Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!

Comments

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Kodiak3D said:
    OK, I apologize as I'm sure this has been asked, but is this dynamic hair? How well does it animate? Anyone have a link to a video? I love the look of it in stills, but I'm also interested in its animation potential.

Hi, animationit's "working" in our experimental code, and will be unlocked in a future update. Of course we'd like also to build a physics engine so that hair will be totally dynamic.

edited December 2012

Interesting. So I take on Windows system that mix of "\" and "/" is confusing the jpeg loading in Reality. Will check that and if so fix it in upcoming update... Thanks for the catch.

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • DarthDDarthD Posts: 259
    edited December 1969

I installed it on my laptop and I want to install on my desktop also but the link for activation is not working. Is there a new link?
    http://www.gm-­‐studio.net/LAMH_activation.aspx

edited December 1969

DarthD said:
    I installed it on my laptop and I want to install on my desktop also but the link for activation is not working. Is there a new link?
    http://www.gm-­‐studio.net/LAMH_activation.aspx

For the desktop you'll need a new activation key. Please email me the Serial Number displayed there, and I'll send you the activation data..

• KrazyHorse2KrazyHorse2 Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

Interesting. So I take on Windows system that mix of "\" and "/" is confusing the jpeg loading in Reality. Will check that and if so fix it in upcoming update... Thanks for the catch.

Reality passes it on to Lux but Lux just laughs and ignores it. This Issue has popped up in the past with some vendors content loader files (PZ2's etc ) using the back slash. I always confuse the two on proper naming but the correct format for Lux is the "/"...

Have a great New Year....

Post edited by KrazyHorse2 on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 2012

Just a note for people quoting (and re-re-quoting) that snippet of error message — it's breaking the forum page structure and causing sideways scrolling. This makes replies on the same page difficult to read.

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
    edited December 1969

OK, I've removed that quoted text from my posts...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Thank you for doing that.

• hakcayurekhakcayurek Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

Hi hakcayurek, I'm forwarding this to Kendall so that we can take a better look at it. Some users reported that the .jpg generated by LAMH was somehow not readable by Lux (while it worked fine on other applications such as Vue, Octane, Keyshot etc.), and they had to open it in an external image editor and resave it, to make it work.
    So we'll definitely take a look, thanks for sending these details.

Thanks Alessandro and Krazyhorse,

Looking forward to an automatic solution :)

• edited December 1969

Sorry to be so stupid, but where do I find the installation code for LAMH. I have the SN.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

mnartist said:
    Sorry to be so stupid, but where do I find the installation code for LAMH. I have the SN.

Enter the code from DAZ on the 2nd line. Leave the code in the 1st line alone. Go to the website listed on your activation screen and paste the codes in there. You will then receive the final activation code on your screen that you can paste into the 3rd line.

Kendall

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

I am still not so good in doing hair, so I used LAMH to create some grass.
    Renders much faster than any grass prop and was pretty easy done (could need some tweaking at the length, but at this moment I am happy with it).

2012-12-31_Hunt_web.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 873K
  • michellecelebriellemichellecelebrielle Posts: 264
    edited December 1969

Hi, I finally got around to downloading my copy of LAMH, but I have no Installation code to go with the serial number so I can't register it. Am I missing something?

edited December 1969

mishwish said:
    Hi, I finally got around to downloading my copy of LAMH, but I have no Installation code to go with the serial number so I can't register it. Am I missing something?

Hi mishwish, please email me directly at info_at_alessandromastronardi.com

I'll help you through it :)

edited December 1969

sedor said:
    I am still not so good in doing hair, so I used LAMH to create some grass.
    Renders much faster than any grass prop and was pretty easy done (could need some tweaking at the length, but at this moment I am happy with it).

Beautiful render sedor!

edited December 1969

Here are two images, the first is the render as it came out of Lux/Reality, in the second image I added a bit of glow and color toning.

The style is the afro preset for Genesis available at www.furrythings.com/presets.

