Poser Newbie Thread

Comments

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794
    edited December 1969

Ok, what is it folks most want to learn about the material room? There is a lot of things you can do in there, doing one tutorial that covers everything is a bit overwhelming, maybe we can break this down into smaller chunks

Mine are pretty basic. I know how to add/change textures, bumps, displacement, etc. What I have a problem with is making something look like a glass or a shiny plastic/metallic. I don't have such a problem doing these in DAZ, because the surface tab is pretty simple (until you add shaders). I was in the material room just the other night wanting to make primitive plane look like glass and could not do it :-( I was just stumped.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

oooo ok, that i can do. basically you are looking for shiny reflective surfaces, kool

• Alethas FantasyAlethas Fantasy Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

I have a Que. Please.

I am using Posers 7.

I bought David 3 Base & The Gunslinger for David witch it says: Required Products
    David Base

When I bring D3 in he is light pink no where I see to change the body color except to White.
    Never did a 3 of anything before just 4 like V4 etc. which has where to click to get the skin. lol

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks, Aletha

Post edited by Alethas Fantasy on
    edited June 2012

I seen a edit so added in it, then was going to delete this one but don't see where to, sorry. lol

edited December 1969

I have a Que. Please.

I am using Posers 7.

I bought David 3 Base & The Gunslinger for David witch it says: Required Products
    David Base

When I bring D3 in he is light pink no where I see to change the body color except to White.
    Never did a 3 of anything before just 4 like V4 etc. which has where to click to get the skin. lol

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks, Aletha

David 3 is based on the Generation 3 mesh, so David 3 can use any M3 or F3 materials ( oddly enough he can also use V3 materials ). So if you have any skin material poses for M3 they will work on your D3 figure as well

edited June 2012

Thank you, I have the free base of M3 & V3, they should have it down with the D3 Requirements, for the clothes, I went through to make sure I had bought what was needed. lol

It's hard enough just learning the program but to know every thing else needed is a night mare, seems the new store doesn't give as much Info.

Maybe I should see how much it cost for the D3 morphs or is it Texture, not even sure what I need. lol

edited December 1969

morphs change body shape and facial features, textures change colors, if say you want a darker skin tone, then you want textures, if you want a beefy body builder then you want morphs

edited December 1969

Thanks Color is the most important.

The only thing I am seeing for D3 that I think might work it sounds like all of it: GetReal for David
    Regular Price: $19.95
    Special Price: $13.97
    Description
    Now it’s time to get your David into Adonis-like shape, and get him rendering like the dream you’ve always wanted. GetReal for David is a texture set and body shape built for David. While the body shape is built only for David, the textures are compatible with all of your Millennium men, including Michael 3.0, Hiro, and even the Freak.
    With extremely photo-realistic textures, highly detailed spectacular and bumpmaps, you will achieve the best quality renders! The skin comes with both a bald and texture-mapped hair version, giving you flexibility when using hair props or hats. The set has specially designed shader nodes, which take advantage of Poser’s material room to give you a highly-realistic, high-quality male skin you won’t soon forget.
    Give your David figure what he deserves…GetReal.
    I hate to keep buying stuff I don’t need, does this sound like what I need Please?

edited December 1969

i like Men of the Year for the gen 3 figures, 12 different male skins in one set http://www.daz3d.com/shop/men-of-the-year/

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Before you start spending more money, there are plenty of free textures for David 3 (and M3) on Sharecg. Here's one:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/25959/View/11/Poser/Kyler-for-David-3

edited December 1969

OMG Thank you so much, I appreciate it.
    It does take lots of money just to get stuff to get started with.

Big Hugs 2 U

edited December 1969

also if you are serious about getting into this, i'd consider getting a platinum club membership, lots of products for $1.99

edited December 1969

but yeah, definitely check the freebies, shares cg has lots of stuff, also check the freepository on the forums

edited December 1969

No problem. Do keep Men of the Year in mind, BTW, I agree they are the best Gen 3 male textures around. I have both M3 and D3 set to preload with textures from that set.

edited December 1969

WOW Thanks for all the help & advice.
    I did join the club. I just downloaded Kyler for David, just got to put the files in the program.
    I did a Basic training for posers & love it, so I am hooked, just learning all the buying what with what to make it all come together. lol
    Men of the Year looks Great lots to choose from, I'll have to get M3 Morph Pack also, love working with men than women. lol
    I try to do a man then a women to go with him.
    I seen posers 8 on sell for 75.00 wondering if it would be better then 7, I can't see most of the hair on the models to fix it & lighting they didn't cover mush at all, I think it is almost 100% of the program.
    But as Teacher always says PRACTICE-PRACTICE!
    Thanks again ya'll are awesome.

edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

i just happened to see it was on sale last night

edited December 1969

I put in my wish list:
    Men of the Year

Required Products
    Michael 3.0 Head Morph Pack
    Sassy Hair 2.0
    David Base

So It means I need all this I have David base, so I put Michael 3.0 Head Morph Pack
    Sassy Hair 2.0 in my wish list also, hope thats all I need for the Men of the Year.

edited June 2012

WOW Poser Pro 2010 that is cheap when it is like 400 or so.

I bet it would be so up dated & so much better to work with.

I see 2 Poser Pro 2012 one is higher what the different's?

edited December 1969

I put in my wish list:
    Men of the Year

Required Products
    Michael 3.0 Head Morph Pack
    Sassy Hair 2.0
    David Base

So It means I need all this I have David base, so I put Michael 3.0 Head Morph Pack
    Sassy Hair 2.0 in my wish list also, hope thats all I need for the Men of the Year.

The required products are a bit off -- for David you'd need the David Head Morphs, for Michael 3 the M3 Head Morphs

edited December 1969

Thanks Sweetie go fix my wish list. lol

edited December 1969

I see a lot but not D3 Head, I see this face & body is this the same? morph http://www.daz3d.com/shop/david-diversified/

edited December 1969

i'm not finding them either, when I find them i will get back to you

edited December 1969

OK thanks. :)

edited December 1969

is there some reason you are going with the generation 3 figures instead of generation 4?

edited December 1969

I seen lots of freebies & a lot of the 1.99 Items are for the 3 I like, so I bought D3 & the gun slinger & some of V3-M3 clothes & I got when I joined some free clothes M3-V3 didn't know they were going to be pink with no texture since I'm new & just learning posers. lol

edited December 1969

The Kyler for David 3 wouldn’t work for my posers 7.
    In the wrighting it says Poser (.pz2), Poser (.pz3) there is no pz3 in the whole file.
    I tried it several’s time, can not find & freeze’s up. :(
    I looked for others but nothen for posers 7 downloaded some just to try but they wouldn’t work either.
    I’m just going to have to buy something.
    Somestuff says its not for 7 most don’t say in the store, they need more Info. on there items, there is one thing maybe it might work doesn’t say witch posers for 1.99 item. lol

edited December 1969

ok, i got some bad news. The David 3 head and body morphs are an older product that got vaulted. Occasionally Daz opens the vault for a limited time and those products are made available to purchase at those times. In the mean time I will do some begging to see if we can get the D3 head and body morphs un-vaulted.

edited December 1969

I found this it sounds like it might work:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/david-diversified/
    David Diversified brings ten realistic male morph combinations to your Runtime. Each morph has been made from existing David morph channels and includes both and INJection and REMove pose. The pop up images show all ten morphs using the same texture as well as each morph applied with a different texture and hair.

edited December 1969

not sure if that will work with out david's morphs or not, you can try it and see, remember you have a 30 day money back guarantee with all Daz 3D purchases