post

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
    edited January 2013

I'll pass that on to DAZ and they can decide how to handle it. It may be they will want to release both versions in the update, or just the fix morphs.

Great work on your characters btw ;)

Post edited by Thorne on
    edited December 1969

hmmm, sounds almost like me waiting to produce over top of a different base mesh even though I could correct (or change) that mesh in seconds. Example:
    I create a character from scratch using the Genesis base mesh, but, then I wait for the release of YT5 in order to put my mesh over top. That would make marketing sence for YT5 (now a Daz figure). It also would make sence to the person selling or creating that version of the mesh ;) . Why? Because that person was just entering into the market and never produced anything before. I am very happy to sit back and watch and I enjoy your characters Thorne. I am kinda surprised that Daz didn't add morphs over top for the bends though (nothing to do with you).....Movement morphs like in the ro package maybe? They bought yours, sat back and beta'd it out to a select few for additions ( hence the wait ;) ), then released.

I must repeat that I have always liked your work Thorne including YT5. Always like watching to see what is made of it. Glad to purchase your vision...

Oh BTW, Why would they break your morphs Media? The fix is only going to revert the YT5 teeth to that similar to Genesis.....lol

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Actually, I hope you submitted your fix similar to the temporary fixes rather than alter the base morph. Otherwise, you'll break any character that fixed them. My product is almost ready to be released and the teeth (which I fixed in my product) and the temp fix now over corrects them.
    All you'd need to do is dial back the temporary fix and it would be back to normal. Personally, I'd prefer it fixing the base morph as it saves needing to load in a separate slider every time the teens show off their pearly whites :)
    edited December 1969

All you'd need to do is dial back the temporary fix and it would be back to normal. Personally, I'd prefer it fixing the base morph as it saves needing to load in a separate slider every time the teens show off their pearly whites :)

Doesn't work like that. I need the new base fix to run all my morphs against. Also most PAs may not update their products because they're working on new projects, so it's important to get the morphs set the first time, and any fixes really shouldn't affect what's in the market.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Thorne said:
    use this one for now, DAZ will probably send out an email when the update is ready.

ok thanks Thorne..love your work. I have several of your product and they are wonderful :)

edited December 1969

Doesn't work like that. I need the new base fix to run all my morphs against. Also most PAs may not update their products because they're working on new projects, so it's important to get the morphs set the first time, and any fixes really shouldn't affect what's in the market.

thats why it was good for me to wait ;) even though im not looking to market for sure (still deciding)

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited January 2013

@Male-M3dia - Does Daz already have all the files about to be released? I recall seeing a video tut by Daz on youtube that shows how to merge different parts of an object/figure to return the specific part to its original form. It was explained as part of their FBM Morphs clean up tut on a sash model. Something similar could prob be done in Zbrush for the teeth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-SKYTOkVo4&list=PLE026B44096BBD507&index=7

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

It's easy to update a product though. Dial up the face morph, dial the teeth fix, export to ZBrush, import back in as a new morph or overwrite the old one and your done.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    It's easy to update a product though. Dial up the face morph, dial the teeth fix, export to ZBrush, import back in as a new morph or overwrite the old one and your done.

Not when you have 20 morphs to fix and 4 things in QA. ;)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

I never said multiple, did I? :coolsmirk:

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Sounds like a repetitive burden. I'll be worth it though. From the teaser pics I've seen, they are looking so cool :)

edited December 1969

...so there is a ver. 1.1 of both Justin and Julie out. I wonder if those include the fix to the teeth.