Glowing_star_effect_v0.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 299K
  • Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,798
    edited December 1969

Very nice, David!!!!

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Very nice, David!!!!

Thank you Rashad! Here's where I got the idea for the last one... but I didn't know about the reflection... It all looks a bit cooked up to me, but it was something different.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59303791@N00/116000685/

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 2012

Mention of Bryce animations is far and few here in this forum, so to add to tnpir4000's wonderful Trek efforts in promoting such works, here's a simple flyover (in YouTube format - of a Mars's region). Such works are not always a fav., amongst the community, but that's to be expected.

Bryce is quite easy for such works, but it's inability to produce bump-like renders - e.g, say, the shapely rim of a crater, or the peak of a mountain - of a distant horizon from a curved, planetary perspective, isn't suitable. A pity!

However, don't let that discourage you, as Bryce can still lead to wonderful animated productions.

Jay
    PS. Had a Christmassy work to submit, but decided not to as it would have been a rushed work :) Still, good tidings to all, but as for NY2013....hmmm that '13' is a worry :)

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • eireann.sgeireann.sg Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

tnpir4000 said:
    Show you my renders? Gladly!

Current project: "Star Trek III: Redemption"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgCtTz6n448

Demo Reel:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGWpKh92HvE

To all those who celebrate it, Merry Christmas!

Ad David said, beautiful set and especially da girls with da deep male voices are cracking me up :)
    edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:
    Mention of Bryce animations is far and few here in this forum, so to add to tnpir4000's wonderful Trek efforts in promoting such works, here's a simple flyover (in YouTube format - of a Mars's region). Such works are not always a fav., amongst the community, but that's to be expected.

Bryce is quite easy for such works, but it's inability to produce bump-like renders - e.g, say, the shapely rim of a crater, or the peak of a mountain - of a distant horizon from a curved, planetary perspective, isn't suitable. A pity!

Usually the Bryce renderer is by far too slow to make lice looking animations. I have seen other renderers which are not only 2 or 5 times faster but at east 20 times faster than the bryce renderer
    edited December 1969

Beautiful sets Brandon! I'm not an animation fan (edit: here I mean, I'm not a fan of doing animation in Bryce - not that I don't like animation - just to clarify), but I can appreciate the effort that has gone into producing these scenes. The lighting too is very good.

Continuing to fiddle with lensing effects. Here with a more subtle lens.

Can be quite interesting putting fancy stuff in front f your lens.
    bloop_042.jpg
    1020 x 764 - 133K
    bloop_041.jpg
    955 x 732 - 111K
  • Waleed - JordanWaleed - Jordan Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

What's that? We produced a hundred pages of amazing work and now its time to produce a hundred more.

Long Live Bryce

Long Live Daz3D

Long Live Chohole

need I say more?

To reference the works in the previous thread follow this link:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/658/

Hi Rashad How you doing , I'm sorry to post like this way but I try to put my renders here but it failed
    this is a gift to you, done by Bryce 5 people, cars by Photoshop, hope you like it

aabb22.JPG
    1526 x 1024 - 1M
    zzz12.JPG
    907 x 605 - 495K
    Post edited by Waleed - Jordan on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 2012

Freebie Hog I picked up and Brycified... Mesh still needs a bit of smoothing.

ChopperGirlBig.jpg
    1159 x 906 - 590K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
    edited December 1969

The more the merrier.

bloop_047.jpg
    950 x 949 - 252K
    bloop_046.jpg
    950 x 950 - 201K
    bloop_045.jpg
    1400 x 787 - 276K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@David: Those buildings, and sphere, look really good. Nice job. And the cubes are interesting as well.

@Dave: Which one in that image is the hog? :-) It looks very good.

@Waleed: Those are extremely nice images. Like those from picture post cards or movie scenes. Well done.

@eireann: Love the cubes. Very interesting results you're getting.

• Waleed - JordanWaleed - Jordan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @David: Those buildings, and sphere, look really good. Nice job. And the cubes are interesting as well.

@Dave: Which one in that image is the hog? :-) It looks very good.

@Waleed: Those are extremely nice images. Like those from picture post cards or movie scenes. Well done.

@eireann: Love the cubes. Very interesting results you're getting.

Thanks I always said who goes for the expertise in his job he will really pass and success thanks God first
    i really work on Bryce as my child I worked for many software professional more than Bryce but I stop on Bryce I find this software
    has many many innovations ....
    best wishes and really thank you

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,798
    edited December 1969

Hmm. Seems this is about the time when we initiate the next thread. However I will wait for Chohole to let me know for sure. Honestly, I dont have anything to kick it off with so if someone else has a render they'd like to kick off the next render thread with please, have at it.

Happy Holidays to all.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Rashad, Next thread starts with the first render on page 101, so it can be left for fate to decide, and I can then split it into a new thread, rather than actually starting a new one. IS how we do all the long running threads in the Commons, and sometimes there is quite a competition between those participating in the thread to actually get that all important post on page 101, it is quite funny sometimes to watch.