In LAMH, I opened the material setup and set hair root/tip widths at 40/20. Exported 100,000 hair to Studio, ran Reality and used a Matte Translucent shader for the hair.
    I stopped the render after 30 minutes.

reality_lamh_2.jpg
    714 x 755 - 329K
    reality_lamh_1.jpg
    714 x 755 - 287K
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I think vendors should seriously think about making presets in LAMH from some of their previously released hairs, when they're up and running with the software. Maybe make speciality shaders for LAMH of different types of hair? Just an idea.

Anyway, I rendered with the standard shader and exported as Renderman splines. This picture is basically an icon for the RE-crowd of Wesker. Probably the closest one I've ever made of the man.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/8331049720/in/photostream

:)

8331049720_cb347e59a2_c.jpg
    800 x 800 - 151K
  • swordkensiaswordkensia Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

I understand that LAMH can only currently be applied to one figure in a scene???..so if I wanted to 'fur' four or five Rats then that would not be possible.????

If I am correct, when will this limitation be addressed.????

I am waiting to purchase..hint hint.!!!.. ;)

S.K.

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

*grrr* forum has had a hickup... so again:

You can have more than one item using LAMH.

If you look back in this thread you can see two renders I posted one shows clothes with fur done with LAMH (the cloth are two seperate objects) and the second renders shows you grass which I have done with LAMH (the grass in the foreground is a plane, the grass at the "hills" is a second object).

So, yes, you can use LAMH for more than one figure, but you can edit just one at a time.

edited December 1969

I understand that LAMH can only currently be applied to one figure in a scene???..so if I wanted to 'fur' four or five Rats then that would not be possible.????

If I am correct, when will this limitation be addressed.????

I am waiting to purchase..hint hint.!!!.. ;)

S.K.

Absolutely, we are working on that. Multiple LAMH'd figures is critical to our plans for DAZ Domination :-).

Kendall

• FyredrygyonFyredrygyon Posts: 763
    edited December 1969

How much longer will Look At My Hair be on sale? Is it going to be on sale up to this Friday or ending sooner?

edited December 1969

How much longer will Look At My Hair be on sale? Is it going to be on sale up to this Friday or ending sooner?

It's on sale 4 weeks, starting the 21st December.

• ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited December 1969

Arrggg! It's not working. I click New Look at My Hair Object, I get a progress bar that says "Please Wait", and then Studio crashes. I uninstalled and reinstalled DAZ Studio 4.5.1.6, redownloaded and reinstalled LAMH but I still get the same thing. Any Ideas?

Coldrake

edited December 1969

Coldrake said:
    Arrggg! It's not working. I click New Look at My Hair Object, I get a progress bar that says "Please Wait", and then Studio crashes. I uninstalled and reinstalled DAZ Studio 4.5.1.6, redownloaded and reinstalled LAMH but I still get the same thing. Any Ideas?

Coldrake

Please send me your log file so that I can take a look at info_at_alessandromastronardi.com
    Thanks

edited December 1969

Now that's what I call fast service! I just sent the file. Thanks for your help Alessandro.

Coldrake

edited December 1969

Coldrake said:
    Now that's what I call fast service! I just sent the file. Thanks for your help Alessandro.

Coldrake

Thanks to you for your patience. I'm taking a look at it now :)

edited December 1969

Coldrake said:

Coldrake

Up and running! Thanks for such a quick response, especially on a holiday. I'm off to play! :-)

Coldrake

edited December 1969

Coldrake said:
    Coldrake said:

Coldrake

Up and running! Thanks for such a quick response, especially on a holiday. I'm off to play! :-)

Coldrake

Have fun with it! :)

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

Ok, I have been working on a project for the last couple of days, that uses LAMH. My goal was to make a nice long beard for 3D Universe's Rex. I got something that I can work with. I still need to play with the painting option. Not as happy with my edges. You can see the render here:
    http://www.dreamslayerartworks.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=3373&title=old-father-time&cat=592

I have attached a portion of the render (beard part) for your looky loo.

