DAZ PAs Christmas Countdown - Annual Freebies 2012

Comments

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

TWO gifts?

Thanks, DestinysGarden and 3DProclivity, these look fun! And thanks for the update, Sickleyield.

One minor issue - the Alien heads for Genesis both appear to be the exact same file. Same file names inside, same size same date ;)

By both, you mean the Legacy & the DS4.5 versions? Yes, it is odd. I noticed that too but I assure you the non-legacy files will NOT work in DS4. I tested them. And it kind of makes sense that they are the same size since the only difference between them is the program used to import them (same obj's loaded into morph loader pro, same file names, same parameters, same morphs, etc.).

Same date? That's odd...could someone with DS4 PLEASE test these to be sure I didn't just upload the wrong file? Thanks.

Yep. Both versions (legacy and DS4 versions) have these exact same files

3DP_AlienHead01.dsf Size 370kb Date 12/19/2012 7:30PM
    3DP_AlienHead02.dsf Size 370kb Date 12/19/2012 7:30PM
    3DP_AlienHead03.dsf Size364kb Date 12/19/2012 7:30PM

Actually, I'm trying to recall now if this type of file is affected by the DS4/DS4.5 issue? I could swear that morph files like these (in the data folder) work the same in either version. Isn't it the type that become .dufs which are only DS4.5 compatible?

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited December 1969

DS4.5 generated morph files are still in .dsf format (not .duf). The only way you would know the difference is to install them and see if they work in your version.

• 3DProclivity3DProclivity Posts: 538
    edited December 1969

TWO gifts?

Thanks, DestinysGarden and 3DProclivity, these look fun! And thanks for the update, Sickleyield.

One minor issue - the Alien heads for Genesis both appear to be the exact same file. Same file names inside, same size same date ;)

By both, you mean the Legacy & the DS4.5 versions? Yes, it is odd. I noticed that too but I assure you the non-legacy files will NOT work in DS4. I tested them. And it kind of makes sense that they are the same size since the only difference between them is the program used to import them (same obj's loaded into morph loader pro, same file names, same parameters, same morphs, etc.).

Same date? That's odd...could someone with DS4 PLEASE test these to be sure I didn't just upload the wrong file? Thanks.

Yep. Both versions (legacy and DS4 versions) have these exact same files

3DP_AlienHead01.dsf Size 370kb Date 12/19/2012 7:30PM
    3DP_AlienHead02.dsf Size 370kb Date 12/19/2012 7:30PM
    3DP_AlienHead03.dsf Size364kb Date 12/19/2012 7:30PM

Actually, I'm trying to recall now if this type of file is affected by the DS4/DS4.5 issue? I could swear that morph files like these (in the data folder) work the same in either version. Isn't it the type that become .dufs which are only DS4.5 compatible?

I thought that too, but most of the time I can't get morphs made in DS4.5 to work in my version of DS4, not even my own morphs.

And it is possible that the date is the same because I simply overwrote the morphs that didn't work in DS4. The best answer would be to try them in DS4. If they work. They are the right set. If not, somewhere between my DS4 computer, my DS4.5 computer, and April's dropbox, I got the two versions mixed up. I'll reup them if there is a problem. Just let me know.

edited December 1969

DS4.5 generated morph files are still in .dsf format (not .duf). The only way you would know the difference is to install them and see if they work in your version.

Yeah, what you said. lol

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,247
    edited December 1969

Thank you both! These look like fun.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited December 1969

SickleYield's Winter Gown textures are beautiful. The dress looks so much better with the real textures. Here is my modified Julie with her new gown and her fixed teeth.

SYWinterGown_with_textures_Blue.png
    800 x 1035 - 1M
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Thank you everyone for all the wonderful presents haven't had chance to download them yet...but they all look fantastic!

edited December 1969

Oh cute, barbult!

• MachieltjeMachieltje Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

No wait, that's not right...

Hold on a sec, my mum wrote it down somewhere...

Now where did i put it...

Ah there it is; Thanks you for all the pressies.

Oh, and because I now have a freakin awesome Christmas tree...

Bam! A render

Christmas_in_Rubble_2.jpg
    1152 x 648 - 602K
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

I just wanted to say "thank you" to everyone who's provided gifts this year.

I'd do a render, but I haven't had time to unzip any of these yet, let alone install them. (Besides, I don't have a beagle to put beside that tree... :) )

• gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the alien heads and the hair colors. Appreciated very much.

edited December 2012

You're welcome...

Hmmm, I have a sudden urge for ginger snaps.

=============
    Excellent render, Machieltje. Really like the mood and feel of your image. Poor and desolate, but rich and warm. Thanks for sharing it.

Post edited by 3DProclivity on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,301
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the gifts.
    Crossposted from the Gorgon thread. Used the Alien headmorphs on the snake guy.

