Basic Supersuit UV's for the Supersuit product have been fixed! Our voices have been heard.

Comments

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,697
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    Wow! Thanks, Joe!

Hopefully we will get a lot of people to make textures with it and shame DAZ int fixing their problem.

Is this different from your Merchant Resource for sale at Rendo? (bought it and happy with the purchase, just wondering) And if so, how?

IS there a texture map that comes with it?

It's made from the merchant resource mesh, but it probably doesn't have any polygons in common with it. It's been QRemeshed to more evenly redistribute the polygons. There are more in the torso, less in the fingers, etc.

The template is in there as a .bmp

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited October 2012

Awesomesauce!

Thanks so much!

Y'know, Joe. If'n you strike while the iron is hot on this Genesis Supersuit issue and gave us Golden Age for Genesis, I would SO buy it.

And I am sure so many others here would be customers of yours.

Thanks so much for all your work here and we DO very much appreciate you and all you do, sir.!

:)

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    They never fixed it, not yet. :down:

Thanks, Joe! :)

I'll try this out and see how it works. If I run into any problems, I'll let you know. ;)

I just noticed that the fingers and feet don't bend quite right. I made the mistake of using the "tight body suit" projection template... silly me.

Take 2: http://www.sharecg.com/v/65219/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Free-Genesis-Bodysuit

Thanks for the quick update! But I gotta ask, why are the UV Templates upside down?

edited December 1969

*chuckle* Zbrush?

edited December 1969

Yes, a UV Template comes with it. With WinRAR, I was able to extract it. It can be found in Freeherosuitg>My Library>People>Genesis>Clothing>FreeGHeroSuit>ghero.BMP

Although, I am puzzled as to why it's upside down.

edited December 1969

I know Joe uses ZBrush and one of the items in texturing there is it does flip the map.

That may be it.

edited December 1969

Ah, ok. :)

And another voice has been added to the bug tracker! YAY! Keep up the job folks! :)

edited December 1969

Does this set of shaders work properly in DAZ Studio 4.5?

DAZ Studio Environment Shaders 2

edited December 1969

Good question. I have no idea. Those are in my wishlist, though.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:

Yes, they do, at least the ones I've tried.

edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    RKane_1 said:
    Wow! Thanks, Joe!

Hopefully we will get a lot of people to make textures with it and shame DAZ int fixing their problem.

Is this different from your Merchant Resource for sale at Rendo? (bought it and happy with the purchase, just wondering) And if so, how?

It's made from the merchant resource mesh, but it probably doesn't have any polygons in common with it. It's been QRemeshed to more evenly redistribute the polygons. There are more in the torso, less in the fingers, etc.

Hey, Joe. For some reason it's not working correctly for me. Here's what happens when I try and load it in DS. I put it in Studio3/My Library like I do all my third party Genesis products and that usually does the trick. Don't know why yours didn't.

Can anyone else confirm this or is theirs working?

Capture2.JPG
    677 x 628 - 47K
    Capture1.JPG
    460 x 290 - 20K
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:

That is extremely good to know. Thanks! :)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    RKane_1 said:
    Wow! Thanks, Joe!

Hey, Joe. For some reason it's not working correctly for me. Here's what happens when I try and load it in DS. I put it in Studio3/My Library like I do all my third party Genesis products and that usually does the trick. Don't know why yours didn't.

Can anyone else confirm this or is theirs working?

Unless Joe updated it again in the past few hours, it's working fine for me...

joeslatest.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 92K
    edited December 1969

Not sure what I did wrong, but all of a sudden, it's working now.

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:

Thanks, fixmypcmike!

edited December 1969

Hey Knight22179 and MJC1016,

CHALLENGE!

Make one of your favorite heroes or heroines with Joe's new free resource!

Maybe we can sweet talk Joe into making more stuff for Genesis!

*crosses fingers*

:)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Flame on!

flameon2.jpg
    1024 x 1280 - 187K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    They never fixed it, not yet. :down:

Thanks, Joe! :)

I'll try this out and see how it works. If I run into any problems, I'll let you know. ;)

I just noticed that the fingers and feet don't bend quite right. I made the mistake of using the "tight body suit" projection template... silly me.

