Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!

Comments

• RhaleRhale Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

Awesome support! Thank you!

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

how to avoid helmet head... answer, have short hair..

Urban-Trooper.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 163K
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

Christmas card I made using Alessandro's bear, but with LAMH fur preset- worked like a dream!!!

And with an accompanying poem I wrote, if you don't mind how badly it's written!

Christmas Magic

That night on a cold Christmas Eve where I stayed,
    In a hospital room, surrounded by gray,
    And the sounds of the lonely, the pained, and the weeping,
    I lay, wide awake, with no chance of sleeping.
    I hugged my dear teddy, my most faithful friend.
    "It's just you and I, for Christmas," I said.
    Mom and Dad far away, though they sent their regards
    With a sweater and scarf, and a long Christmas card.
    For health care's expensive, and both Mom and Dad
    Worked hard for the care that I needed so bad.
    "We'll come after Christmas, when the holidays pass...
    You know how we need this time-and-a-half."
    I promised quite bravely; we'll just have to wait
    And all of us have our holidays late.
    Wearing my new Christmas sweater and scarf,
    I lay all alone, with a wish in my heart.
    "Oh, Mr. Teddy," I said with a sigh,
    "I wish you were really and truly alive.
    You know all of my secrets, you know how I feel,
    And on this lonely night, I wish you were REAL!"
    As the words left my mouth, I saw teddy grin--
    And all around me, the room seemed to spin.
    I opened my eyes when I felt a soft breeze.
    I was up in the mountains, surrounded by trees.
    Tall wintergreens, all covered in SNOW.
    And in front was my bear-only now he had GROWN!
    I felt no alarm- I knew right away-
    For he still wore the hat that i gave him that day!
    I hopped on his back and laughed as I rode.
    We played and we talked and we never felt cold!
    Then at last my bear stopped, and the last I recall
    I slept on his back as he ambled along.
    When I woke up this morning, i couldn't help thinking,
    "It was just a nice dream," my little heart sinking.
    But as I reached for my teddy, snow fell from his fur!!
    --And that's when I knew: Christmas magic, for sure!

ChristmasBear2_sm.jpg
    800 x 640 - 422K
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

That was wonderful Alia! (;_;)... something from your pregnancy, or earlier in life?

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

You guys and gals are really creative, thanks for all the images and time spent on our little plugin.
    And Merry XMas to everybody!

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    That was wonderful Alia! (;_;)... something from your pregnancy, or earlier in life?

Multiple things.... though I did spend some time alone in a hospital during pregnancy, and I have spent christmas eve's and Christmas all alone.. far far away from family.

But when I was a small girl I had a teddy bear I named Opal and told her all my secrets and hugged and took everywhere, even had a teddy bear pen pal- we'd take pictures with our bear and write stories and swap.

Im grown up and my teddy bear is long gone, but I can remember that wish that my bear would talk to me and be a real friend.

Now it's my son who has a teddy bear best friend- I admit I was secretly elated when he picked his teddy bear as his favorite toy!

But this story? it is for anyone has dreamed their toy would come alive and make a dream friend real. Or for anyone who has been alone on Christmas, putting on a brave front, but lonely.....

Or anyone who needs a bit of magic this holiday!

((ANd might I add... t hat Alessandro's 'Look at My Hair" plugin totally FEELS like magic??? ""I wish this transmapped hair was really and truly REAL HAIR!!" *waves Christmas wand LAMH hair appears* OMG it IS real! *Dances with glee*))

Merry Christmas :) Presets to be shared when I recover from holiday madness @.@

• hakcayurekhakcayurek Posts: 5
    edited December 2012

I'm impressed with all these pictures and bought LAMH recently. While I found it easy to use I can not transfer the hair correctly to daz or create obj files. When I export, I only get the guide hairs and not the rest, even if I see the additional hair in LAMH when I enabled density. This happens when I create the hair from scratch, or if I use some presets from the website. I'm using 64-bit version with Daz 4.5 Pro

It seems like I'm missing something basic, may be some option needs to be set, but regardless of watching training videos, and reading the manual several times I could not figure out what 'm missing. I appreciate any help you can suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Post edited by hakcayurek on
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 2012

I'm impressed with all these pictures and bought LAMH recently. While I found it easy to use I can not transfer the hair correctly to daz or create obj files. When I export, I only get the guide hairs and not the rest, even if I see the additional hair in LAMH when I enabled density. This happens when I create the hair from scratch, or if I use some presets from the website. I'm using 64-bit version with Daz 4.5 Pro

It seems like I'm missing something basic, may be some option needs to be set, but regardless of watching training videos, and reading the manual several times I could not figure out what 'm missing. I appreciate any help you can suggest.

