DAZ PAs Christmas Countdown - Annual Freebies 2012

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

There is no Runtime/Textures folder in the zip...

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    I didn't get any textures either. I assumed that we were supposed to use shaders on it.

So I am not alone in missing the textures. Shaders can be used, I guess. I love Fabricator. However, red and blue materials are provided, but the texture files for those are missing. It looks more like an oversight to me. I hope SY can post an update, because this gown has huge potential and I'd like to see it as it was intended.
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 2012

Thanks so much, everyone! :-)

SickleYield, that looks like an amazing gown and I can't wait to try it out!

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited December 2012

The file I downloaded has a size of 30.8 MB and an md5sum of 2964a57daec36835d1006be0e03a8d5b. And no texture folder.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

Thank you SickleYield for the beautiful gown :-)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

Yes, it is. (as done up with Fabricator) With loads of matt zones! Thanks again!

SY-Princess.jpg
    450 x 812 - 161K
  • Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282
    edited December 2012

Once again, Thank you all for the Freebies!

Does anyone know where I can find an answer to this question, or where I should post this?

=>Daz Store seems to indicate that LisbethN is one of the vendors (with 13 products) that should be on sale 50% off this weekend. I’m not showing any discount. The store is currently at full price.

Will it be half off or not?

Thank you.

Update: Okay now blue tags are showing up telling which stores are on sale. I'm good. Never mind.

Post edited by Consumer573 on
  • drucdruc Posts: 323
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    druc said:
    Thank you to all the PA's. You have given some wonderful gifts.

I see a couple 'ghosts' of Christmases past in that render...

You are correct mjc1016. the feeling I was trying to portray was sadness through a loss of Christmas spirit/trimmings. (I think I could portray it better in a picture than words. It came about when I went to get our Christmas tree and decorations and I found they were at the back of a room, with boxes filling the rest of the room (we are renovating). I wasn't going to empty a almost floor to ceiling, wall to wall room, just to get to a tree and decorations.

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    JOdel said:
    I didn't get any textures either. I assumed that we were supposed to use shaders on it.

So I am not alone in missing the textures. Shaders can be used, I guess. I love Fabricator. However, red and blue materials are provided, but the texture files for those are missing. It looks more like an oversight to me. I hope SY can post an update, because this gown has huge potential and I'd like to see it as it was intended.

It may be an error in the duf file or whatever. Click stop asking and it will load, all three pieces, textured. you can then change the textures using the materials supplied.

Merry Christmas to all

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited December 2012

To everyone who downloaded the gown, please accept my humble and sincere apology. It does have shader-based textures, but I got in a hurry packaging it and forgot to zip them up!

Here they are from my Dropbox. April, could you possibly add this link to the initial one?

Also: That's a cute render, JOdel. I like it.

Post edited by SickleYield on
  • VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

Where do I find 3DP'' scaling preset in DS4.5? I looked everywhere.

edited December 1969

To everyone who downloaded the gown, please accept my humble and sincere apology. It does have shader-based textures, but I got in a hurry packaging it and forgot to zip them up!

Here they are from my Dropbox. April, could you possibly add this link to the initial one?

Thanks.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

So many nice presents ... thank you to everybody involved.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

Got 'em! Thank you. Will see how they do.

• 3DProclivity3DProclivity Posts: 538
    edited December 2012

Hello! :)

You will find them in the Content Library. Just follow this path:

People -> Genesis -> Characters -> 3DP -> Scaling Presets

Enjoy!

============
    Someone asked once why we vendors put our names on files/folders. That person believed it was to make sure you did not forget the vendor's name. I don't know why others do it, but truth is, I do it so I can find everything with ONE search without missing files. (Though I do not usually put my initials on files, just folders.) Great if I have to update or whatnot. Perhaps not so great if you are just looking for Scaling Presets. That's why commercial sets come with file lists. ;)

Post edited by 3DProclivity on
    edited December 2012

Hello! :)

You will find them in the Content Library. Just follow this path:

People -> Genesis -> Characters -> 3DP -> Scaling Presets

Enjoy!

