Basic Supersuit UV's for the Supersuit product have been fixed! Our voices have been heard.

123578

Comments

  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,194
    edited December 2012

    Baglet said:
    Amen to that. We all should submit Support Tickets and flood DAZ with this problem until they DO fix this. Wishful thinking, though. But if people would do that, a few hundred people, DAZ would HAVE to listen and no longer ignore this fix.

    I've just submitted a ticket, pointing out that this has not been resolved six months after the problem was first found. I attached an image of the UV map to show the problem.

    I did get the impression before though that they don't care about the basic bodysuit as they are so wrapped up in promoting the supersuit. Depressing as I haven't found a use for the supersuit but would like a standard bodysuit with no visible seams.

    Thanks for submitting that Support Ticket. :)

    Last time I sent one, they actually pointed me to the Bug Report and deemed the problem solved when it's not. So, I let them know that wasn't very cool of them and said as much.

    Post edited by Knight22179 on
  • GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 934
    edited December 1969

    What was the latest word on the bug report?

    Other than someone being assigned to it (finally), nothing.

    Ugh

  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,194
    edited December 1969

    What was the latest word on the bug report?

    Other than someone being assigned to it (finally), nothing.

    Ugh

    My thoughts exactly.

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 9,080
    edited December 1969

    You guys know that this will be something that DAZ will probably never fix. They are like ADHA children. Always on to the next thing without really releasing things without bugs of some sort. Just look at the DAZ3D website! :P I'll eat a beet if they ever fix the UV's on the basic body suit. I HATE beets!

  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,063
    edited December 1969

    RAMWolff said:
    You guys know that this will be something that DAZ will probably never fix. They are like ADHA children. Always on to the next thing without really releasing things without bugs of some sort. Just look at the DAZ3D website! :P I'll eat a beet if they ever fix the UV's on the basic body suit. I HATE beets!

    HAHA i may join you on this one RAMWolff! I'll eat beets too if they fix it... and i also hate beets , always make me ill, even the smell of them! I think we're pretty safe though >_<;;;;</p>

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 9,080
    edited December 1969

    Try them with sweet ginger syrup, or pickled with ginger... they are actually tolerable like that!

  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,063
    edited December 1969

    Oh i can't stand them pickled... ug!!! The smell is actually worse like that IMO.... my mother used to make beets at our holiday meals and i'd always refuse them.... the few times i HAD to eat them I got sick immediately! YUCK yuck YUCK!

  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 10,821
    edited December 1969

    Pickled beets and eggs are the best.

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 9,080
    edited December 1969

    I had them on a Thia Chicken Salad once pickled with ginger and they actually enhanced the salad rather than making me want to barf. Now Frank's idea, that makes me want to barf! lmao :P The idea of eggs and beets in the same sentence .... Oh my work! :gulp:

  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,063
    edited December 1969

    Frank I think an experience with pickled beets and eggs is how I acquired such a strong dislike of the beets in he first place... that and crimson colored puke. WORST> FOOD>EVER.

  • BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Are beets the same thing as turnips (or what my husband calls mangelwurzels)?

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 9,080
    edited December 1969

    Baglet said:
    Are beets the same thing as turnips (or what my husband calls mangelwurzels)?

    That's one weird word but here it is in the Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mangelwurzel

  • BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    RAMWolff said:
    Baglet said:
    Are beets the same thing as turnips (or what my husband calls mangelwurzels)?

    That's one weird word but here it is in the Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mangelwurzel

    He's from SW England, it's their dialect word. He won't eat them, says they're what you feed cattle with.

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 9,080
    edited December 1969

    Hahaha.... well leave it to Americans to like cattle chow! lmao

  • BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    RAMWolff said:
    Hahaha.... well leave it to Americans to like cattle chow! lmao

    What's even more strange is he loves to eat snails but picks the mangelwurzels out of a stew and leaves them.

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 9,080
    edited December 1969

    Hahahaha..... kinda like me with mushrooms. Can't stand them and if the food is laden with them and that's all there is to eat I spend more time fishing those slimy things out of what ever it is..... YUK!

  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited January 2013

    I am sorry if it can not help you,,
    and hope vendor set clean uv set for the surface group,,to easy to set new texture,,,

    I think basic suit is offered to customize by user easy,so need clean uv map,,, and grouping.

    but if just hope to change UV map to divide two part about torso,,(not change group)
    if use hexagon,, it is simply 5 minutes work,,I think,,,,

    of course , if want to release the new material preset , need to provide new UV set with the surface group I think,,,

    just export basic suit to hexagon,then select UV view,,

    hide other surface domain without torso,
    then select one face of front part in UV map,
    sift and + key, then select front part only.
    then translate,, them.

    after adjust UV map,, then export is as obj.
    In ds , on surface option, load UV map then select the saved obj.
    I can toggle the UV map,, in surface tab, edit,,

    then I can save the UV set as vnedor name.

    Now I load the basic suti, it has two UV set,,,..
    and when I toggle UV set to my made UV set, the part are cleane divided,,

    EDI
    then now I understand,,

    the problem is we can not offer the obj with new UV set,,
    I am sorry ^^; , just approve and send bug report of yours !

    newUV.JPG
    1211 x 697 - 157K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    The problem with making your own UVs is that anything you make will only work with that UV set and not with anybody else's UV set. So it really needs an official and standard set that everybody can use. That way any textures are guarenteed to work.

    I really wish they had sold the normal bodysuit as a different item from the supersuit. That way they'd have to take more notice and there'd be no confusion as to which one was meant.

  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 5,542
    edited December 1969

    I agree. With an official fix release, we can develop content without worrying who has what fix or compatability issues.

  • BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    I've had a reply to my ticket.

    Poor Jared is going to raise this with QA yet again. He said he'd fix it himself if he was good at making UV maps. I have added a note that several people are annoyed at the way this has been forgotten. At least he is trying to get things moving.

    Some of us only bought the "supersuit" to get the basic one. I don't have any interest in the sort of things the supersuit was designed for but have many uses for an ordinary bodysuit.

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 9,080
    edited December 1969

    Yea, the basic suit is all I really need and I really like the shaders so those made my purchase worth it. I've used the main Supersuit like 2 times and never saved any of the scene files for what I was able to accomplish. Just too much going on there.

  • DamselDamsel Posts: 201
    edited December 1969

    I was just using the Supersuit and basic suit last night. I would also like to add a logo to the chest, just as heroes always seem to have. But I don't see how to do that, if the Supersuit only uses grouping and shaders. Can someone point me in the direction of a tutorial or something on this? I did have a good time discovering that I could layer the basic suit OVER the Supersuit, and then play with having parts of the Supersuit jut out of it.

    I like doing superheroes, being a comic book greek from the age of 9. So that's 43 years now. Jeeeeze. Gettin' old.

  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

    Canary3d said:
    Will do!

    Have you considered using a UVMapper UVS file to distribute? I dunno if it would work, but it might.

  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,891
    edited December 1969

    Damsel said:
    I was just using the Supersuit and basic suit last night. I would also like to add a logo to the chest, just as heroes always seem to have. But I don't see how to do that, if the Supersuit only uses grouping and shaders. Can someone point me in the direction of a tutorial or something on this? I did have a good time discovering that I could layer the basic suit OVER the Supersuit, and then play with having parts of the Supersuit jut out of it.

    I like doing superheroes, being a comic book greek from the age of 9. So that's 43 years now. Jeeeeze. Gettin' old.


    You can't do this as the UV for back and front are on top of each other. This is why we want the UV's redone.

  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

    Baglet said:
    I've had a reply to my ticket.

    Poor Jared is going to raise this with QA yet again. He said he'd fix it himself if he was good at making UV maps. I have added a note that several people are annoyed at the way this has been forgotten. At least he is trying to get things moving.

    Some of us only bought the "supersuit" to get the basic one. I don't have any interest in the sort of things the supersuit was designed for but have many uses for an ordinary bodysuit.

    I didn't buy the supersuit for the basic one like you may have, but it was definately a pleasant surprise when I found out it was included! It's become very valuable to me.

  • Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 1,864
    edited January 2013

    Edit: I PM'd Jared to see if he wants me to help out....

    Post edited by Canary3d on
  • Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited January 2013

    wancow said:
    Baglet said:
    I've had a reply to my ticket.

    Poor Jared is going to raise this with QA yet again. He said he'd fix it himself if he was good at making UV maps. I have added a note that several people are annoyed at the way this has been forgotten. At least he is trying to get things moving.

    Some of us only bought the "supersuit" to get the basic one. I don't have any interest in the sort of things the supersuit was designed for but have many uses for an ordinary bodysuit.

    I didn't buy the supersuit for the basic one like you may have, but it was definately a pleasant surprise when I found out it was included! It's become very valuable to me.

    I recently bought the bundle when it was on sale. I have uses for both suits, but I like the fact that there is a basic one a lot, because that to me seems more like a comic book costume look, where the SuperSuit looks more like a movie costume style such as the "orange peel" kind of look from the Man of Steel movie. Movie style is okay and all, but I really like the fact that I can do a smoother comic book style on the basic suit. Also, as someone mentioned above, you can see some of the morph areas on the SuperSuit even if the morph values are zero. The V4 Bodysuit had that problem, where even if you used the hide seam morph or whatever it was called, you could still see some of the seams.

    Post edited by Mr Gneiss Guy on
  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,194
    edited December 1969

    Damsel said:
    I was just using the Supersuit and basic suit last night. I would also like to add a logo to the chest, just as heroes always seem to have. But I don't see how to do that, if the Supersuit only uses grouping and shaders. Can someone point me in the direction of a tutorial or something on this? I did have a good time discovering that I could layer the basic suit OVER the Supersuit, and then play with having parts of the Supersuit jut out of it.

    I like doing superheroes, being a comic book greek from the age of 9. So that's 43 years now. Jeeeeze. Gettin' old.

    Here are some UV Maps for the MAIN Supersuit. Won't work for the Basic Supersuit, though. Just open them in your 2D image editing program of choice and texture away.

    http://www.sharecg.com/v/62282/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Supersuit-Templates#commentAnchor

    Need anymore help, throw me a PM.

  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,194
    edited December 1969

    Baglet said:
    I've had a reply to my ticket.

    Poor Jared is going to raise this with QA yet again. He said he'd fix it himself if he was good at making UV maps. I have added a note that several people are annoyed at the way this has been forgotten. At least he is trying to get things moving.

    Some of us only bought the "supersuit" to get the basic one. I don't have any interest in the sort of things the supersuit was designed for but have many uses for an ordinary bodysuit.

    Good to hear that Jared is going to be talking to QA again. Hopefully, they will do something about it this time. I, for one, will not let this go until someone at DAZ does something about this.

    The G-Suit is a good suit to use, but it also has "something" showing up that doesn't make the texture look clean, not sure exactly what to call it. But still, a good suit for some uses. http://www.daz3d.com/g-suit-bodysuit-for-genesis

    If the UV's were fixed on the Basic Supersuit, that would be the better option.

  • BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    I've just had another message from Jared and it's good news:-)


    I've got good news. We've got somebody working on it. I don't know when it will be finished, but at least someone is assigned to the task.
Sign In or Register to comment.