Export and Import morphs using another modeler?

edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Hi, I have big problems in importing new morphs to DAZ. With the bridge to Hexagon most of the problems are no more, but the big problem is that I'm not good at all at using Hexagon to create morphs.

I'm better at using the Modeler of LightWave 3D, so I was wondering if this pipeline would be possible:

1) Send the original object to Hexagon
2) In Hexagon, save the object as OBJ
3) Load the OBJ in LightWave's Modeler and create the Morph, exporting it as another OBJ file
4) Load this new morphed OBJ in Hexagon replacing the original non-morphed object
5) Send the morphed object to DAZ Studio

Is it possible?

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Yes...but why?

DS can export OBJ quite nicely...the only thing you need to do is make sure that your options are set correctly on export AND that the item you are exporting is the only thing visible in the scene. Then you import to LightWave (or other modeler), making sure you are using compatible import options to what you exported the item from DS in (scale and axis orientation being the primary concerns). "Keep vertex order" is also an essential 'do it' item...some have the option on import, some on export, some for both import/export...but you need it set, for whichever modeling app you are using. Then after the morph is made, export it back out and use MorphLoader in DS to load it.

The more times the morph is passed between apps, the more chances there are for things to get messed up...and direct export/import to DS eliminates a couple of those steps.

• edited December 1969

The fact is that, after making the morph in LightWave's Modeler, and loading it using DAZ's Morph Loader Pro... it says that the morph was loaded and created, but... in the Proprierties tab, there isn't any slider to use it!:(

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

MCMXC said:
    The fact is that, after making the morph in LightWave's Modeler, and loading it using DAZ's Morph Loader Pro... it says that the morph was loaded and created, but... in the Proprierties tab, there isn't any slider to use it!:(

By default it will be under morphs/morph loader, unless you added your own custom morph header (which is a good idea). Did you check there?

• edited December 1969

Checked, nothing:(