============
    Someone asked once why we vendors put our names on files/folders. That person believed it was to make sure you did not forget the vendor's name. I don't know why others do it, but truth is, I do it so I can find everything with ONE search without missing files. (Though I do not usually put my initials on files, just folders.) Great if I have to update or whatnot. Perhaps not so great if you are just looking for Scaling Presets. That's why commercial sets come with file lists. ;)

Just to stick my nose in, sorry, bad habit. I usually check a zip or rar file to see what the file structure is. good way to check if I should install to DAZ My Library or Poser runtime. DAZ store stuff is usually an exe so I just go with the default and hope it has a readme web page to tell me were to look for the new goodies.

If there is a file name other than Poser whatever or Studio whatever above Runtime or My Library, I just change the name and then unzip to a level higher. This helps me keep my file structure the way I want it.

Post edited by druc on
  • AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,481
    edited December 2012

There are two gifts for Day 14!

Textures for Ciri Hair, the second gift presented by DestinysGarden!!!
    Textures for Ciri Hair Download: - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/26614140/DGCiriHairMATS.zip
    assets in .duf, mc6 and jpg format
    DestinysGarden's shop: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/DestinysGarden

and

Genesis Alien Heads, the second gift presented by 3DProclivity!!!
    Genesis Alien Heads Download: -
    DS4.5: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqgc2h8b7sou75j/3DProclivity_AlienHeads.zip
    DS4: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zvrasao6mpjp4df/3DProclivity_AlienHeads_Legacy.zip
    NOTE from 3DP re Legacy file: If the morphs do not show up on the shaping tab, please look for them on the parameters tab (Actor/Heads/Universal/FantasySciFi). They are red/green sliders that begin with 3DP_AlienHead followed by either 01, 02, or 03.
    3DProclivity's shop: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/3DProclivity

And their cards below :lol:

3DProclivity_AlienHeads.jpg
    1137 x 1864 - 901K
    DGCiriHairMATS.jpg
    600 x 600 - 379K
    Post edited by AprilYSH on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Thank you DestinysGarden and 3DProclivity!

Dana

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Big thank yous to SickleYield, DestinysGarden and 3DProclivity!!!! :)

• hermana5hermana5 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you and best of fun this Christmas.

• ServantServant Posts: 754
    edited December 1969

Thanks to everyone! Additional kudos to 3dP for the Legacy version. Not everyone's moved on to 4.5 for various reasons (system requirements, bugs, comfort zone, etc.). So this is really appreciated!

• maraichmaraich Posts: 489
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for the awesome gown, Sickleyield!

Christmas_Drow_Watermarked.jpg
    750 x 1000 - 418K
    edited December 1969

I wish you all a safe and happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

Sorry for the dodgy picture, but I don't have the time to get the lights right and add wings to the tree top angel and improve the angels pose.

022.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    edited December 1969

And a PS. that's not me, I am a grumpy mid fifties man

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

Thank you all for the new gifts!! Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and New Year!! :)

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

TWO gifts?

Thanks, DestinysGarden and 3DProclivity, these look fun! And thanks for the update, Sickleyield.

One minor issue - the Alien heads for Genesis both appear to be the exact same file. Same file names inside, same size same date ;)

edited December 2012

TWO gifts?

Thanks, DestinysGarden and 3DProclivity, these look fun! And thanks for the update, Sickleyield.

One minor issue - the Alien heads for Genesis both appear to be the exact same file. Same file names inside, same size same date ;)

By both, you mean the Legacy & the DS4.5 versions? Yes, it is odd. I noticed that too but I assure you the non-legacy files will NOT work in DS4. I tested them. And it kind of makes sense that they are the same size since the only difference between them is the program used to import them (same obj's loaded into morph loader pro, same file names, same parameters, same morphs, etc.).

Same date? That's odd...could someone with DS4 PLEASE test these to be sure I didn't just upload the wrong file? Thanks.

Post edited by 3DProclivity on
    edited December 1969

BorgyB said:
    Thanks to everyone! Additional kudos to 3dP for the Legacy version. Not everyone's moved on to 4.5 for various reasons (system requirements, bugs, comfort zone, etc.). So this is really appreciated!

You're welcome. And I understand. I just moved to DS4.5 myself and still miss Finder II from version 3! :)

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

BorgyB said:

You're welcome. And I understand. I just moved to DS4.5 myself and still miss Finder II from version 3! :)

Finder II is the only plugin I really miss.

edited December 1969

BorgyB said:

Finder II is the only plugin I really miss.

Think we could cajole him into a third version?