Red/Cyan 3D glasses recommended to look at this thread

David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Anaglyph Lens System test images. If you want to know and see more, http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/658/P60 but I thought thought I'd give everyone a chance to see if they could lay their hands on a set of glasses first. The content of the scenes is borrowed from things Horo and I have already made, http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/index/?limit=60&q=Horo+Brinnen&x=0&y=0 it's mostly just about testing the lens system. A final word of warning. If wearing 3D glasses makes you feel dizzy, sick or fall to the floor twitching and frothing at the gob and gibbering about Cthulhu, either join an apocalyptic cult or stop wearing them. They don't suit everyone.

Comments

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

Heyyyy another red and blue goggle head.....

The_Big_Wheel_small.jpg
    800 x 800 - 159K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited December 1969

my Android will only load the one picture
    (looks cool though)
    having connectivity issues

some of my silly anaglyph videos
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_WjkUgdNCo&list=PL396D0A55B0F92547&feature=view_all

• SalvatoreSalvatore Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

COOL, stereo niceness !
    I just thought of a new way to see these pictures in 3d without glasses !!
    (And in coller without the Red/Cyan trick)

You callibrate you're monitor to send, say, 50 images a sercond, and transmit the 2 images of the stereoscopic image one after the other in a sequense each 25 times a second, and plug a usb interphase in our brain that shuts of our left, and right eye of synchronous with the monitor,, PRESTO !!! :coolgrin:

(Walks to the back of my house to look for my collor glasses until a forum member dicedes to stick a usb intephase in to my head)

• SalvatoreSalvatore Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

**Glasses on**

Pretty, me likes ! :coolsmile:

I had the biggest expectations of the sf picture, but with glasses on I thought it is the weakest, shared stars and mountains backdrop spoils it, no matter, me enjoys !!

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 1969

Make a plug in for daz:) Shouldnt be too hard:)

• BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 785
    edited December 1969

Took out my 3D glasses and looked at these images. AMAZING!

We definitely need a plugin or tutorial for Carrara.

edited December 1969

Took out my 3D glasses and looked at these images. AMAZING!

We definitely need a plugin or tutorial for Carrara.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2045/#25304
    that is a link to the Poser tutorial I learned from. I don't know much about Carrara but I am certain you could do the same thing with that. Its just a case of placing 2 cameras side by side, do a render for each camera, then combine the 2 images in the anaglyph maker, its pretty simple really

edited June 2012

you only need two grouped paired cameras and for images, Anamaker or for my (some Carrara rendered btw) videos, stereo movie maker http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/stvmkr/

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

it was a lot simpler than i expected, there are also tutorials on doing the anaglyph manually in photoshop, i think you can get a better effect that way, but i don't have photoshop and i haven't yet figured out how to do this in Paintshop Pro yet

edited June 2012

some anamaker quickies
    and a fake anaglyph video I just uploaded
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG5NlFUQ5xk
    (fake because it is the same panning video shifted a few frames for left/right)

ana2.jpg
    800 x 450 - 405K
    ana1.jpg
    800 x 450 - 453K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited June 2012

Wendy,

It was much easier in Carrara than I thought. I created three cameras. A center one for setting the scene. Two parented cameras offset from the center by 0.1 feet. I use the center camera to set up the shot and then render the other two. Combine them in a program that creates anaglyphs (Bino 3D player in my case) and viola!

Thanks

Alley.png
    800 x 670 - 920K
    Post edited by BrianP21361 on
    edited December 1969

Wendy,

It was much easier in Carrara than I thought. I created three cameras. A center one for setting the scene. Two parented cameras offset from the center by 0.1 feet. I use the center camera to set up the shot and then render the other two. Combine them in a program that creates anaglyphs (Bino 3D player in my case) and viola!

Thanks

I got my new Red n Blue goggles ( no longer using the cheap paper ones ) and this image looks incredible, well done

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited December 1969

When you set up the shot with the center camera, how do you keep the other two cameras synchronized to its position? Like if you rotate or translate the center camera, how do the other two follow it?

edited June 2012

barbult said:
    When you set up the shot with the center camera, how do you keep the other two cameras synchronized to its position? Like if you rotate or translate the center camera, how do the other two follow it?

In Poser I parent all my cameras to one camera. I normally only use 2 cameras a left and right, I parent my right camera to the left camera, from then on no matter how I move the left camera the right camera follows it.
    Post edited by LycanthropeX on
    edited December 1969

barbult,

It really is as simple as LycanthropeX said. You create two cameras (I like three because the center one shows exactly what the composition will look like once it's turned into an anaglyph. You need to parent one camera to another. I, Carrara, I duplicated one camera, dragged it on top of the original to parent it, then typed in an offset in the motion tab. 0.2 ft is about the average spacing between the eyes. Then I turned on the lock constrain so the child camera can't move relative to the parent.

edited December 1969

Wendy,

Thanks for the compliment. Glad you got a good pair of glasses. They do make a big difference. I just got a big screen 3D TV that will read MPO files from an SD card. I've been able to get some images up and they look incredible. You don't get the same ghosting that you get with color anaglyphs. I've been doing 3D photography for years and tried to do it a couple of times in Carrara, but it just didn't seem to work. I'm not sure if my test scenes had the wrong scale or maybe they didn't have enough objects at different depths. I almost always use B&W anaglyphs because they just look better. Hasboro (www.hasbro.com/hasbromy3d/en_US/) released My3D recently here in the US. It's like the old ViewMaster except you put your phone in it. It has two lens and if you show a side by side image it works very well. It even works with video files.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the 3D camera advice. Parenting the left and right cameras to the center camera worked in DAZ Studio. I had experimented with the anaglyph technique before, but found placing the cameras very difficult. This technique makes it so easy! Here are a couple I just tried. The 3D effect is not real strong. Maybe I should experiment with placing the cameras a little further apart.

view_on_stairs_anaglyph.JPG
    766 x 792 - 730K
    Freefall_anaglyph.JPG
    762 x 785 - 422K