N.G.S. Anagenessis II - Revolution [Commercial]

Comments

• Well...thanks for the suggestions, but nothing's working for me. The more I try, the more messed up it gets. Now he's got a nipple on his shoulder! Ahhhh! LOL I don't suppose anyone has written a specific step-by-step tutorial anywhere for my situation..? :)

Remind me what product you're using for legacy figures to newers please. Maybe I have it and make my tests! I had done my tests but I have to remember them again!

• Well...thanks for the suggestions, but nothing's working for me. The more I try, the more messed up it gets. Now he's got a nipple on his shoulder! Ahhhh! LOL I don't suppose anyone has written a specific step-by-step tutorial anywhere for my situation..? :)

OK. I have it. I'm making my tests...

• Dimension-ZDimension-Z Posts: 352
    edited February 2017

Well...thanks for the suggestions, but nothing's working for me. The more I try, the more messed up it gets. Now he's got a nipple on his shoulder! Ahhhh! LOL I don't suppose anyone has written a specific step-by-step tutorial anywhere for my situation..? :)

OK. As I saw the plugin creates different surfaces names than M4 Original Surfaces Names. For example converted "Neck", is "2_SkinNeck" in default M4 or Genesis (the first) Figures.

As my script works with surfaces names, you have two ways:

1. Apply NGS manually as it mentioned previously (if you don't have the freebie script here's the link with instructions: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t4k1zybc3b54its/NGS 2 Freebie Script.zip?dl=0)

2. Rename Converted Surfaces to Default M4 Surfaces Names or to M7 Surfaces Names (as M7 doesn't have "neck" or "forearms" etc by default). If you make the first Apply Genesis Script, if the Second Apply Genesis 3 Script.

Tutorial how to rename surfaces: 

I hope they are all clear for you now! If you have any question don't be afraid to ask again!

Thank you

Dimension-Z

Post edited by Dimension-Z on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449

I keep reading that there is a manual available for this product - where do I find it? All I can find is a PDF screen shot of the Surfaces panel. Is that what we call a manual?

I have no idea how to use the product on non-human items or props such as male anatomy (not the DAZ ones). The readme that comes with the freebie only talks about regular genesis material zones such as hip, leg, cornea, etc., none of which apply to a prop. Nor do I know what to do with the brightness, lip gloss or pores - I can't find an explanation anywhere.

• marble said:

I keep reading that there is a manual available for this product - where do I find it? All I can find is a PDF screen shot of the Surfaces panel. Is that what we call a manual?

I have no idea how to use the product on non-human items or props such as male anatomy (not the DAZ ones). The readme that comes with the freebie only talks about regular genesis material zones such as hip, leg, cornea, etc., none of which apply to a prop. Nor do I know what to do with the brightness, lip gloss or pores - I can't find an explanation anywhere.

My freebie script is that manually apply for Non Genesis Figures and Any Prop:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t4k1zybc3b54its/NGS 2 Freebie Script.zip?dl=0

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,256
    marble said:

For that sort of stuff, i use the manual settings; remember that it doesn't change the surfaces to new surfaces i.e... if you are apply the manual shader (new NGS shader, and what else you want like pore size, gloss etc.. iot is still what it is...   If i was converting an M4 satyr, i would select all of the skin surfaces (arms, legs, torso, face etc...), use the manual shader, add medium pores, apply the manual script. I would repeat next with cornea shader, apply script etc... and reperat until everything has had shader and script applied including gens. For the horns, tail etc..., I just apply the default manual shader and script (well pores for the tail and semigloss for the tail) then done! It takes about three to five minutes.

• nemesis10 said:
    marble said:

For that sort of stuff, i use the manual settings; remember that it doesn't change the surfaces to new surfaces i.e... if you are apply the manual shader (new NGS shader, and what else you want like pore size, gloss etc.. iot is still what it is...   If i was converting an M4 satyr, i would select all of the skin surfaces (arms, legs, torso, face etc...), use the manual shader, add medium pores, apply the manual script. I would repeat next with cornea shader, apply script etc... and reperat until everything has had shader and script applied including gens. For the horns, tail etc..., I just apply the default manual shader and script (well pores for the tail and semigloss for the tail) then done! It takes about three to five minutes.