• edited December 1969

Hmm. Seems this is about the time when we initiate the next thread. However I will wait for Chohole to let me know for sure. Honestly, I dont have anything to kick it off with so if someone else has a render they'd like to kick off the next render thread with please, have at it.

Happy Holidays to all.

Hello Rashad and all of you. I have seen some fantastic renders on this thread. While silently working on the ARDL "Tutorial" i also had one of my computers rendering two Big Scenes. They took about 3 weeks each to render !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here they are. They are semi mimetic but not totally abstract. They are 100% Bryce Modelling and NO Photoshop work [just about all MetaBalls too]. They are, i suppose experiments for what is to come in 2013. Hope you all enjoy.

Kind Regards,

Peter

Big_Scene_02r.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 960K
    Big_Scene_01.jpg
    1800 x 1000 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Another Brycified motorcycle.

HarleyVRod.jpg
    918 x 694 - 363K
    edited December 1969

Happy Holidays to all.

Hello Rashad and all of you. I have seen some fantastic renders on this thread. While silently working on the ARDL "Tutorial" i also had one of my computers rendering two Big Scenes. They took about 3 weeks each to render !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here they are. They are semi mimetic but not totally abstract. They are 100% Bryce Modelling and NO Photoshop work [just about all MetaBalls too]. They are, i suppose experiments for what is to come in 2013. Hope you all enjoy.

Kind Regards,

PeterLooking at that I already feel silly only posting cube pictures.
    I would not have the patience to wait 3 weeks for a render :)
    Even one hour would be too much. Most of my renders are 20 minute ones or less.

• edited December 2012

Happy Holidays to all.

Kind Regards,

Peter

Looking at that I already feel silly only posting cube pictures.
    I would not have the patience to wait 3 weeks for a render :)
    Even one hour would be too much. Most of my renders are 20 minute ones or less.

Well your renders are very nice.

But true Bryce Cubes are Nice and certainly NOT Silly since one can build anything imaginable with them.

Here are some Bryce Cube Model Pictures i did some time ago as tests, which take very little time to render - most less then 10 minutes.

They could of course be jazzed up to make interesting scenes. My work is simple and serves as suggestions for others. Much better could be done by just about any Bryce artist.

Kind regards,

Peter

Hex_Design_02.jpg
    1434 x 705 - 681K
    Cubic_Interior_016.jpg
    1434 x 705 - 528K
    Cubic_Interior_005.jpg
    1434 x 705 - 363K
    Bryce_Spline_09.jpg
    800 x 600 - 213K
    Bent_Beam_03.jpg
    1400 x 700 - 723K
    Post edited by pbudarick_4a3d2ac478 on
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

dipping my toe into the instancing lab.. with metaballs..

instanced-metaballs.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    edited December 1969

@Dave: That's a real good looking hog.

@Peter: Those are really good. I see your tutorial influence in them.

@Rareth: Does someone need to get the paper towels? Love the look.

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @Dave: That's a real good looking hog.

Thanks.
    Also available in other colours.

VrodApe.jpg
    700 x 500 - 242K
    VRod2.jpg
    700 x 500 - 223K
    edited December 1969

another cube fetish pic :)

bloop_044.jpg
    1011 x 756 - 108K
    edited December 1969

@Dave: I had to look at the first hog after you posted the last two. I didn't notice the fire extinguisher the first time. I think, in this model, I'd prefer the banana color. All three are really nice, well done.

@eirenna: Fetish or not, what matters if you learn while doing. Besides, some of us get inspired by works of others. Like me for instances. I finally took the time to try David's cube tutorials, and have created two for further work in Bryce. I plan to continue playing around to see what I can create.

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @Dave: I had to look at the first hog after you posted the last two. I didn't notice the fire extinguisher the first time. I think, in this model, I'd prefer the banana color. All three are really nice, well done.

It's not a fire extinguisher Guss... It's a Nitrous booster pack. :-)
  • edited December 1969

Ah! The Cube is a Menger Sponge [a Fractal Solid].

Another good render !

But you could also try using the IBL and "Light From Inside" for this one

edited December 2012

Ah! The Cube is a Menger Sponge [a Fractal Solid].

Another good render !

But you could also try using the IBL and "Light From Inside" for this onegreat idea :)
    With some light inside the sponge it might also look nicer.

Post edited by eireann.sg on
    edited December 1969

stuck in the pipe

bloop_03.jpg
    1023 x 766 - 131K
  • StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

@GussNemo -

I didn’t notice the fire extinguisher the first time.

I think that is Nitrous not fire extinguisher.

edited December 1969

StuartB4 said:
    I think that is Nitrous not fire extinguisher.

Indeed it is. :)

And here's one where I've taken it off.

ZebraVRodBack.jpg
    700 x 500 - 254K
    ZebraVRodFront.jpg
    700 x 500 - 215K
  • StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 2012

@eireann.sg:
    Love the tunnel, it just needs a metal grid floor, some steam, some flashing lights,
    some pipes and cables, an alien and a panicking Sigourney Weaver.
    :)

Thread continues here

Post edited by Chohole on
This discussion has been closed.