V5 question, she's not very attractive!

edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi all.

Is the V5 morph meant to be used on it's own? Or am I supposed to use the Basic Female and V5 morphs in combination?

Using the V5 dial at 100% yields a puny figure that clothing does not fit very well, I've watched some You Tube videos, specifically Bobbie25 rigging a long dress.....when she has the dress loaded onto the base Genesis prior to doing the autotransfer (dress was modeled on V5) it appears to fit the general body size quite well.

When I dial up V5 she is about the same height as Aiko3.........is this right?

Thanks in advance for any advice or assistance everyone!

And Happy New Year!

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

When I dial up V5 she is about the same height as Aiko3…......is this right?

V5 is 95% of the base figure. If you scale her up to 100 she is the same size as V4.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

V5 also comes with a SuperModel morph that increases her height, and alters her figure a bit.
    Clothes made for Genesis should fit her, can you post a link to the item you are having problems with.

• edited December 1969

The clothing item is one I've made myself, was modeled on basic female and morphs quite well with most figures, however on V5 and
    V5 Supermodel there is distortion on the skirt and almost a squaring off effect on the bust portions.

As you can see in this screenshot the V5 morph is substantially smaller than the V4 morph.

Dress_on_4_figures.png
    1920 x 1200 - 586K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited January 2013

The clothing item is one I've made myself, was modeled on basic female and morphs quite well with most figures, however on V5 and
    V5 Supermodel there is distortion on the skirt and almost a squaring off effect on the bust portions.

As you can see in this screenshot the V5 morph is substantially smaller than the V4 morph.

Something is definitely 'off' there...V5 shouldn't be THAT different...

Select V5 and in the Parameters pane, click on the 'Currently Used' and post a screenshot of what's listed there. It's almost as if you have the V5 head on the Aiko body...

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

For a start off always work around the default androgynous shape of Genesis, because using TU to reverse the shape usually leaves creases in the breast area of the mesh that are hard to shift in DS.

Never rely on the auto generated morphs that DS adds to the outfit, they are always "skin-tight" and of poor quality, get used to building your own fit morphs for your clothing, that way DS will use them rather than creating auto generated morphs.

The two circles in your pic look to be the result of the auto generated morphs and V5's scale settings, like I already said "poor quality".

• edited December 1969

Not much showing there :)

V5_image.png
    1920 x 1200 - 440K
  • edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:
    For a start off always work around the default androgynous shape of Genesis, because using TU to reverse the shape usually leaves creases in the breast area of the mesh that are hard to shift in DS.

Never rely on the auto generated morphs that DS adds to the outfit, they are always "skin-tight" and of poor quality, get used to building your own fit morphs for your clothing, that way DS will use them rather than creating auto generated morphs.

The two circles in your pic look to be the result of the auto generated morphs and V5's scale settings, like I already said "poor quality".

The morph only turns out like that on the V5 shape........the Aiko 3 for instance works beautifully, I have tried modeling garments on the androgynous shape.......somehow the shaping just doesn't work for anything on which I want some detail in the breast area, ladies do have a dramatically different anatomy in this area :)

I have had fantastic results using the Basic Female shape..............