Giggorgon.jpg
    1092 x 754 - 143K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited December 1969

SickleYield's Winter Gown in red is just fantastic. What a wonderful Christmas gift she has given us! Here it is with Photostudio 2 lights. Genesis and the hair look a little plastic, but the gown looks great.

SYWinterGown_with_textures_Red_PS2_lights.png
    800 x 1035 - 1M
    edited December 2012

Thanks for the gifts.
    Crossposted from the Gorgon thread. Used the Alien headmorphs on the snake guy.

What a great combination. I love that texture and the colors are perfect. May have to get the Gorgon now instead of just wishlisting it.

How come you always do better renders with my stuff than I do? lol

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    SickleYield's Winter Gown in red is just fantastic. What a wonderful Christmas gift she has given us! Here it is with Photostudio 2 lights. Genesis and the hair look a little plastic, but the gown looks great.

Wow. You're right that does look amazing.

• RainRain Posts: 335
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much for all the Christmas goodies. I've been spending a lot of time cleaning up my Runtime folders lately and had decided that I had too much stuff, but all of these are just so awesome, I couldn't help myself.
    Thanks again!!

• MachieltjeMachieltje Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You're welcome...

Hmmm, I have a sudden urge for ginger snaps.

=============
    Excellent render, Machieltje. Really like the mood and feel of your image. Poor and desolate, but rich and warm. Thanks for sharing it.

Thanks, I saw that tree and this image just popped into my head. Had to get the teens and atmospheric cams to ge it done but I'm rather happy with how it turned out. Was a bit worried aboutthe fire but when I found that shopping basket (a freebee from rendo) I knew I had something :P

Rendering it at a higher ql atm to get rid of the noise

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Yeah, what you said. lol

Oh, well, color me wrong (no big surprise :)).

That sure is TERRIBLY confusing to have the files for different versions have the same name so people can't tell which is for which version....sigh...

The thing that really threw me off was them having the EXACT same date, time and size as well....I suppose if anyone can't use either in DS4 they'll post ;)

edited December 2012

Yeah, what you said. lol

Oh, well, color me wrong (no big surprise :)).

That sure is TERRIBLY confusing to have the files for different versions have the same name so people can't tell which is for which version....sigh...

The thing that really threw me off was them having the EXACT same date, time and size as well....I suppose if anyone can't use either in DS4 they'll post ;)

Exactly! It is confusing to me too. You CAN mix them up and not even realize it until someone complains. lol

Upon reflection I should have changed the names a bit, but I didn't think to do that because I was rushing to make sure I got the legacy files done in time for my second gift day.

Guess we'll know soon enough, as you suggest. ;)

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Thanks, DestinysGarden and 3DProclivity! And April's hair will look great on an alien head too!

edited December 1969

barbult said:

Wow. You're right that does look amazing.

I'm so glad you guys like it! It was fun to make. It's rare that I really want to do something this girly, especially when it's an area that is better handled by others who do it so well, but it was neat to do something different from my usual.

• XandoryXandory Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

A big thank you for these. And, look, thanks to Zigraphix, I made my first toon! :D ***Smiley does not adequately show me bouncing up and down in joy, squeeling***

My_first_toon1.jpg
    919 x 1300 - 523K
  • AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,481
    edited December 1969

Hello Christmas Eve!! There are two gifts for Day 15!

Axel Duo - Morphs for M5, HOT gift presented by Male-M3dia!!!
    Axel Duo Download: -
    http://male-m3dia.com/freebies/Axel_duo_morphs_M5.zip
    http://male-m3dia.com/freebies/Axel_Duo_Poser_Companion_Files.zip
    assets in .duf and pz2 format
    Male-M3dia's shop: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/Male-M3dia

And

Get outside and be COOL with the Flex Flyer presented by The AntFarm!!!
    Flex Flyer Download: - https://www.dropbox.com/s/gd4duu0ysyzxnn7/TheAntFarm_FlexFlyer_xmas2012.zip
    assets in obj, pp2 and jpg format
    The AntFarm's shop: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/the-antfarm

And their cards below :lol:

male-m3dia_Axel_Duo_M5_Card.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 261K
    TheAntFarm_FlexFlyer_xmas2012.jpg
    800 x 726 - 471K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Thank you Male-M3dia and The AntFarm!!!!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Thank you MaleM3dia!
    Thank you TheAntFarm!

Dana

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 2012

Merry Christmas!
    The tree was irresistible - and the Wintergown and those poses just had to be in it.
    And it is my very first toon render. :)

DAZXmas.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 311K
    Post edited by Kerya on
  • NightwyrmNightwyrm Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

Thank you DestinysGarden and 3DProclivity

Alien_1.jpg
    1128 x 869 - 510K
    warrior_1.jpg
    1128 x 869 - 654K
  • NightwyrmNightwyrm Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

Thank you Male-M3dia and The AntFarm

• hermana5hermana5 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Oh what fun it is to ride...........................
    Thank you Male-M3dia and The AntFarm