Take 2: http://www.sharecg.com/v/65219/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Free-Genesis-Bodysuit

Thank you very, very, very much!

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Thankyou. The suit is for DS4.5 only. Is there any chance the suit can be made so that DS4 users can use it please. I have not yet upgraded to DS4.5 so cannot use .duf files.

edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    Thankyou. The suit is for DS4.5 only. Is there any chance the suit can be made so that DS4 users can use it please. I have not yet upgraded to DS4.5 so cannot use .duf files.

No, I'm sorry. The solution to this is for you to upgrade, not for me to resave and repackage a free product so that it is less compatible with other software.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited October 2012

Thank you. Then I will use my own UV map. I don't want to update yet as I know my stuff works.

Post edited by Wilmap on
  • Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

I was wondering if this thread is still active. I recently purchased the Supersuit Pro Suite and am just trying to learn how it all works. I have watched the videos that Randall posted awhile back, but all the screens look different and somethings seem to be missing.

I had started playing with the suit in hopes to make my own spider-man or black spider-man suit as my first experiment but the way some of the sections are broken down seems to be a challenge.

Does anyone have some good links/tutorials on how to make my own textures in Photoshop that would work with this?

Thanks

edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:
    I was wondering if this thread is still active. I recently purchased the Supersuit Pro Suite and am just trying to learn how it all works. I have watched the videos that Randall posted awhile back, but all the screens look different and somethings seem to be missing.

I had started playing with the suit in hopes to make my own spider-man or black spider-man suit as my first experiment but the way some of the sections are broken down seems to be a challenge.

Does anyone have some good links/tutorials on how to make my own textures in Photoshop that would work with this?

Thanks

There are a number of excellent free spiderman options for Daz's M4 figure. All are available to you without use of the supersuit. Further, since the supersuit has an exposed mouth region, even if you learned how to texture it you still wouldn't be able to produce a decent Spiderman without some kind of add-on.

Movie Style:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=60714

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=66553

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=60031

Comic Style:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/41804/Poser/M4-Comic-Style-Mask-and-Textures?interstitial_displayed=Yes

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

Wow! Awesome stuff! thank you for providing these links.

I also just downloaded your bodysuit. Do you have any tutorials or info on creating textures for it?

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited December 1969

Still no word on this? Well, there's always next year... :roll:

• BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Still no word on this? Well, there's always next year... :roll:

I complained about the bad UV maps for the bodysuit just after the "supersuit" came out. It seemed to get shelved to "sometime never".

They were so busy pushing the "supersuit" that the ordinary one was forgotten. Even though you had to buy the wretched supersuit to get it at all. I'm still rather annoyed about the whole thing as I just ended up with something useless. By the time they got around to acknowledging the UV problem it was too late to return the thing.

I tried using the supersuit as a body suit. Super it was not. Seams showed up from the moveable zones and looked very messy. So all I have is an body suit that can't be textured and a thing with moveable parts that I can't use and don't want.

All that is needed is for the UV Map on the Basic Suit to be corrected. That isn't a huge task.

edited December 2012

Amen to that. We all should submit Support Tickets and flood DAZ with this problem until they DO fix this. Wishful thinking, though. But if people would do that, a few hundred people, DAZ would HAVE to listen and no longer ignore this fix.

Post edited by Knight22179 on
  • GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,532
    edited December 1969

What was the latest word on the bug report?

• BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Amen to that. We all should submit Support Tickets and flood DAZ with this problem until they DO fix this. Wishful thinking, though. But if people would do that, a few hundred people, DAZ would HAVE to listen and no longer ignore this fix.

I've just submitted a ticket, pointing out that this has not been resolved six months after the problem was first found. I attached an image of the UV map to show the problem.

I did get the impression before though that they don't care about the basic bodysuit as they are so wrapped up in promoting the supersuit. Depressing as I haven't found a use for the supersuit but would like a standard bodysuit with no visible seams.

edited December 1969

What was the latest word on the bug report?

Other than someone being assigned to it (finally), nothing.