Thanks in advance.

the hair doesn't show up in a render?

here is before and after in DAZ Studio, left is what I see before I hit render, Right is what the renderer shows me

showbe4andafter.jpg
    735 x 428 - 73K
    Post edited by Rareth on
  • esargeesarge Posts: 20
    edited December 2012

Thanks in advance.

If you can't see the hair after rendering then what you need to do is adjust the number of hairs exported. When you click on the export to daz button the new screen has number of hairs at the bottom. They are saying on here that the human head has around 120,000 hairs, so click on the number of hairs and type in the number that you want to export.

Hope this helps.

Post edited by esarge on
  • hakcayurekhakcayurek Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

Thanks Esarge and Rareth. I found out the problem. I was thinking all hair was going to be exported, but looks like it only exports individual shavegroups. Now that I got it, I can render the full hair after sending each group separately.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Thanks Esarge and Rareth. I found out the problem. I was thinking all hair was going to be exported, but looks like it only exports individual shavegroups. Now that I got it, I can render the full hair after sending each group separately.

I'm typing this on a tablet, so please forgive my terseness.

LAMH should export every occupied shave group at the same time, there is no need to export separately. In DS only the guide hairs will display until the render. Make sure that LAMH is open when rendering.

Kendall

• edited December 1969

Hello! VERY long time lurker here, finally unlurking to comment on LAMH, which I bought a few days ago :)

In short, I love it! I don't know if you're taking feature requests but there are a few things I'd love to see if you feel like adding them in the future:

1) Merge a project from disk with the current project.
    2) Invididual hair export counts for each shave group, as it's slightly tricky adjusting this at the moment if you decide to add or delete a shave group.
    3) A "Reset selected guide hairs" tool, to reset only the guide hairs under the mouse, in case of those situations where the user (ie. me) messes part of the hair up completely!
    4) Undo / Redo!

Any or all of these would make an excellent product even better. Thanks for reading :)

• SnowDogSnowDog Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

nightkin said:
    still not having much luck. i've installed v4.5 of studio, and i now have the plugin - but when i try to run it, studio crashes. maybe i need a better computer or something.

I'm having the same problem. I have DAZ 4.5, but when I open DAZ it says the plugin failed to load. I checked the log and where it says it can't find the dll.. the dll is there, so I don't know what the problem is.

edited December 1969

GamerGrrl said:
    nightkin said:
    still not having much luck. i've installed v4.5 of studio, and i now have the plugin - but when i try to run it, studio crashes. maybe i need a better computer or something.

I'm having the same problem. I have DAZ 4.5, but when I open DAZ it says the plugin failed to load. I checked the log and where it says it can't find the dll.. the dll is there, so I don't know what the problem is.

Email me at krsears (at) trdc.biz and we'll see what your issue is. Usually if DS is showing that the DLL didn't load, there's a bad install issue, but I don't want to say that for sure until I can verify the particulars with you.

Kendall

• commorancycommorancy Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

Another hair style with 'Heavy Metal'. Note, I'm still working on the shaders.

HeavyMetal5.jpg
    1920 x 1920 - 758K
    edited December 1969

very nice!

Kendall

edited December 1969

Hi hakcayurek, actually all the shavegroups are exported at one, you don't need to export each individually. What you need to do is, prior clicking the export button, to review each group export options, and set desired amount of hair that you want.
    So, say you have 3 groups, you set each of those with 100000 hair (to make an example), and then click export: that will produce and export all those 3 groups with the 100000 hair count.
    If you need further info don't be shy to ask.

edited December 1969

Truly beautiful and great hair styling there. Thanks for sharing it!