Thank you Nemesis for this completed guide!

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited February 2017

In the product description it says "N.G.S. 2 appeals to both amateurs and professionals, since it can be used as a Merchant Resource" - has there been any character or characters released in the Daz store yet that uses N.G.S. 2?

Post edited by 3Diva on
    nemesis10 said:
    marble said:

I'm sorry but this doesn't answer either question. Firstly, where can I find the manual? Secondly. the freebie specifies material zones for a basic character - not for props, etc. So saying do it manually is all very well if you know how to do that but I can't see a material zone for a lemon or a male genital prop. 

Here's what I mean. The readme says I need to copy the materials as follows:

6.  Go to folder /data/Dimension-Z/Anagenessis 2
    7.  Copy all Shader/Materials files or only the mains:
        Cornea.duf
        Eyes Shader.duf
        NGS Shader_New.duf (this is the main shader for all skin/lips and nails)
        Iris.duf
        Lacrimals Shader.duf
        Mouth Shader.duf
        Nails Shader.duf
        Pupil Shader.duf
        Sclera.duf
        Teeth Shader.duf
    8.  Go to "Shader" you've just created and paste the files/shaders

... etc.

How do they apply to props?  

edited February 2017

Wow, I want answer all of these: 

"In the product description it says "N.G.S. 2 appeals to both amateurs and professionals, since it can be used as a Merchant Resource" - has there been any character or characters released yet that use N.G.S. 2 in the product?"

Yes, Gypsyangel's latest http://www.daz3d.com/mace-for-genesis-3-male

"How do they apply to props?"  

I just select the prop in the scene, select its surfaces, use the manual default shader (ngs shader_new), apply the script, amnd maybe change a surface or two such as emission to my taste; it is great for dealing with animals such as the Daz horse... 

I tried what I mentioned before:  I took a texture, HinkyHunks John Snow, Genesis 3 male, some random morphs, the Cayman Studios M4 Uv's and geografts, a bright light and render setting, and N.G.S.  I followed  my instructions and did a partial render showing and hiding the geografts.

inprogress.jpg
    1486 x 1250 - 643K
    final.jpg
    1486 x 1250 - 641K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on

OK - so let me see if I am understanding this. I load a prop, (in the example I am thinking of, it is a prop, not a geo-graft) and it has textures (converted to IRay thanks to a SickleYield freebie).  The prop is parented to a Genesis 2 male. The G2M already has the NGS2 shader applied. So now I just select the prop, go to the surfaces tab and select the diffuse. Then I click the NGS freebie script and it should apply NGS2 to the prop. Is all that correct?

If so, what was the point of copying all those data files, etc, as described in the readme?

marble said:

OK - so let me see if I am understanding this. I load a prop, (in the example I am thinking of, it is a prop, not a geo-graft) and it has textures (converted to IRay thanks to a SickleYield freebie).  The prop is parented to a Genesis 2 male. The G2M already has the NGS2 shader applied. So now I just select the prop, go to the surfaces tab and select the diffuse. Then I click the NGS freebie script and it should apply NGS2 to the prop. Is all that correct?

If so, what was the point of copying all those data files, etc, as described in the readme?

Err, you do have to apply the texture to the prop so that is the first thing.  Let's say you made a gografted tail. You apply NGS to the body, you apply the hip texture to the tail, you apply the appropriate manual shader to the tail, you aopply the script to the tail.

Right. If I understand what you mean by "appropriate manual shader" then I think we are on the same page.

