Interjection Booster - M5 SSS is using V4 UV's?

SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
edited December 2012 in The Commons

I recent purchased Interjection Booster which is described to be for 'M5 and Hitomi'... But it has came to my attention that the M5 SSS and other textures aren't using M5 UV's, they're using V4's instead. I got this for M5, and don't understand why it's V4 UV's.

Various areas simply don't line up and gaps in the texture are visible at the seams, like using V4 Diffuse textures with M5 UV's.

Is there some mix up in the download? V4 UV SSS mats cant be used with M5 characters at all, they don't line up, they're the wrong UV.

I'm a big fan of the first Interjection pack for V4 M4 and V5, and make use of them in all my characters. I'd hate to think that M5's Interjection isnt for M5 at all :(

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/interjection-booster-shot-one

In this small standalone package, you'll find interjection presets for the two latest figures on the market! Hitomi and Michael 5 hit your runtimes and now they'll hit your renders in full Interjection quality. Not a simple conversion, these presets use new methods and ideas to make these characters look their best. Two distinctive skin styles for both characters, separate mouth injections and diffuse strength modifiers make this set extremely versatile. Of course, these will work on all future Hitomi and Michael 5 products as well!

Interjection Presets
Realistic Surface Shaders for Michael 5 and Hitomi:
Both Characters Feature Two Styles
Highly Driven SSS Preset For Natural Reaction To Light
Stylized Velvet Preset For Highlighted Edges
Applies To Any Current and Future Hitomi and Michael 5 Characters
Both Characters:
2048x2048 and 1024x1024 Hand Painted SSS Maps Specific To Each
Diffuse Strength Modifiers To Easily Adjust Characters' Relative Brightness
Separate Mouth Injections With Their Own Maps
Michael 5 Specific:
Custom Velvet Map Containing Veins For Standing Out On Edges
Full SSS Color Map To Add Greater Variation And Realism

Post edited by SpyroRue on

Comments

• Laticis ImageryLaticis Imagery Posts: 439
    edited December 2012

Hi,

I just checked, they look like M5 maps from this end.

Directory:
    Runtime\textures\DimensionTheory\Interjection\SSSMaps\M5

EDIT: Whoops, no you are correct.

The SSS Colour maps are M5 though.

Post edited by Laticis Imagery on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

That's really weired ... In same directory: M5Face.jpg, M5Torso.jpg, M5Limbs.jpg... Are all V4 UV.

It seems M5Mouth, The velvet textures and the red vein sub is M5 UV but not the above listed (which are the important Sub surface strength textures). Considering the bad appearance it shows being the wrong UV set in my attached screenies, it seems an odd choice to use it for M5's SSS strength textures.

Are your M5Face.jpg, M5Torso.jpg, M5Limbs.jpg M5 UV's?

edited December 1969

I have just reset and re-installed and it does appear there are a few things catching me off guard.

Check out the map placements when you apply Preset A and then apply Preset B

edited December 1969

Well despite the make up of this preset, they work well.

Are you having issues with render results.

Preset_B.jpg
    500 x 808 - 131K
    Preset_A.jpg
    500 x 808 - 130K
    Default.jpg
    500 x 808 - 121K
    edited December 1969

Im finding it resets the diffuse on the nipples, Preset A seems to use the V4UV'd M5 SSS Strength textures (Although it dont line up cos it should be M5 not V4 with everything else that's M5 UV) And preset B doesn't use SSS Strength textures at all. B not only resets the Nipples but also resets the bump settings.

edited December 1969

Laticis said:

Look closely at your Preset A render... It shows up the same as my screen shots. The face, the arms, the seam of the legs. That's why it's supposed to be M5 UV not V4. :(

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 1969

Bug report?

edited December 1969

I have just send Dimension3D a PM to alert him to the issue.

Hi Dimension,

I recently purchased your Interjection booster after having Interjection for some time now. I'm wondering if M5's Interjection is supposed to be using V4UV SSS Strength textures? As they don't line up when M5's Interjection is applied to M5 characters, it is distorted and has gaps in the textures.

Hitomi does use her own UV's as expected. In interjection, M4, V4 and V5 all used their own UV's and are exceptional :)

Victoria4 UV textures used in M5's Interjection are these:
    M5Torso.jpg
    M5Face.jpg
    M5Limbs.jpg
    All other M5 associated textures are M5 UV's.

Is this some sort of mix up in the download? It's very well made, and seems strange it was using the wrong UV. I raised the issue in the commons here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/14101/. Also posted images.

Thanks for any help, I hope there is a way to solve this issue as I'm a big fan of interjection.