But the most important part is the following things I find that could be considered, improvements, issues and bugs.

Improvements:
    I would really like to see values for all of the functions, spheirize, curl, length, tilt roots, swirl, taper, random roots, intensity etc etc. I mean all of them. The reason I want these is when I am creating several shave groups, I would like to have a start from or just the ability to set up the same conditions. Currently that can't happen.

Issues:
    On this project I had to close Studio midway through the project, so I saved my scene and I saved my preset but there is no way that I could see to safely get back to work. What I found I had to do was create a new hair, which opened up the plug-in and then I loaded up the pre-set and then sent it back to Studio. (Any other way caused crashes.) This method is all well and good execpt that I had removed the underlining texture from my hair but when I reopened up the pre-set LAMH had replaced it. I had to go back in and remove that reference. No biggie but I think that the pre-set should contain all of the changed options and not just some.

No undo after the follicles step. Some undo buttons on all those wonderful options (spherize, curl, length, etc) would be most helpful. What I finally did was to have two files. My I want to save this for sure and maybe I want to save this. This way if I got heavy handed I could go back to just before then and use that file. This worked ok but sometimes I forgot and then there was blue smoke around my desk.

Bugs:
    The scene I was working on had two genesis-figures. Every time I tried to change the position of either one my session of DAZ crashed. I will send my log file to Kendall if he wants it.

When I was finished with making changes to the group materials of the shave group I clicked on the "load to" (Button 4 at the top of the window) the window closes and the pop-up window comes up asking if I want to save and exit. I say yes and LAMH does something and then the materials window comes up again. On your videos this does not occur so is this a bug? And what do you need to see if you want to reproduce the event?

Well that's all for now.

Wizard-LAMH.jpg
    411 x 706 - 292K
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Ok, I have been working on a project for the last couple of days, that uses LAMH. My goal was to make a nice long beard for 3D Universe's Rex. I got something that I can work with. I still need to play with the painting option. Not as happy with my edges. You can see the render here:
    http://www.dreamslayerartworks.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=3373&title=old-father-time&cat=592

I have attached a portion of the render (beard part) for your looky loo.

But the most important part is the following things I find that could be considered, improvements, issues and bugs.

Improvements:
    I would really like to see values for all of the functions, spheirize, curl, length, tilt roots, swirl, taper, random roots, intensity etc etc. I mean all of them. The reason I want these is when I am creating several shave groups, I would like to have a start from or just the ability to set up the same conditions. Currently that can't happen.

Issues:
    On this project I had to close Studio midway through the project, so I saved my scene and I saved my preset but there is no way that I could see to safely get back to work. What I found I had to do was create a new hair, which opened up the plug-in and then I loaded up the pre-set and then sent it back to Studio. (Any other way caused crashes.) This method is all well and good execpt that I had removed the underlining texture from my hair but when I reopened up the pre-set LAMH had replaced it. I had to go back in and remove that reference. No biggie but I think that the pre-set should contain all of the changed options and not just some.

No undo after the follicles step. Some undo buttons on all those wonderful options (spherize, curl, length, etc) would be most helpful. What I finally did was to have two files. My I want to save this for sure and maybe I want to save this. This way if I got heavy handed I could go back to just before then and use that file. This worked ok but sometimes I forgot and then there was blue smoke around my desk.

Bugs:
    The scene I was working on had two genesis-figures. Every time I tried to change the position of either one my session of DAZ crashed. I will send my log file to Kendall if he wants it.

When I was finished with making changes to the group materials of the shave group I clicked on the "load to" (Button 4 at the top of the window) the window closes and the pop-up window comes up asking if I want to save and exit. I say yes and LAMH does something and then the materials window comes up again. On your videos this does not occur so is this a bug? And what do you need to see if you want to reproduce the event?

Well that's all for now.

Absolutely I want the logfile. Any crash is unacceptable. I'll ask questions after I have a chance to digest/try to replicate the issues.

Kendall

This discussion has been closed.