Still have not found a user guide other than the screen shot, though.

edited February 2017

In the folder for the manual shader is a manual script and a series of shaders including new_NGS which is the default, pupil shader, nail shader, iris shader, sclera shader, mouth shader, teeth shader , low, medium. large pore shaders etc... The dark skin ones aren't available as manual shaders so I set those values completely manually.  Just so we aren't confused, these are separate from the shaders that you normally see in the product which do include the dark skin shaders.

manualNGS.jpeg
    733 x 655 - 218K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on
  • In the product description it says "N.G.S. 2 appeals to both amateurs and professionals, since it can be used as a Merchant Resource" - has there been any character or characters released in the Daz store yet that uses N.G.S. 2?

The sumo character by Deepsea comes with an NGS preset that is well done.
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

In the product description it says "N.G.S. 2 appeals to both amateurs and professionals, since it can be used as a Merchant Resource" - has there been any character or characters released in the Daz store yet that uses N.G.S. 2?

The sumo character by Deepsea comes with an NGS preset that is well done.

Oh, cool! Thank you. :D

• Thanks for this. I love the product and when I have the time (and patience!) I will try again to get it to work in this situation. :) 

Well...thanks for the suggestions, but nothing's working for me. The more I try, the more messed up it gets. Now he's got a nipple on his shoulder! Ahhhh! LOL I don't suppose anyone has written a specific step-by-step tutorial anywhere for my situation..? :)

OK. As I saw the plugin creates different surfaces names than M4 Original Surfaces Names. For example converted "Neck", is "2_SkinNeck" in default M4 or Genesis (the first) Figures.

As my script works with surfaces names, you have two ways:

1. Apply NGS manually as it mentioned previously (if you don't have the freebie script here's the link with instructions: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t4k1zybc3b54its/NGS 2 Freebie Script.zip?dl=0)

2. Rename Converted Surfaces to Default M4 Surfaces Names or to M7 Surfaces Names (as M7 doesn't have "neck" or "forearms" etc by default). If you make the first Apply Genesis Script, if the Second Apply Genesis 3 Script.

Tutorial how to rename surfaces: 

I hope they are all clear for you now! If you have any question don't be afraid to ask again!

Thank you

Dimension-Z

• ErdehelErdehel Posts: 386
    edited February 2017
    marble said:

Right. If I understand what you mean by "appropriate manual shader" then I think we are on the same page.

Still have not found a user guide other than the screen shot, though.

Same here. Yesterday I read this all thread once again and this is obviously the only documentation there is. In the freebie shader download there is a readme that explains how to apply that specific shader on props. It should be enough to get you started. I hope this helps.

Post edited by Erdehel on
    edited February 2017
    nemesis10 said:

In the folder for the manual shader is a manual script and a series of shaders including new_NGS which is the default, pupil shader, nail shader, iris shader, sclera shader, mouth shader, teeth shader , low, medium. large pore shaders etc... The dark skin ones aren't available as manual shaders so I set those values completely manually.  Just so we aren't confused, these are separate from the shaders that you normally see in the product which do include the dark skin shaders.

Well, I thought we were on the same page but I'm not so sure now. The folder I have called "Manual Apply" is the one I created while follwoing the readme instructions for the freebie. So it looks to me like I'm missing a whole bunch of shaders. Here's my folder set-up:

NGS Folder.JPG
    832 x 360 - 39K
    Manual.JPG
    965 x 182 - 33K
    Manual Shaders.JPG
    1022 x 308 - 50K
    Post edited by marble on

Try redownloading the manual stuff; there should be more...

nemesis10 said:

Try redownloading the manual stuff; there should be more...

You mean the freebie? Or do I need to reinstall with DIM?

I'm obviously missing something important here because the freebie download is just the script and a readme file. I don't know where to find "the manual stuff". 

marble said:

I'm obviously missing something important here because the freebie download is just the script and a readme file. I don't know where to find "the manual stuff". 

