My (LAMH) animal models coming with Poser Hair!

I'm posting this also in the Poser-specific thread...

For the folks interested, I was finally able to write a custom code routine that would convert LAMH fur information to Poser Dynamic Hair.
There are only a few brief steps that I have to do manually, but I am now able to convert and produce addons for all my animal models so that they work natively in Poser too!

And of course new ones will come in double format...

Here is the American Bison for Poser (I must admit I am NOT very acquainted anymore with Poser, so I'm still trying to sort out best render and lighting settings), but I'm very happy with the results.
Attached also an image of the Hair Room.
Being native Poser hair, users will of course be able to style them further and change whatever setting they want.

Comments

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

Wow - this is GREAT news!!

• Great!

• This looks extremely interesting. Where will the add-ons for existing models be released?

• This looks extremely interesting. Where will the add-ons for existing models be released?

I think they will be here at DAZ. If they don't change their mind...

• It looks as though nothing has materialized yet… Any update?

• OK, I got it (I think…): I need to purchase LAMH 1.6, is that right? I guess I will have to wait for a sale ;-(

• Two models coming in a few days... No they will feature Poser Dynamic hair do actually you won't need LAMH in this case.

• MorkonanMorkonan Posts: 215

Two models coming in a few days... No they will feature Poser Dynamic hair do actually you won't need LAMH in this case.

This is very nice!

Would you consider producing something like a scripting package for Poser's hair room, armed with your newly won knowledge? :) I hate Poser's Hair Room with a passion... But, if I had some scripts that made working with it easier, I might actually try to use it. :) Poser's hair features are the most under-utilized feature of the program, since its inception, for the simple reason that the Hair Room has always been too difficult to deal with and good results far too difficult to accomplish.

PS - That hair looks great and really shows off your work and the capabilities of Poser's hair! Good job!

• tiggerspringstiggersprings Posts: 304
    edited January 2017

Alessandro_AM, sorry for the thread resurrection... Are there any Poser dynamic hair add-ons for the [url=http://www.daz3d.com/arctic-fox-by-am]Artic Fox[/url] and [url=http://www.daz3d.com/bear-cubs-by-am]Bear Cubs[/url]?

Post edited by tiggersprings on
  • Unfortunately not at this time, sorry.

• Ok. Is there any chance of seeing some in the near future?  Thank you.

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited January 2017

Ok. Is there any chance of seeing some in the near future?  Thank you.

I'm afraid not in the near future (intended as 1/2 months); I'm still trying to finish a routine that will allow me to convert DAZ+LAMH presets to Poser Dynamic Hair: the code is already working but is not fully automatic, so I need to fasten that. Once that it's done, my plan is to convert my entire animal catalog to be Poser compliant. Not sure when exactly though...

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • Thank you for your honesty.

• Thank you for your honesty.

You're welcome. As I have news regarding this, I'll make sure to post them here as well.

• Thank you.

• Hope so much of a poser-squirrel...

• garfunkelgarfunkel Posts: 0
    edited May 2019

Sorry for disturbing but what about (LAMH) animal models coming with Poser Hair for today? This (LAMH) support Poser?

Post edited by Chohole on