Young Teens - Poser Companion Files don't seem to install

monkeycloudmonkeycloud Posts: 0
edited December 2012 in Poser Discussion

There seems to me to be an issue with the current Poser Companion Files installers for these products?

The python files, dummy cr2s, dufs and pngs do not get installed into my Genesis runtime... and the installer didn't give an option to select a path to any Poser runtime.

It did seem to install dufs and pngs to the People folder, under the runtime's enclosing folder. So I simply made the python files and dummy cr2s myself, manually, in textedit.

Course, that was for the two main figures, meant to be appearing in the Character folder. There are all the poses too, that I'll need companion files for...

Is this a known issue? Is it going to be corrected soon?

Thanks

Post edited by monkeycloud on

Comments

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

I have no problem with install PCF's from YT bundle.
    It asks for runtime and puts files in usual place

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143
    edited December 1969

I purchased Julie and had no problem, I could chose custom installation and chose my Genesis Runtime.
    All fine.
    Maybe re download the files again.

• monkeycloudmonkeycloud Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The installer doesn't give me an option to choose a runtime.

I'm running the mac installer... is anyone else that is using OS X had it work okay?

edited December 1969

Yeah... re-downloaded and tried running the mac installers for both Justin and Julie again...

I get the screen that lets me pick the default installation or customize install.

But whichever of those options I pick, it just goes straight to the screen with the create uninstaller checkbox...

...the installer then completes really quick... like it isn't doing anything much...

...and no PCFs get installed to my Poser Genesis runtime folders... in either the character or pose folders.

The installers for mac are definitely not working :(

edited December 1969

There also seems to be issues adding conforming hair... e.g. the Aldora or Sally Mae hair... to these figures.

The hair figures don't seem to scale properly... if I untick the follow scales option, it scales right, but is positioned too high... but that's a separate issue I guess.

I'll see if I can get the installers to work before I worry further about that.

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143
    edited December 1969

The installer doesn't give me an option to choose a runtime.

I'm running the mac installer... is anyone else that is using OS X had it work okay?

I am on a Mac and have no problems at all.

edited December 1969

Hi PetraR123

Thanks for confirming that - I'm running OS X Lion, what version are you running?

When you ran the installer, did it give you the option to browse to your Genesis in Poser runtime okay then?

The installer I have doesn't give me that option at all... as soon as I select either the default install or customize install option it skips straight to the "Create Uninstaller" option screen, as I say.

The installers for V5 and M5 Poser Companion Files worked fine for me.

It is just the installers for the Justin and Julie PCFs that seem to be broken in the version of the installers I'm getting to download...

• Dim ReaperDim Reaper Posts: 687
    edited December 1969

I've got exactly the same problem with the Juatin and Julie installers for Poser, but on the PC version. Just as you said, it doesn't give the option for the installation path, yet seems to install somewhere, but not into the runtime folder.

I've also tried re-downloading but no difference.

• KrewKrew Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

I'm on a PC and I'm using Poser. I successfully installed Julie and Justin yesterday (I thought), and even though they show up in the library, they import as the default Genesis figure. The only effect that dialing Justin or Julie has for me is to change the scale of the figure.

Today I re-downloaded the Justin files and like the posters above, when I went to install the PC companion files, I didn't receive an option to customize the installation, it will only go to the default (where ever that is).

I also noticed a difference in the file sizes. The files are:

15286_YoungTeens5JustinPoserCF_1.0_dpc - 5919kb (downloaded 12/23. I downloaded it twice but same file size)
    15286_YoungTeens5JustinPoserCF_1.0_dpc - 6521kb (downloaded 12/22)

This is really frustrating. :down:

edited December 1969

What is really strange is that most people have been able to install them. I wonder if a late update was added and that broke the installer? I'm going to try and unpack the installer on a different machine and see what happens.

Does anyone know a way of just unpacking the installers like you would with a zip file?

edited December 1969

I tried installing on another machine which has never had Daz Studio or Genesis installed. Exactly the same problem. It looks like someone broke the installer somehow.

Nothing to do now until the daz offices open again.

edited December 1969

Just in case anyone is unaware, the installers for Justin & Julie have now been fixed. I got a reply to my ticket last night, reset the downloads this morning and installation went smoothly. I'm looking forward to finally having a go with these figures.

• ThetaGraphicsThetaGraphics Posts: 46
    edited January 2013

I'm having the exact same problem as Krew, and I have used the latest installers (as of 1/1/13). (Though as far as I can tell, the installation doesn't seem to skip any steps)

I'm a Poser (Pro 2012) user, using the DSON importer, and loading either of the Gen 5 kids just gives me a slightly scaled down version of the base Genesis figure. (And the dials only affect scale)

I've reinstalled them three times (though unlike Krew, every time I re-download the installers, they are the exact same file size.) and there has been no change.

V5 and M5 still work fine...?

Post edited by ThetaGraphics on