Will Poser light presets be able to use in Poser 11

I have some collection of poser light presets bought at Rendo and at Daz. Can those light presets be used in Poser 11 superfly render? Thanks

Comments

• HI ! In my opinion, the answer is yes and no ! Some lights work some don't ! By my experience "light presets" don't work but most lights do ! Strange !

• MorkonanMorkonan Posts: 215

I have some collection of poser light presets bought at Rendo and at Daz. Can those light presets be used in Poser 11 superfly render? Thanks

Yes, they can. The Superfly renderer (Cycles based) will "translate" your lights to its format. But, since Superfly is a physicality based renderer, a great many light setups that you used in Firefly are no longer really very useful as the quality you can get with even basic lighting in Superfly is greatly superior than anything you could "fake" in Firefly.

All lights work fine. However, some things do not work in Superfly because they're no longer needed. Ambient Occlusion settings for lights, for instance, is not supported in Superfly because it's basically unnecessary, since Superfly will take care of most of that with IDL and other settings.

IBLs and their light setups are supported. That's about the most complex sort of light setup I can think of for Firefly.

In short - Yes, don't worry about it, but you'll find you'll probably get much better results using lighting schemes specifically made for Superfly.