Spyro :)

I'll look into posting a bug report to daz.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Laticis said:

Look closely at your Preset A render... It shows up the same as my screen shots. The face, the arms, the seam of the legs. That's why it's supposed to be M5 UV not V4. :(

Roger that...something certainly wrong here.

edited December 1969

Good pick up Spyro

edited December 1969

Lol. I only found the issue because I specifically needed Interjection for Michael5 ... I never thought I'd buy Interjection for M5 and get V4's instead haha!

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited December 2012

Spyro said:

According to the store product information, it's DimensionTHEORY that produces Interjection; Dimension3D does GenX. Did you send that query to the right person?

Post edited by vwrangler on
    edited December 1969

vwrangler said:
    Spyro said:

According to the store product information, it's DimensionTHEORY that produces Interjection; Dimension3D does GenX. Did you send that query to the right person?

LMAO! Well spotted Vwrangler :-P

I checked my sent PM, I did indeed PM DimensionTheory not Dimension3d, it was mistake in my recent post lol Funny If I had done so with the PM! Dimension3d would be like "What are you on about?" lol

• LuckBeLuckBe Posts: 93
    edited December 1969

I hadn't noticed the v4 UV issue, but I had noticed that preset 2 doesn't apply the SSS maps at all. IIRC, there was something up with the velvet, too. I've only been using preset one- I can't believe I really never noticed before!

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    I've never really figured out the Interjection stuff. I picked it up, and got some interesting renders, but...the face always seems to 'glow' too much. I recently gave another try, and dialed down 'Ambient' on the face to like 5%, and it worked better for me. I really should experiment more with it.

What are you using the Interjection for, in this case?

-- Morgan

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited December 2012

Spyro said:
    Lol. I only found the issue because I specifically needed Interjection for Michael5 ... I never thought I'd buy Interjection for M5 and get V4's instead haha!

Depending on what you're doing and what you have, wouldn't it work to use the SSS maps for either M5 Phillip or M5 Dave Elite? Granted, Dave is screamingly fair and would have a tiny bit more translucency than average, but that's handled in the settings and percentages, not the maps. But in any event, Phillip does have SSS maps (I checked), so you could use those for the equivalent of Interjection's "light" or "normal" setting. I assume for the sake of argument that DAZ' own SSS maps should line up, but that I haven't checked.

Just out of curiosity, which texture are you using Interjection on? I think all the M5 textures except maybe James and Aiden came with SSS textures, although they don't all apply in Studio the way you might expect.

Post edited by vwrangler on
    edited December 1969

What is and remains appealing to me about Interjection is the detail and dedication to a realistic approach to SSS. It's quite flexible for character use, and pretty much all the characters I make are custom. Until recently I've only used M4 for the males. The first interjection pack supports M4, V4 and V5 so I've used them quite a bit. I work with genesis, and have found that there are some distortions with Genesis V4 and M4 UV's so I went about converting some textures. I've tried converting M4's Interjection to M5, but its a piece of work to remove the seams, to make it seamless, since Daz map transfer isnt known for perfect edges.

I'm just hoping that this was a mix up in the installer, and that it can be fixed. Hitomi was correct to her UV, as was all three in the original interjection pack. SSS Strength is the important map for SSS. And I for one could really use a complete M5 Interjection, which is why I bought it :) I think it would be ideal for everyone who has or buys interjection booster to have the complete M5 which is the purpose of the booster pack along with Hitomi, since they weren't supported in original Interjection.

edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    I've never really figured out the Interjection stuff. I picked it up, and got some interesting renders, but...the face always seems to 'glow' too much. I recently gave another try, and dialed down 'Ambient' on the face to like 5%, and it worked better for me. I really should experiment more with it.

What are you using the Interjection for, in this case?

-- Morgan

SSS is very much tailored to individual characters I've found. And settings vary considerably depending on skin tone and what look your going for. Interjection, (At least the first pack) I've always used as my starting point and tweaked the settings until it suits the character. I usually study the settings of Elite characters, as well as Generation 5 that use SSS.

A good tutorial for SSS is here by RawArt
    http://rawart3d.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d52mlpi

This works really well with Interjection SSS mats :) But when following this tut, do take into consideration the settings of Interjection and Elite, Generation 5 SSS.

edited December 1969

I spoke with DimensionTheory... It was a mistake with the files in the installer, the SSS Strength textures were supposed to be M5 UV not V4. An update to the correct UV's is being organized. Thank you heaps Dimension! :)

edited December 1969

Thanks for the heads up Spyro :)