Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD - **Updated 2019-03-28**

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the Discus! :D

And U.S.S. Dawnstar looks simply AWESOME! I see it's heavily influenced by the Enterprise-D design with a touch of the Ambassador class.

Thanks, Matt! :)

You're Welcome!

Doomsday machine comming soon followed by some drydocks. Im going through the list of ships alphabetically atm until I am distracted by something cool I really want to do.

• ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

[grin] Works for me!

edited December 1969

Drydocks were just added.

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 2012

Well, if I come across a super cool model that will distract you, trust me, Matt, I'll try to distract you with it. Heh. :-P

Post edited by Knight22179 on
    edited December 1969

Well, if I come across a super cool model that will distract you, trust me, Matt, I'll try to distract you with it. Heh. :-P

I mentioned in the ST thread in the commons that I have reached the letter "E" in the list of ships, as I work through them alphabetically, and I decided to grab all things called Enterprise and work on those first. And believe me, I have a few nice ones to work on. Also, I am not rejecting a model cause I have done one like it already. The first Enterprise model I have completed so far is the Enterprise-A which will be at Trekmeshes. How does it compare to the one at F3D? I dont know but they are both nice models and render well. I will leave it up to the end user to decide. The only Enterprise that is being held back until later, or even last, is a model of the JJ Enterprise. I am holding off on this one cause it is extremely detailed and I do not remember from the first time I looked at it as to why I rejected it the first time. I would rather take care of a few more models atm then spend all my time on that one but if it can be done and done right later on, I will do it. To give you an idea of what it is like, its got a complete shuttle bay with lots of details and a full complement of shuttles. Not to mention a lot of moving parts.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    To give you an idea of what it is like, its got a complete shuttle bay with lots of details and a full complement of shuttles. Not to mention a lot of moving parts.

Just out of idle curiosity (honest!) once you've got past the shuttle bay doors and maybe the spinning greeblies in the warp nacelles, what other moving parts could there be in a mesh of a Constitution-class ship? Opening doors in all the airlocks? A steerable big dish at the front of the secondary hull? An animatable guy with a broom visible through the big rec room windows...? :smirk:
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 2012

Did anyone ever see these???? Over at SciFi Meshes I found this pack of low poly BSG Ships! I converted them via Hexagon and they come into DS very, very well! Did everything at a scale of one, with Enterprise Refit as converted by MattyManx for size comparrison.

3DS format, with a single JPG texture. Very easily converted via Hex.

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=23

bsg1.jpg
    600 x 442 - 73K
    bsg2.jpg
    600 x 442 - 42K
    Post edited by wancow on
    edited December 1969

Oh, and just for S&Gs;... here's Atlantis from Stargate: Atlantis
    http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=11

Number of Polygons listed; "A LOT!"

edited December 2012

I'm really sorry if this stuff from SciFi Meshes has been seen before.... but my goodness WOW!
    http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=132

Out of that pak is this fighter. It appears these models were designed low poly for subdivision. I did a subdivision of 1 on it after running the OBJ through Hexagon, and here be this fantastic model...

By the way, for all these models, I had to apply the omnifreaker simple surface to get them to render well...

Goul_Fighter.jpg
    600 x 442 - 46K
    Post edited by wancow on
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    To give you an idea of what it is like, its got a complete shuttle bay with lots of details and a full complement of shuttles. Not to mention a lot of moving parts.

Just out of idle curiosity (honest!) once you've got past the shuttle bay doors and maybe the spinning greeblies in the warp nacelles, what other moving parts could there be in a mesh of a Constitution-class ship? Opening doors in all the airlocks? A steerable big dish at the front of the secondary hull? An animatable guy with a broom visible through the big rec room windows...? :smirk:

There is extra bits on the JJ Enterprise such as the Bussard fans and for some odd reason, fins at the back of the nacells move up and glow internally just before the ship goes to warp. The person who modeled this did not miss a beat and thus its a very detailed mesh and takes a lot of ram.

edited December 1969

The Doomsday Machine has been added. You can find it over at Trekmeshes.ch

edited December 1969

The Enterprise E, now with a seperate Captains Yacht, has been updated. The update is currently only available via Foundation3D as it has not been updated on Trekmeshes yet.

Enterprise-E-Poser-02.jpg
    900 x 900 - 424K
    Enterprise-E-02.jpg
    900 x 900 - 472K
  • shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the new enterprise Matty!

edited December 2012

Thanks for the new enterprise Matty!

You are welcome sir! :)

I forgot to include the link to the 3DSM renders for the updated Enterprise-E

I will add them to the OP as part of the list.

Post edited by Mattymanx on
    edited December 1969

The Enterprise-A is now available at Trekmehses.

edited December 1969

WOOT!!! At this rate I will soon have enough ships to challenge the Federation, Klingon's, Romulan's AND the Typhon Pact for control of the Alpha Quadrant! And I couldn't have done it without the help of Mattymanx new and used starship dealership!

• edited December 1969

And remember; buy from Mattymanx and get a free tribble!

edited December 1969

The TOS Enterprise is now available over at Trekmeshes.ch

Enterprise-00.jpg
    900 x 900 - 355K
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the TOS Enterprise Matty!! Can't wait to play with it! I will gladly donate my Tribble to Paul over at the Star Trek Thread he could use all the Tribbles he can get. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

edited December 1969

The Galileo Shuttle and Crew are now available.

Please see the readme about changing the name and reg.

Galileo-Shuttle-03.jpg
    900 x 900 - 430K
  • sdorseysdorsey Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

Has anyone else had problems accessing STMC's website? it doesn't seem to want to load in either IE9 or Firefox.

• edited December 1969

sdorsey said:
    Has anyone else had problems accessing STMC's website? it doesn't seem to want to load in either IE9 or Firefox.

Hiya, I just tested IE 10 (I don't have IE 9), Firefox 17, and the latest Google Chrome (I had to download/install to test it for you) and STMC loaded fine in all three. My OS is Windows 8. Good Luck, I hope this information helps.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited December 1969

sdorsey said:

Just tried it with IE9 on Windows 7 with no issues.

• sdorseysdorsey Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

Okay, then it must be my internet connection. STMC's website loads very slowly. I have Vista and IE9 at home and Win7 and IE9 at work.
    Network connection at my job has been a problem lately, but I did not expect to have the same problem at home with FIOS.

• baxartbaxart Posts: 0
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Enterprise NX-01 is now available

Its at the top of the list for Federation starships.

Enterprise-NX-01.jpg
    900 x 900 - 283K
    edited December 1969

Thanks Matty for the NX-01! I am looking forward to running her through her paces!

edited December 1969

You're Welcome Shadowhawk!

edited December 1969

The Enterprise Reimagined is now up at DA.

Enterprise-Reimagined-01a.jpg
    900 x 900 - 360K
    edited December 1969

Matty, you are my HERO!! Can I be just like you when I grow up?