I ent back and redownloaded the script from dropbox and notice the instruction was to copy all the shaders or just the main ones; I copied all of them, created a new folder in the folder where I put my custom stuff andf voila.  Yours looks like just the main shaders....

nemesis10 said:
    marble said:

I ent back and redownloaded the script from dropbox and notice the instruction was to copy all the shaders or just the main ones; I copied all of them, created a new folder in the folder where I put my custom stuff andf voila.  Yours looks like just the main shaders....

I just followed the instructions in the readme:

Cornea.duf
        Eyes Shader.duf
        Iris.duf
        Lacrimals Shader.duf
        Mouth Shader.duf
        Nails Shader.duf
        Pupil Shader.duf
        Sclera.duf
        Teeth Shader.duf

Do I need the rest? 

marble said:
    nemesis10 said:
    marble said:

Cornea.duf
        Eyes Shader.duf
        Iris.duf
        Lacrimals Shader.duf
        Mouth Shader.duf
        Nails Shader.duf
        Pupil Shader.duf
        Sclera.duf
        Teeth Shader.duf

Do I need the rest? 

I find them practical especially if you are redoing the textures from something like V4 or M4; sooner or later i end up using them all such as teeth and the pore settings... Once you have applied your texture to a geograft, applied the NGS shader_New, run the script, then you can customize so that you get so that those horns or that tail have a more refined texture.  The files themselves are tiny (the size  of a small text document) so it doesn't hurt.

nemesis10 said:
    marble said:
    nemesis10 said:
    marble said:

Cornea.duf
        Eyes Shader.duf
        Iris.duf
        Lacrimals Shader.duf
        Mouth Shader.duf
        Nails Shader.duf
        Pupil Shader.duf
        Sclera.duf
        Teeth Shader.duf

Do I need the rest? 

I find them practical especially if you are redoing the textures from something like V4 or M4; sooner or later i end up using them all such as teeth and the pore settings... Once you have applied your texture to a geograft, applied the NGS shader_New, run the script, then you can customize so that you get so that those horns or that tail have a more refined texture.  The files themselves are tiny (the size  of a small text document) so it doesn't hurt.

Thank you for staying with me on this ... it got pretty confusing at times (for me, at least).

marble said:
    nemesis10 said:
    marble said:
    nemesis10 said:
    marble said:

Cornea.duf
        Eyes Shader.duf
        Iris.duf
        Lacrimals Shader.duf
        Mouth Shader.duf
        Nails Shader.duf
        Pupil Shader.duf
        Sclera.duf
        Teeth Shader.duf

Do I need the rest? 

Thank you for staying with me on this ... it got pretty confusing at times (for me, at least).

I am glad you stayed with us; I think it is an awesome product especially for those products like the Daz horse that have no iRay settings or a particular sci fi armor for G#M which also didn't have iRay settings.  

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

Does Pores High Level create physically larger pores than Pores Low Level? Also, do you run the pores script after Anagenessis 2 main script or before?

havsm said:

Does Pores High Level create physically larger pores than Pores Low Level? Also, do you run the pores script after Anagenessis 2 main script or before?

My guess is that the Pores High introduces more displacement which is useful for figures far away... Everything is applied after the main script which would overwrite anything you applied first.

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

Nemesis you're a fountain of knowledge! Thanks!

Now if you could explain how to make skin a bit less paper-white, you'd win the prize. Doesn't happen often, but some iray skins (e.g., Eva 7) when converted via anagenessis look zombie white. Earlier in this thread, someone said to change the glossy color from blue to pale yellow to fix this. But I have trouble finding the right pale yellow that looks good. The guide doesn't help much either (attached). The author says 'reverse these colors', but I can't tell if he/she wants me to manually reverse the colors, or if if the script handled it for me. I am assuming that the script is picking the best possible colors by default and that reversing them manually would be less commonly needed (otherwise the script would do it by default).

Overall, I don't run into the paper-white situation too often, just with some skins, so it's not a huge deal.

glossy1.PNG
    548 x 127 - 35K