The Brand new Avatars thread 14

Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,679
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Here is another attempt at making Avatars thread 14. Welcome to the Avatars 14 thread! Oh wait we do not have avatars at the moment.
How about describe what kind of avatar you are hoping to use?

I hope we can get avatars soon. LycanthropeX are you around? Have you seen that we can post here now?

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It seems that the forums work much diff than the old ones but I will get used to it in time.
    We have the Complaint Thread back
    Now we have the Avatars Thread back
    and my Stupid Thread is back
    I hope they figure out how to roll threads up as they get new post. That was a very nice feature I will miss.
    See ya in the FORUMS.

• ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910
    edited December 1969

Avatar? I haven't thought of it yet. I don't think I would be able to find my old one, so possibly the face of one of my role-playing characters that I have created in Studio.

• ssweetessweete Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

got my new avie ready, but it wont upload :(

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

They're working on the Avatar-thingie, so it's best to lubricate with some patience-butter. And eat your cake (as it isn't a lie)...

Anyway, I'm glad the forums are open. All is well.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

My old Wolffie blink won't upload either but my signature profile picture was supposedly accepted, no errors but don't see it!

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,549
    edited December 1969

I am thinking about making a new avatar for the new forum, but I am afraid no one will recognize me if I do. :smirk: It is very weird to have to actually read the names of who is posting. I rely on those little pictures so much without even conscientiously noticing it.
    It looks like we can have (a little) fun with signature lines though.

edited December 1969

I hear ya.... I always see the avatar and then know who it is instantly! Amazing how visual we are... oh that's right, we are visual, were artist! :P

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

I've been trying to think of a new one to use for a fresh start but I haven't come up with anything yet. I still have a copy of my old one though if I end up going back to that instead LoL

I also go by avatars a lot, especially for the staff. It makes it faster to skim large topics and looking for specific replies :D

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,679
    edited December 1969

I made this one to see if I can get the avatar thing to work. It took less than six seconds or maybe three seconds to make. The difficult part was aligning the text so it was all visible.

realsimpleavatar.jpg
    100 x 100 - 3K
  • TZORGTZORG Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

Posting just to check in

This downtime etc. has really affected my level of interest in 3D.

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

Wow, an image! I wonder if this means somebody is fixing the problem that prevents images from displaying on the forums?

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

I made an avatar too! With the new visual shaders! Although now I think I should redo it.

skiriki-avatar.png
    100 x 100 - 17K
    edited December 1969

I want my Wolffie Blinkie back up! It's the one I always default back on!

WolffBlink.gif
    79 x 100 - 4K
  • DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited May 2012

TZORG said:
    Posting just to check in

This downtime etc. has really affected my level of interest in 3D.

Strangely enough it I felt the same way lol. (i checked out a different sites forum to fill the void and all it did was make me want to run and hide O.o )

Post edited by DireBunny on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...The No Avatars Yet Avatars Thread

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

morning peeps

edited December 1969

morning LX.

edited December 1969

its a bit odd having an avatars thread... when we have no avatars

edited December 1969

I was hoping this would encourage them to make the avatars work so we can have avatars again.

Hey LycanthropeX! It is so cool to see you.

Micah got neutered yesterday. Now to get Melody spayed. the problem with her is that she is pregnant.

edited December 1969

You could always do this.
    !Avatar_04.jpg
    100 x 100 - 9K
    edited May 2012

Jaderail said:
    It seems that the forums work much diff than the old ones but I will get used to it in time.
    We have the Complaint Thread back
    Now we have the Avatars Thread back
    and my Stupid Thread is back
    I hope they figure out how to roll threads up as they get new post. That was a very nice feature I will miss.
    See ya in the FORUMS.

...I noticed.

When I tired to post this it threw me to the login page even though I was already logged in. When I returned to the post and submitted again, everything I had written was gone and only the quote remained.

I also have to keep ticking the "Notify me" box even after previewing the post.

Will be posting more detailed comments over in the "New Complaint Thread"

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

i should post more, but the bloody forums hate me

edited December 1969

They do not like me either. I probably should post more too.

I need to eat something and take my medicine. I probably should turn on a light too.

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

I think these forums hate a lot of people, but that's okay i feel the same way about these forums lol. they just seem to lack any personality i guess.

I would have just thought new forums would have meant cool looking forums.

edited December 1969

I'm getting lots of post errors myself KK, and I dont get notices from all my threads (I'm a thread head). I've been logged out during post, logged out reading threads, logged out from the shop to the forums, logged out from the forums to the shop.
    Something is very very wrong somewhere.

edited December 1969

I have hot pockets in the microwave ready for me to eat them. I just need to wash a cup and pour something to drink. I also need to get a bottle water ready so I can take my medicine.

edited December 1969

grabs hot pockets and runs

edited December 1969

I opened the lid to the container of cat food. Now there is two cats eating out of it so I cannot get into it and put some food in the bowl. One of them is full now. The other one is still eating.

edited May 2012

Jaderail said:
    I'm getting lots of post errors myself KK, and I dont get notices from all my threads (I'm a thread head). I've been logged out during post, logged out reading threads, logged out from the shop to the forums, logged out from the forums to the shop.
    Something is very very wrong somewhere.

...yeah seems there are a few gremlins in the system yet that won't be attended to for the next couple days because of the holiday. Just have to bear with it for now I guess.

At least it's not as critical as flight management software for a fly by wire jetliner.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

grabs hot pockets and runs

I think they are cheese pizza or something with lots of cheese. The box is in the freezer so not totally sure.
    Are you still a community volunteer?