• edited December 1969

Hello Alessandro_AM,
    After a few tiny stumbles learning to use LAMH, I have to agree, great product :) I'm just making one tiny request, if possible..
    On the LAMH/Furrythings preset pages, would it be possible to get "Added on:" dates? Just to make it a bit easier to know if there's something new there from the last time we checked? :)
    TY for your hard work, and wonderful product.

edited December 1969

Ebahr said:
    Hello Alessandro_AM,
    After a few tiny stumbles learning to use LAMH, I have to agree, great product :) I'm just making one tiny request, if possible..
    On the LAMH/Furrythings preset pages, would it be possible to get "Added on:" dates? Just to make it a bit easier to know if there's something new there from the last time we checked? :)

Hi Ebahr, I'm happy you're enjoying it. :)
    The presets page is going to be reworked completely: items will be ordered chronologically (I'll put also a date as you asked) and by model, and also a thumbnail image so that users can see how the preset looks.

• edited December 1969

Hi Ebahr, I'm happy you're enjoying it. :)
    The presets page is going to be reworked completely: items will be ordered chronologically (I'll put also a date as you asked) and by model, and also a thumbnail image so that users can see how the preset looks.

Enjoying it very much :) I've waited for something beyond transmapped hair in D|S since D|S1, back when it was all "tellware", LOL. So this one of those "must haves".
    The rework of the preset page sounds ideal, and exactly what I was hoping for. I'm glad to hear that is something you have in the works. With the versatility and ease of use LAMH has, I can see the presets section getting filled up very quickly. :)
  • willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

A couple of renders - first is the preset silk hair with fringe unadjusted, second I added some wavyness to it.

Lighting needs tweeking work to bring out the detail.

lamh2.jpg
    1100 x 1100 - 88K
    lamh1.jpg
    1100 x 1100 - 83K
  • edited December 1969

What you need to do is, prior clicking the export button, to review each group export options, and set desired amount of hair that you want.
    So, say you have 3 groups, you set each of those with 100000 hair (to make an example), and then click export: that will produce and export all those 3 groups with the 100000 hair count.

Oops! Just read this post and sorry Alessandro! I'd misunderstood the export dialog! I didn't realise you could set the count for each shave group individually.

edited December 1969

Marko731 said:
    What you need to do is, prior clicking the export button, to review each group export options, and set desired amount of hair that you want.

Oops! Just read this post and sorry Alessandro! I'd misunderstood the export dialog! I didn't realise you could set the count for each shave group individually.

No problem :)

edited December 1969

A couple of renders - first is the preset silk hair with fringe unadjusted, second I added some wavyness to it.

hi willowfan what lights (and settings) did you use? Also, did you try to play with the Advanced Shader settings? This last has several parameters to tweak specularity, fading, illumination width and lot more.

edited December 2012

Ebahr said:

Presets page reworked, now it should be more undertandable. Besides the date field, I will put a colored "new" note on any new preset that will be added so that you can immediately recognize what's new in the house.

http://www.furrythings.com/presets/

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • GranvilleGranville Posts: 681
    edited December 1969

Thanks Alessandro for the quick help. I am posting a lowres NW-lycan here. Your advice worked a charm. I just am not really familiar with the values that give me what I want. But now I'm getting a better feel for it. Thank you for all your work and thought in designing the interface. Your careful design has significantly shortened the learning curve.

test_lycan_2.png
    500 x 450 - 142K
  • willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

hi willowfan what lights (and settings) did you use? Also, did you try to play with the Advanced Shader settings? This last has several parameters to tweak specularity, fading, illumination width and lot more.

it was a UE2 setup with a couple of other lights including one set for specularity. I think it's the advanced shader settings that I'll need to poke around in :)

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited December 1969

I apologize if this has already been asked (but 85 pages and no thread search function)...

How do I uninstall? I don't see an easy way to do that.

edited December 1969

Legionair said:
    I apologize if this has already been asked (but 85 pages and no thread search function)...

How do I uninstall? I don't see an easy way to do that.

Uninstall the plugin? You should have an uninstaller menu in your Programs->DAZ->etc...

This discussion has been closed.